Mafia 1 - The CROWN - GAME OVER!

Guilt is a numbers game.
Heffie
Reactions:

Post by Heffie »

Cause I'm super lazy, can someone let me know how many hours of the day we have left? Thank you.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

9 and a half I think?

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

@Trigardon

Getting the block confirmation is all and well. But you are arguing that someone that's helping us got blocked. That makes one or two?(because you didn't reveal Trigardon) of our limited and actually useful night time abilities that helped us that night were wasted. So what're the odds of no death happening after we friendlyfire each other?

It's still possible of course, but I find that less likely when compared to what would happen otherwise. And for that reason alone I'm not going to change my vote, until you convince me, instead of defending yourself with the numbers of first day lynches or pointing fingers back at the people who voted for you. And also one important thing that you should understand is that I didn't vote for you because I found you suspicious on my own, I voted for you because Joesatri convinced me that you are. What I mean is, I'm not asking for much to take my vote away. Just convince me, better.

Mary
Reactions:

Post by Mary »

Gridfon wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:07 am
Mary wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:47 pm
Although it looks like he's already got enough for a deadline lynch without needing mine, I will vote Trigardon and amend appropriately if he makes a miraculous appearance and justifies the absence as well as Moxy's intel. This vote is to mitigate against someone voting Moxy last minute and creating a tie.
Nope, 10 votes are required for deadline lynch. Neither Moxy nor Trigardon are there yet.
You can find the required vote numbers in post #6.
You're right Gridfon, maths and I aren't the best of friends, especially maths at night :) .

At this moment in time I still find the people voting no lynch highly suspicious. @Trigardon though you've spoken, I can't say you've absolved yourself by claiming a blocking ability. I think it's highly plausible that daemon has dished out lots of NTAs to make the game interesting and blocking isn't always a townie ability.

@Stringer good theory meriting consideration. Though multiple factions will make it harder for us to untangle what is going on, I think the events of the last day suggest Moxy is a brand of bad, even if I can't put my finger on exactly which kind. Whether he's part of a psycho/traitor group as has been previously suggested or old fashioned scum, he's still not helping the town. Therefore unvote Trigardon -> vote Moxy

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

I don't get the point of immediately turning at Moxy. I by no means, back them up, well it's impossible to do so given how much attention they brought to themselves. But we know two night time abilities at play and they are both confirmed, because of their reveal. Whether they belong to innocent Moxy or malicious gang of Moxy and friends, we're yet to deter that part. Right now the strongest argument for this turn, to me at least, is that messaging people at night, how would that be of use to us. Yeah, it wouldn't and that could cause ruckus for sure. But if you think about being able to be messaged BACK in return. Now that could be really useful, to hand out some anonymous tips about what happened at night to another, without actually revealing your ability and role to everyone else.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Sorry for double post, but messaging and getting messaged back. Let's just theorize.

Say, if I have the messaging ability, I randomly message someone, that perchance happens to be a look out. I message them asking if they have seen anything has happened at that night, then they message me that Telvek visited Adela. Now that's vital information. I can take this bit and ask it to someone who i relatively trust based on day talks. Or just take it to Adela with a message on the following night. Or I can bite the bullet and share the look out's information without revealing the look out.

Or I can tip someone out with a silly sentence at night, that I'd slide in somewhere during the next day's talks to share who I'm with the person I've messaged, because I believe them to be innocent. And that'd also confirm my innocence to them, simply because mafia wouldn't reveal their abilities or identities like that.

There are just so many possible decent plays one could do with an ability like that, that's why I struggle to believe it is inherently malicious. That being said, I've never played a Mafia game where Daemon was the Game Master. If he has a tendency to leave these abilities to the bad guys, then I would be happy to concede my point and follow that line of logic.

MrWaffles
Reactions:

Post by MrWaffles »

Not to derail the other conversations, but Moxy, can you only message one person in a night? Also, is there any limit to how many times the person can respond, or you respond to their response?

Also, Skuggi, will you be able to respond to Moxy tonight still? Can we check the response function tonight to make sure there is no discrepancy in what was said earlier today (if Moxy is still around tomorrow)?

Mary
Reactions:

Post by Mary »

Rene wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:14 am
I don't get the point of immediately turning at Moxy. I by no means, back them up, well it's impossible to do so given how much attention they brought to themselves. But we know two night time abilities at play and they are both confirmed, because of their reveal. Whether they belong to innocent Moxy or malicious gang of Moxy and friends, we're yet to deter that part. Right now the strongest argument for this turn, to me at least, is that messaging people at night, how would that be of use to us. Yeah, it wouldn't and that could cause ruckus for sure. But if you think about being able to be messaged BACK in return. Now that could be really useful, to hand out some anonymous tips about what happened at night to another, without actually revealing your ability and role to everyone else.
Yes it could, maybe, might, potentially be useful BUT, I think it's more likely a role with negative connotations. I didn't immediately turn at Moxy, the suspicion has been ongoing and the role declaration did not dispel that suspicion (page 5 has quite a few posts where people have already articulated why that is).

Mary
Reactions:

Post by Mary »

Mary wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:10 am
Gridfon wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:07 am
Mary wrote:
Although it looks like he's already got enough for a deadline lynch without needing mine, I will vote Trigardon and amend appropriately if he makes a miraculous appearance and justifies the absence as well as Moxy's intel. This vote is to mitigate against someone voting Moxy last minute and creating a tie.
Nope, 10 votes are required for deadline lynch. Neither Moxy nor Trigardon are there yet.
You can find the required vote numbers in post #6.
You're right Gridfon, maths and I aren't the best of friends, especially maths at night :) .

At this moment in time I still find the people voting no lynch highly suspicious. @Trigardon though you've spoken, I can't say you've absolved yourself by claiming a blocking ability. I think it's highly plausible that daemon has dished out lots of NTAs to make the game interesting and blocking isn't always a townie ability.

@Stringer good theory meriting consideration. Though multiple factions will make it harder for us to untangle what is going on, I think the events of the last day suggest Moxy is a brand of bad, even if I can't put my finger on exactly which kind. Whether he's part of a psycho/traitor group as has been previously suggested or old fashioned scum, he's still not helping the town. Therefore unvote Trigardon -> vote Moxy

@Trigardon Just re-read your original post and realised you didn't actually claim a blocking NTA, you just confirmed you'd been blocked by moxy. Sorry, honest mistake, I just read it wrong.

Also thinking about it more, scum probably wouldn't do that for someone about to get lynched. That reinforces that I made the right choice and that you're more likely to be town than moxy is.

edit: grammar.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

There have been a few other people who have mentioned 3 parties in this game instead of two but stringer has most recently outlined this possibility in a post in a quite pertinent way.

I'm not one to write long posts, so to make a long story short, here are my conclusions of day 1:
- radwulf and ec probably both townies and at each other for all the wrong reasons (unless radwulf has actual information that we don't and this is why he is so aggressive. I'd say the chances of that are slim to none)
- joesatri is my top pick for definite townie
- trig should get to live to see another day in my opinion
- moxy only has himself to blame if he gets lynched and is in fact a townie
- thx Blissie for pointing out that Pelasgi's one post was as good as no post. Just as good a lynch candidate as moxy.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Mary

I have had two people confirm my NTA’s

And yet you think I’m more worthy of a vote someone who has had his NTA’s confirmed someone who has been active against someone refusing to be helpful?

And at Rene I did confirm the people I message CAN message back. Maybe skuggi couldn’t message back that night because I didn’t sign the message? I do t know that you will have to ask daemon that after the game.

At Mr Waffles as far as I know it’s one message to them and one message back.

And I’m thinking of choosing someone other then skuggi just so that people don’t cast doubt on it so I ask you guys give me a chance tonight to prove it and send a message to someone.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Oh and yes I do agree it’s my fault if I get lynched, just that their will be mafia in that list!

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

At this point, I'm pretty sure the classic, killing-faction is the Security team, under orders to liquidate the base with no news leaking to the outside. Moxy is probably their Godfather. Under pressure, he eventually claimed two of their night-time abilities, a hopefully fatal mistake. Both abilities make much more sense for a mafia faction than for a townie.

I'm waiting for EscapedConvict to follow through on his stated conviction and vote Moxy.

As for the virus faction, THE ONE, I have a very important message for the town.

EVERYDAY we MUST discover and keep track of the person who cannot vote due to feeling unwell (Joesatri's case), in case that's the first symptom of becoming infected. Self-disclosure (if forthcoming) can be faked, so it's best to verify everyone casts at least one vote every day, and not a no-lynch one to be completely sure. If the town's game condition includes eliminating all the infected eventually, we must be sure to keep track of them! I'm now inclined to believe Siderite may be the Patient 0 player; curious to see how he behaves the next day.

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

We’re scientists we can’t go lynching people based on conjecture alone. I worked hard for my degree and paid for it by working in college. No reckless accumulation of student loans here. In regard to the evidence posted here it is very likely that Trigardon is in fact infected with this strange pathogen. Likewise Moxy is very suspect.

unvote Escaped Convict
vote Trigardon

MrWaffles
Reactions:

Post by MrWaffles »

Hi all,

I feel we should wait till tonight to see if Moxy's earlier assertions about his NTAs can be proven. If something turns out to be false, we can still 50% lynch him and anyone else we want tomorrow as I think there is no cap on instant lynchings in a day.

That being said, he could still be Mafia, as he might just know the things that other Mafia did last night and claim them as his NTAs. This does not explain why no one died last night, but maybe some other blocker succeeded.

I am honestly worried about the third faction though. Head of Security does imply a team, and someone did get stabbed at the start of the story. This could be Mafia (infected), but it sounds more like someone who would use muscle. Moxy did not have to reveal his role as Head of Security, but being the first role reveal, he might not have known who everyone else was and he might not have thought of it as a risk at the time.

As far as I see it, letting him live for now just lets him use his NTA further. If his only NTA is messaging, then I feel this is not a huge risk. However, if he is in charge of something more sinister, then I am wrong for not lynching him earlier.

-Amit

Sander
Reactions:

Post by Sander »

Bombaclaat wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:09 pm
Likewise Moxy is very suspect.
unvote Escaped Convict
vote Trigardon
People are unvoting Trigardon and going after Moxy. Your vote is going to be a waste like this. If you find Moxy very suspicious. Why not end it?

MrWaffles
Reactions:

Post by MrWaffles »

radwulf wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:02 pm
At this point, I'm pretty sure the classic, killing-faction is the Security team, under orders to liquidate the base with no news leaking to the outside. Moxy is probably their Godfather. Under pressure, he eventually claimed two of their night-time abilities, a hopefully fatal mistake. Both abilities make much more sense for a mafia faction than for a townie.

I'm waiting for EscapedConvict to follow through on his stated conviction and vote Moxy.

As for the virus faction, THE ONE, I have a very important message for the town.

EVERYDAY we MUST discover and keep track of the person who cannot vote due to feeling unwell (Joesatri's case), in case that's the first symptom of becoming infected. Self-disclosure (if forthcoming) can be faked, so it's best to verify everyone casts at least one vote every day, and not a no-lynch one to be completely sure. If the town's game condition includes eliminating all the infected eventually, we must be sure to keep track of them! I'm now inclined to believe Siderite may be the Patient 0 player; curious to see how he behaves the next day.
Hi radwulf,

I like your theory and am happy to test it. I unvote no lynch and vote radwulf to show I am not hiding behind no lynch. I am not doing this to lynch radwulf and will change my vote if he accumulates too many votes.

-Amit

Edit. I am sorry as this is my first time on this board. I just changed my vote color to red.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

radwulf wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:02 pm
At this point, I'm pretty sure the classic, killing-faction is the Security team, under orders to liquidate the base with no news leaking to the outside. Moxy is probably their Godfather. Under pressure, he eventually claimed two of their night-time abilities, a hopefully fatal mistake. Both abilities make much more sense for a mafia faction than a townie
well well. Look here first mistake radwulf

First of its pointed at daemons first posts that communication as been cut so how would we have had an order from the outside to liquify the base huh?

We’re the Secruity team not an army team.

I bet you anything the Mafia team is the Chinese scientist trying to cover up.

So yeah nice try but thanks.

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

Thanks, that was probably unnecessary. :) For today we have self-disclosure (enforced by the mod) from Joesatri. I don't expect the infected to be permanently disabled from voting, but running my proposed test tomorrow would reveal if that's the case.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

I don't think there's much harm Moxy can do with the two confirmed abilities either. The problem with this conundrum for me is this we can't gain more by putting Moxy on the spot. I believe this role reveal and the ability reveal, the latter are even confirmed at this point, are final. So voting for Moxy implies we're eliminating them, without any other gain. Would that help? Maybe if we're lucky with the coinflip. Knowing all we know so far about the abilities in play and a role reveal is because Moxy co-operated with us when they were asked to, I will not be voting for them today. Forgiving their shenanigans at the start as an ehtusiastic failure, I don't believe the information they shared with us present any contradictions either.

I'm in favor of keeping the vote condition vocal as well. I think that's a good idea Radwulf.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

behemoth wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:37 am

Now to the topic of EscapedConvict vs. radwulf :)

EC - Your relentless grilling of radwulf seems disproportionate to his alleged missteps. There are players with much deeper holes in their reasoning and more glaring inconsistencies. Either he brings out in you some primeval male instinct of wanting to win an argument with him for argument's sake because he went at you first, or you're mafia and you want to take down the one opponent you deem as the biggest threat to your chances of success. For those of you who have played with them before, you would know what I mean.

I see your point, but it's not a clear-cut inconsistency on his part and there's room to see it both ways. But you're in 5th gear trying to make it stick, and others are falling for it because he does come across as having an aggressive style of play. Is it that you fear his accusations against you and want to capitalize on the momentum against him to bring him down while you still can?

If you really do have the town's best interest's in mind, consider for a second that there's weightier evidence elsewhere. And if possible, maybe reconsider his explanations with a mind that wasn't already made up. Otherwise I will be inclined to go with the second scenario where the town's best interests are not your own.
I see your point. With a very decent sized 'but'.
Irs too one sded to be objective.

Flip that coin and tell radwulf's attack on the first page of this game, based on semantics, was warranted?
And then when confronted about it he did not admit he asked for a role way to early but try to mask it as necessary.

Yes, as a townie I always try to figure out the people I know first, the ones that I know can play the game and help the most so I know if I have them on my side or not from the get go.

My actions can definitely look overzealous but they are the result of radwulf (and yourself) jumping and requesting a role claim from me way too early on and based on air.
At a time we had just started talking and I only had 3 very early votes. Yet you two OGs have the audacity to ask for a role claim form me.
I will hold that against you two for a long time in this game.
In the sense that now in my eyes you two have more of an uphill battle to convince me of your good intentions.
Unfortunately or not, some people are held to higher standards then others sometimes.

Now back to reading last two pages...

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

I would like to also point out that radwulf seeing I don’t have the necessary votes has resorted to creating stories and unknown facts into his post rather than producing actually evidence.

This is something mafia would 100% do.

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

Sander wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:16 pm
Bombaclaat wrote:
unvote Escaped Convict
vote Trigardon
People are unvoting Trigardon and going after Moxy. Your vote is going to be a waste like this. If you find Moxy very suspicious. Why not end it?
Fair point... There was so much for me to read. :lol: :lol: :lol:

unvote Trigardon
vote Moxy

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Non related to the discussions above: why did Nanna and Emily talk only in the first couple of hours of Day 1, and why have they disappeared?

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

Rene wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:14 am
What if the response back to Moxy's message at night only happens if the person Moxy sent the message to has a night time abilty .

As in an automatic response the Moderator sends Moxy giving him some info as to what that person he sent the message to was up to.

Or, only a person with another night time ability can respond to Moxy because all the others are asleep.

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

A valiant last stand, Moxy, but it doesn't stand up to any scrutiny. The Security team (generally former army/police types with a background of inflicting violence) could have received their mission orders then proceeded with dispatching the comm technician, destroying the outside comm link, then commandeering the remaining internal comms. That is mostly inference of course, but what follows isn't: you've been caught lying in your daytime posts, you've lied in your claimed nighttime message, you claimed two abilities that would make most sense for mafia, and a role title that perfectly aligns with the Godfather role of the killing faction in this theme. It's time for you to die, scum! :)

Rene, a successful lynch of a scum now would bring a much clearer perspective to townie night actions and tomorrow's discussions.

Why am I not surprised that when it counts, EC is not willing to vote for whom I presume to be his Godfather, despite his stated certainty?

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Bombaclaat wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:35 pm
Sander wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:16 pm
Bombaclaat wrote:
unvote Escaped Convict
vote Trigardon
Fair point... There was so much for me to read. :lol: :lol: :lol:

unvote Trigardon
vote Moxy
Wait this don’t make sense at all either why suddenly change vote just like that? You either believe me or you don’t, or your just wanting a lynch no matter what. If you believe me then you believe I’m town and vote for trig which you did. Or you don’t believe me and you vote against me. You don’t change just because you think your vote is wasted. You should change on who you believe is townie or mafia.....

Does this behaviour not raise red flags for everyone else?

And I k ow what some mafia might say, moxy is just trying to deflect on anyone that votes on him. But I ask, am I doing this to everyone that’s voting me? For just the people like radwulf and now bomb

Telvek
Reactions:

Post by Telvek »

Just wanna clarify this guys:
valli wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:14 pm

add Telvek
Have you even read through all the posts and what has happened. We have even a strange role declaration, we have people pushing others, people being silent allthough they are heavily accused and you just make a very short statement ... that you aggree with the No Lynch statement of MrWaffles. That's it? Comeo on! My gut feeling tells me that you just wanted to look active ... for me this smells like mafia tactics.
Mary wrote:
@pelasgi and Telvek - you're both either playing the 'lay low and hope no one takes much notice' card or you genuinely don't care about helping the town. Oh wait, both of those things are synonymous with mafia behaviour.

So yes, I try to be active and to read all the statements, theres just the fact that I am part of the essential workers, so I do still have my 8 hours the day to work ( next to a personal life lol).
And the fact, that since my post yesterday 8:30 pm about 100 messages more have been added simply shows how much is going here right now.
And well, I am not one of the guys that already have a few dozen replies in this forum and this also wont happen, simply due to the fact that I dont want to respond to everything immediately.

If this should make me suspicious for you, feel free to Vote for me :P
I just think that its a kind of dumb idea to lynch a rather silent semi-active member on the first day, whereas there are several players that have already multiple votes for their death :)

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

I would also be curious to hear why Noni hasn't voted for anyone yet, in spite of her stated suspicions against Moxy.. do correct me if I'm wrong and somehow missed your vote

[edited for clarity]

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

@Moxy

I would like to hear some details about your roles.

- You can send messages to other people. Can you send one to any target you wish? Should your target be able to answer you regardless of their affiliation? Is there a length restriction for the messages you send? Is there for ones you receive back? If yes, what is the maximum length? Can you do this ability every night, or only a limited number of times?

- What does your blocking ability entail? How many times per game can you use it? Does it block incoming NTAs? Does it block outgoing NTAs? Is there something the involved players are likely to feel as the result of blocking? (e.g. if you rolled a massive stone in front of their cave entrance (in a different world, mind you), people targeting Trigardon would likely have received a message that there's a massive object in front of the entrance and they cannot move it; whereas Trigardon would likely receive a message that a massive object is blocking his door from outside and won't budge).

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

MrWaffles wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:12 pm
I feel we should wait till tonight to see if Moxy's earlier assertions about his NTAs can be proven. If something turns out to be false, we can still 50% lynch him and anyone else we want tomorrow as I think there is no cap on instant lynchings in a day.
Good point.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

radwulf wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:43 pm
A valiant last stand, Moxy, but it doesn't stand up to any scrutiny. The Security team (generally former army/police types with a background of inflicting violence)
Actually police/army have a history of having a job to protect not harm. Nice try ;)
you've lied in your claimed nighttime message.
No I haven’t skuggi actually confirmed it nice lie there rad
you claimed two abilities that would make most sense for mafia, and a role title that perfectly aligns with the Godfather role of the killing faction in this theme. It's time for you to die, scum! :)
Not really, only aligns to the story that you have told not facts. Townies lynch on facts, mafia lynch on stories, which one are you lunching on... oh wait a story

Rene, a successful lynch of a scum now would bring a much clearer perspective to townie night actions and tomorrow's discussions.
Accept in a townie so this doesn’t count.
Why am I not surprised that when it counts, EC is not willing to vote for whom I presume to be his Godfather, despite his stated certainty?
Anyone not following your story is wrong I see. You believe me or your mafia, nice stance there rad. To be honest I have clue of EC is mafia or not but still your logic is based on a story you made up not facts.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

EscapedConvict wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:53 pm
MrWaffles wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:12 pm
Good point.
Exactly

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

There's little doubt that Moxy's claimed abilities exist. The accusation is at least some of them belong to his mafia colleagues. Having him prove their existence proves nothing in regards to establishing his innocence.

Moxy, on a scientific base, army/police types stand much more likely to inflict violence. But that's just story inference, as I explained. You're being voted primarily for your lies and inconsistencies.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Sorry, looking back at Moxy's defense, even from the earliest hours, I just find it believable. So I think, I'll keep my bragging rights if they are lynched and turn out to be innocent. I also find it unfair to get rid off someone who made a decent defense for themselves, and let someone pass who made no defense at all.

On a side note, "Moxy lied in their nighttime message" argument is absurd. That message could be anything. Can be silly, false, informative.... Literally anything. And Moxy even used the exact same sentence at the morning so Skuggi could know who sent the message. Doesn't really strike me as an action someone ill-willed would do, to reveal their ability and identity to a total stranger? Why would bad guys do that? But Radwulf you're really pushing it, especially with that argument. Something EscapedConvict also noticed earlier on, it's fishy.
Last edited by Rene on Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Gridfon wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:51 pm
@Moxy

I would like to hear some details about your roles.

- You can send messages to other people. Can you send one to any target you wish? Should your target be able to answer you regardless of their affiliation? Is there a length restriction for the messages you send? Is there for ones you receive back? If yes, what is the maximum length? Can you do this ability every night, or only a limited number of times?
As far as I know it can be to any target at any length and anyone can reply to it every night.
- What does your blocking ability entail? How many times per game can you use it? Does it block incoming NTAs? Does it block outgoing NTAs? Is there something the involved players are likely to feel as the result of blocking? (e.g. if you rolled a massive stone in front of their cave entrance (in a different world, mind you), people targeting Trigardon would likely have received a message that there's a massive object in front of the entrance and they cannot move it; whereas Trigardon would likely receive a message that a massive object is blocking his door from outside and won't budge).
I can use the block ability every night, it stops that person from leaving the room. Whether that includes people going to the room it doesn’t say you would haVe to ask someone with more expertise at modding Mafia games than me.

It doesn’t say how it blocks but it says it stops the occupant from leaving the room so maybe the door simple won’t open?? I don’t know the specifics of that.

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

Noni wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:47 am
I'm not one to write long posts, so to make a long story short, here are my conclusions of day 1:
- radwulf and ec probably both townies and at each other for all the wrong reasons (unless radwulf has actual information that we don't and this is why he is so aggressive. I'd say the chances of that are slim to none)
Also, why would the chances of him having actual information be slim to none? He has as much of a chance for having actual info as any of us, and this being a Daemon game, there is definitely that chance.

Anyway, your drawing of conclusions and yet no vote by what will very soon be the end of day 1 is intriguing to me if not suspicious.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

But what doesn't really add up in Moxy's story for me is that they don't know who the other members of the security team are, and then they are using just a random sentence to start their search for them... Eh, could be a misplay, perhaps. But I still believe you're not bad, Moxy.
Last edited by Rene on Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

radwulf wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:59 pm
There's little doubt that Moxy's claimed abilities exist. The accusation is at least some of them belong to his mafia colleagues. Having him prove their existence proves nothing in regards to establishing his innocence.

Moxy, on a scientific base, army/police types stand much more likely to inflict violence. But that's just story inference, as I explained. You're being voted primarily for your lies and inconsistencies.
Until you realised that I don’t hVe enough facts and that is when you started with these stories to try and push the vote over. Most townies would fall back on stats and evidence not stories.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

radwulf wrote:
Still reading the comments from today

And as rene pointed, its a good question to asked ourselves if there is anything to gain from keeping Moxy alive one more night.

Plus with multiple lynches allowed we can do it tomorrow no problem. And then move to another candidate.

I known you want to take the pressure off of you.
I will most probably remove my vote from you by the end of today, if that helps.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Rene wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:03 pm
But what doesn't really add up in Moxy's story for me is that they don't know who the other members of the security team are, and then they are using just a random sentence to start their search for them... Eh, could be a misplay, perhaps. But I still believe you're not bad, Moxy.
It’s not just a random scentance the message could be as long or short as I wish. I just sent that first message like that cause I have no clue who could be apart of my secruity team so I sent it to a random person. So that I could prove my NTA.

I could put two whole paragraphs in the message if I wanted.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Moxy wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:04 pm

Until you realised that i don’t hVe enough facts and that is when you started with these stories to try and push the vote over. Most townies would fall back on stats and evidence not stories.

That is meant to be “that u don’t have enough facts”

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

radwulf wrote:
you claimed two abilities that would make most sense for mafia
It might make sense to you, but I saw Daemon give both of these abilities to (separate) towns people the previous time I played. (To be fair, both major factions had the blocking ability in that game). The message-sending ability naturally made sense as the towns ability in the game world we used.
radwulf wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:59 pm
The exact functionality of how a particular NTA works could give hints on whether it is meant to be 'innocent' or not (e.g. if the blocking ability would make the targeted person feel unwell and stay at home, it would be reasonable to assume Moxy is mafia). Asking Moxy for details could force him to either reveal the flavor of his abilities, or try to come up with novel description and run into contradictions.
Rene wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:00 pm
And Moxy even used the exact same sentence ata the morning so Skuggi could know who sent the message. Doesn't really strike me as an action someone ill-willed would do, to reveal their ability and identity to a total stranger?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Moxy only revealed it after more than half a day has passed, and after Moxy was already forced to declare the role? If I'm right about that, then your logic and conclusions do not hold.

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Moxy wrote:
As far as I know it can be to any target at any length and anyone can reply to it every night.
I do not believe this. If I was a town person with this ability, I would literally write full-fledged essays to my targets as my NTA. And god forbid I had another useful NTA ability (like blocking people), I'd try to come up with a master plan to orchestrate winning the game for townies just based on my two abilities alone.

There ought to be a limit for the messages being sent.
Moxy wrote:
I can use the block ability every night, it stops that person from leaving the room. Whether that includes people going to the room it doesn’t say you would haVe to ask someone with more expertise at modding Mafia games than me.

It doesn’t say how it blocks but it says it stops the occupant from leaving the room so maybe the door simple won’t open?? I don’t know the specifics of that.
If it says nothing about blocking the incoming people, I would expect it does not block incoming people.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

One fact remains: Moxy can block NTAs (until proven otherwise)

Wouldn't it be wise to keep him around and we the town chose who to block every night?

The town would have that weapon. Even if Moxy is a psycho/traitor.
We use him to our benefit.

I will not vote Moxy and I strongly suggest people reconsider.
Again, keep in mind we have multiple lynch available to us.

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

Moxy wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:35 pm
Sigh explain why I have two NTA’s ? Well I didn’t want this information out there but I’m head of security. I can send messages to look for my other members of security team. Everyone I send a message too can reply. So whether my other members of security can send messages to me Without having to wait for me to send one I would of thought so. And that information I didn’t want out there but if it saves me sorry guys.

And what you mean others have none? It’s daemons game! Everyone unless your a backup has an nta. At least has been in the last 3 games daemon has modded. I wouldn’t expect it to be any different.
Moxy, the message you actually sent does not fit the purpose you claimed above. I would have expected something along the lines of a question, "are you security too?" And why didn't you want that information out there?--there's nothing conceivably dangerous in it for the town. It's only dangerous if you're mafia, and you were thereby revealing your membership in a distinct faction.

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Moxy wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:07 pm
Rene wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:03 pm
It’s not just a random scentance the message could be as long or short as I wish. I just sent that first message like that cause I have no clue who could be apart of my secruity team so I sent it to a random person. So that I could prove my NTA.

I could put two whole paragraphs in the message if I wanted.
The game obviously nudges you towards finding your security guards and figuring out why identifying them would benefit your faction (townies, traitors, or mafia - does not matter). In the perfect world, what could Skuggi respond to your message in order for you to be able to identify him as a security guard?

It just seems to me you could have build in subtle hints into your message that would help identifying the security guards, and it seems like you did a poor job at that.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

@Moxy:

Yes, all I'm saying is this. A message like: "Hey are you one of my security team? We're scattered and I'm your chief. Please respond to this message with yes or no. And also, "This too shall pass." will be the code for me to reveal myself to you, if I deem you worthy." Now something like that would give you a lot of avenues to play around, with your ability.
Gridfon wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:10 pm
Rene wrote:
And Moxy even used the exact same sentence ata the morning so Skuggi could know who sent the message. Doesn't really strike me as an action someone ill-willed would do, to reveal their ability and identity to a total stranger?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Moxy only revealed it after more than half a day has passed, and after Moxy was already forced to declare the role? If I'm right about that, then your logic and conclusions do not hold.
Moxy hinted Skuggi with the message text on page 3, post 126. And revealed his role with the details at page 4, post 180. To be fair he was already under fire from all directions from the very beginning. But he did attempt to prove his innocence to Skuggi by a conditionless revelation, which I believe earned Skuggi's trust a bit as we can see in the following posts of him.

I'm also in huge favour of keeping Moxy alive as long as we get to choose who they block at night after a day time vote, great idea actually EscapedConvict.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

Rene wrote: I'm also in huge favour of keeping Moxy alive as long as we get to choose who they block at night after a day time vote, great idea actually EscapedConvict.
Radwulf? Behemouth?

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Rene wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:19 pm
Moxy hinted Skuggi with the message text on page 3, post 126. And revealed his role with the details at page 4, post 180. To be fair he was already under fire from all directions from the very beginning.
Oh, my wrong then, I was convinced these events happened in the opposite order.