Mafia 1 - The CROWN - GAME OVER!

Guilt is a numbers game.
Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

I wonder why we have not automatically lost yet.
Let's see how this looks like, after Clemens is dead.

Me, Behemoth (cleared by me), Phox (cleared by valli), valli (proved by voting today), Rene (proved by using his DTA) are not mafia.
Noni (lied about Clemens), Bombaclaat (valli's NTA), zero, Skuggi (my NTA) all are on bandwagon spree (first Clemens, now Rene) and are clearly mafia.
MrWaffles is likely mafia.

So we have a 5-5 tie, and that means no one will get lynched at deadline today.
Unless someone like Rene has some tiebreaker ability. And that's why they vote him next.
Last edited by Gridfon on Mon May 04, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

MAFIA VULTURES...my own sisters. :oops: @Noni @Mary

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

@Phox listen to me. We have to put an end to this madness now. We need to lynch @Rene so that no other townie should suffer.

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

Noni wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:14 pm
phox wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:13 pm
zero wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:12 pm

No, because he can and will blow up the whole of Crown when he wakes up.
based on what will he blow up the crown?
because he is an undercover from the crazy faction and bombaclaat has figured him out
Yes, if we don't act quickly they will blow up the station. Phox, you have to trust us. Clemens infected you. :'(

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

@zero in which universe do you think you are? :lol: the one where everyone believes the big bad wolf?

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

GUYS the only person with the power to shut down the power at CROWN is RENE.

He's gone completely mad and wants the station to blow up. His minions blissie, nanaa and siderite were not able to accomplish anything but he will blow us all up only because he hasn't been sleeping lately and now he's gone MENTAL

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Gridfon wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:19 pm

Me, Behemoth (cleared by me), Phox (cleared by valli), valli (proved by voting today), Rene (proved by using his DTA) are not mafia.
Noni (lied about Clemens), Bombaclaat (valli's NTA), zero, Skuggi (my NTA) all are on bandwagon spree (first Clemens, now Rene) and are clearly mafia.

Unless someone like Rene has some tiebreaker ability. And that's why they vote him next.
MrWaffles must have poisoned one of the innocents today. So it should not be 5-5 tie.
But it is possible that Phox ordered a mafia player to vote against another mafia player today, and that would even the balance out.

@phox: Who did you target with NTA today?
If everything hinges on presumed Rene's tiebreaker, we will likely have to lynch MrWaffles today. The vote disruption is very important right now.

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

@Gridfon if I check classical mafia gameplay rules then the major has a extra vote when votes are even or the major has a second vote. So that might be the case here.

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Gridfon wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:25 pm
MrWaffles must have poisoned one of the innocents today. So it should not be 5-5 tie.
But it is possible that Phox ordered a mafia player to vote against another mafia player today, and that would even the balance out.

If everything hinges on presumed Rene's tiebreaker, we will likely have to lynch MrWaffles today. The vote disruption is very important right now.
And this likely explains why mafia revealed themselves and did not win yet. There was some misplay with the vote manipulation, and Noni's bandwagon was too rushed.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Gridfon wrote:
Gridfon wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:19 pm

I didn't use my NTA, cause I wanted to observe who would vote for who and not make a risky decision without enough info.

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

Gridfon wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:27 pm
Gridfon wrote:

And this likely explains why mafia revealed themselves and did not win yet. There was some misplay with the vote manipulation, and Noni's bandwagon was too rushed.
@Phox chose not to use her NTA last night.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Bombaclaat wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:30 pm
phox wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:26 pm
Rise and shine guys, I wanna start by admitting to @Rene that I was wrong to not believe him about his DTA, my apologies Rene, but I must admit you were confusing me a lot. Tonight I wanted to avoid making any bad calls and forcing someone to vote for someone that is innocent. So I decided everyone should be responsible for their own vote and to not visit anyone, I did not send Daemon a target. In this way nobody can blame me for their voting decision. I also regretted convincing @MrWaffles to vote for @Rene when he turned out to be telling the truth, so I learned from my mistake.

This was a really great and interesting game for me and it was nice playing with all of you :) really. I never knew an online forum game could be this fun. I'm sorry to say it's my last day though.. . last night I got a respiratory infection followed by a high fever with severe coughing , this morning when I got checked they told me I could have only survived the next night if I would have gotten medical assistance earlier.
No, not my precious Phox! :'(
No, "not the precious phox I decided to kill during the night " :lol: shame on you ! liar liar @Bombaclaat

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

and I wanted to go to bed early today ...

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

valli wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:32 pm
same, i start work at 7 30 in the morning

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

Noni wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:35 pm
valli wrote:
You could convince your two buddies and yourself to vote for @Bombaclaat, that might speed things up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

phox wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:31 pm
Bombaclaat wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:30 pm
phox wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:26 pm
Rise and shine guys, I wanna start by admitting to @Rene that I was wrong to not believe him about his DTA, my apologies Rene, but I must admit you were confusing me a lot. Tonight I wanted to avoid making any bad calls and forcing someone to vote for someone that is innocent. So I decided everyone should be responsible for their own vote and to not visit anyone, I did not send Daemon a target. In this way nobody can blame me for their voting decision. I also regretted convincing @MrWaffles to vote for @Rene when he turned out to be telling the truth, so I learned from my mistake.

This was a really great and interesting game for me and it was nice playing with all of you :) really. I never knew an online forum game could be this fun. I'm sorry to say it's my last day though.. . last night I got a respiratory infection followed by a high fever with severe coughing , this morning when I got checked they told me I could have only survived the next night if I would have gotten medical assistance earlier.
No, not my precious Phox! :'(
No, "not the precious phox I decided to kill during the night " :lol: shame on you ! liar liar @Bombaclaat
I would never harm you! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please change your vote to Rene... He's a really mean and obnoxious guy. We're better of without him.

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

valli wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:37 pm
Noni wrote:
valli wrote:
You could convince your two buddies and yourself to vote for @Bombaclaat, that might speed things up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or have you considered voting for Rene Valli? It's what they would call a pro gamer move. ;)

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

As I see @Moxy reading this. I blame this all on our Security Department!

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

valli wrote:
Noni wrote:
valli wrote:
I have a better idea... :) how about you vote for @Rene instead?

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

valli wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:38 pm
As I see @Moxy reading this. I blame this all on our Security Department!
I concur, this station is sorely lacking in security. :oops:

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

valli wrote:
Noni wrote:
valli wrote:
but i don't want CROWN to go up in flames. TRUST ME! i only want what's best for us.

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

Here are some beautiful flowers for you Phox. <3

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

@phox they are from both of us

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

Noni wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:41 pm
Me too.

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

zero wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:42 pm
Noni wrote:
Me too.
But I paid for them... :lol: :lol: :lol:

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

Bombaclaat wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:09 pm
My last night’s message was a tirade on how nothing could stop them now. Something about “ugly bags of mostly water”, “vessels for their precious RNA”, “If he could be turned he would become a powerful ally” and “employing the viral envelope” hearing repeated chants of “FOR THE GREATER GOOD!”

and then… HIS DISEASE IS HIS DISGUISE! At least one of my patients is hearing voices that are well somewhat ominous to say the least.
I still have to laught about this ... how long did it take you to write that crap?

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

aww so cute. too bad I hate roses.

MrWaffles
Reactions:

Post by MrWaffles »

vote Rene (the poll is disabled for me @Daemon

To everyone,

I am honestly a bit sorry for betraying your trust. We started the game as a minority and this was the only way for us to survive. You might not believe me, but sometimes lying felt fun and sometimes it felt bad (like now). It was actually my first game in any format, and I wanted to see what I was capable of. I am quite happy to have survived till now and I think this was a very interesting experience. Thank you for this.

-Amit

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

@Phox this is for you.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

MrWaffles wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:44 pm

To everyone,

I am honestly a bit sorry for betraying your trust. We started the game as a minority and this was the only way for us to survive. You might not believe me, but sometimes lying felt fun and sometimes it felt bad (like now). It was actually my first game in any format, and I wanted to see what I was capable of. I am quite happy to have survived till now and I think this was a very interesting experience. Thank you for this.

-Amit
WHAT???? YOU ARE ONE OF THE BADDIES?!?!?!
how very dare you MR Waffles?!?
i still think Rene is the scum.

Please vote for rene

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

phox wrote:
aww so cute. too bad I hate roses.

This adorable kitten can be yours if you vote Rene. :D

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

MrWaffles wrote:

To everyone,

-Amit
Once we lynch @Rene, you are next!

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Bombaclaat wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:43 pm
zero wrote:
Noni wrote:
Me too.
I'm dying, literally and figuratively :lol:

GUYS,
remember that day when everyone was voting for radwulf or joe and I was trying to convince everyone to vote for @Bombaclaat instead?
WHY did nobody listen to me :(

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

MrWaffles wrote:

To everyone,

-Amit
You need to use the new +Name commands to vote, thats why and not the v tags.

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

phox wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:47 pm
Bombaclaat wrote:
zero wrote:

Me too.

GUYS,
remember that day when everyone was voting for radwulf or joe and I was trying to convince everyone to vote for @Bombaclaat instead?
But I'm one of the good guys... :cry:

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

and now it all depends on @Rene ... LOL

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

phox wrote:
Bombaclaat wrote:
zero wrote:

Me too.

GUYS,
because you didn't post a photo with Greta Thunberg.

Please help us on your death bed phox to save this station from Rene. REMEMBER he said you were immature !?!?!?

MrWaffles
Reactions:

Post by MrWaffles »

vote Rene

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

zero wrote:
MrWaffles wrote:

To everyone,

-Amit
Once we lynch @Rene, you are next!
Yeah Waffles we're going for you next. You were never to be trusted.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

MrWaffles wrote:

To everyone,

-Amit
@MrWaffles you are a gem, mafia or not :lol:
as much as I love puppies @zero stop spamming the forum in case the good guys wanna read more easily please, ok? thanks <3

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

valli wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:49 pm
You couldnt make this up :)

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

valli wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:49 pm
he is after all the chief important guy - maybe he's inactive and we will waste so many days. VOTE RENE

Daemon
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Daemon »

Give me a minute... :P

Daemon
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Daemon »

[story tomorrow]

GAME OVER!

THE INFECTED WIN!

(Sorry for the delay and the mistake in resolving the winning conditions, but it's a very complicated scenario that spreads over 4 days and my mind had trouble processing. I incorrectly assumed that the town still has a chance - the game should have ended with Clemens' lynch. Will post that scenario step by step soon. And with that, i give myself the 3rd warning, aaaaand I'm out!)

You will find all sorts of info here, but please continue the discussion on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21&p=43#p43

Good Game everyone!

Daemon
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Daemon »

So. My mistake was this: Rene has tiebreaking vote. N5, MrWaffles, mafia vote blocker targeted Rene, but which is their first time targeting someone 2 times in a row and they did not know it would not work. Rene wasn't going to eat the food without checking it first, after previous' nights food poison effects. Also, Sander, the physician, who could heal food poison, did protect Rene N5 as his last dying action. So I figured that if the town manages to lynch MrWaffles at deadline tiebreak (only him, and nobody else), the mafia would not be able to block anyone else's vote. And the day would repeat until the numbers would be uneven so that the town could instalynch someone, without needing 1 extra vote (like... 4v3), and eventually the mafia would lose. Unfortunately, i missed the fact that every day was going to be an even number of players (mafia + town) so that would not happen. :(. This is the laid out scenario, thanks to Joesatri. Mafia gains superiority in D9 after killing Rene.

Daemon
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Daemon »

Roles:

Emilly - Infected Geneticist (GF) - immune to temperature scans
Bombaclaat - Infected Handyman - can kill with the hammer once per game
Mary - Infected Twin Test Subject (1) - dies when their twin dies
MrWaffles - Infected Cook - blocks day-time votes; consecutive blocks fail
Noni - Infected Janitor - sees whoever enters target's room
Silvextru - Infected Gardner - drugs people into sharing info with him
Skuggi - Infected Sanitizer - has 3 canister that block access to rooms
Zero - Infected Room Maid - can switch rooms 3 times per game

Heffie - Microbial Ecologist (traitor) - comes up clean; receives messages from mafia
Siderite - Anti-vaxxer - 1 physical kill
Blissie - Flat-earther - 1 physical kill
Nanaa - Conspiracist - 1 physical kill

Adela - Biological Agents Researcher - 2 viral attaks: kills target in 2 and 4 days
Behemoth - Fitness Coach - immune to physical attacks
EscapedConvict - Twin Test Subject (2) - dies when their twin dies
Gridfon - Microbial Physiologist - checks if infected people ever were in room
Joesatri - Computer Expert - remote checks if his targets left room; is sick
Moxy - Security Chief - blocks people (+some NTAs) in their rooms
Pelasgi/Clemens - Microbial Immunologist - immune to viral attacks
Phox - Therapist - manipulates day vote; mafia may ignore this action
Princess.ruxi - Engineer - sees where his target went at night
Radwulf - Nurse - checks players' temperature
Renegade - Chief scientist - breaks tied votes, ends vote and day once
Sander - Physician - saves his target from actions that allow it
Stringer - Security Guard - 50% chances to protect alone, 100% together
Telvek - Personnel Manager - finds out players’ line of work
Trigardon - Security Guard - 50% chances to protect alone, 100% together
Valli - Microbial Virologist - tests players for infection with L or S strain

I think inactives affected the balance, once again :(. This is my mafia-modding nemesis...
That said, i take full responsibility for anything you may or may not criticize, but happened...

Daemon
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Daemon »

(16) Town

Renegade - Chief scientist: You’re the most respected individual in the base and you’re the only one that did not leave the base for the past 3 years. Your microbiology expertise is unequaled in the station and perhaps in the world. The CROWN project ops has assigned to you a ‘veto’ right, which means that you have the power to break any tied vote that you have taken part of. If it’s a deadline lynch tie, the option you have voted wins. If, although unlikely, there’s a 50-50 percent instant lynch vote tie, your vote breaks the tie. Also, as a “one time” extreme measure, you may call off a vote and end the day prematurely. When you decide to do that, you have to e-mail me, and it will be effective as soon as I receive the e-mail or some other notification from you. Any way to contact me is allowed so that time is not wasted.

Gridfon - Researcher: An expert in microbiological physiological processes, you host an arsenal of forensic procedures and testing equipment. Each night, you collect air samples from inside the room of a person you select, and run tests. Based on the trace elements contained, you’re able to deduce whether individuals affected by infections set foot inside that room since the last decontamination.

Valli - Researcher: A scientist working the field of microbiology, you’re the resident expert on virology. Having read the research of your predecessor, you learned that there are 2 strains of this coronavirus infecting the base residents: “L”, which is very aggressive, very deadly, especially without medical support and dangerous for patients of any age; and “S”, which is milder, with a very low mortality rate, and only when associated with pre-existing medical conditions, like metabolic, cardiovascular diseases or lung afflictions, mostly present in older people. Putting your experience and equipment to good use, you decide that each night you’re going to test a person against infection with the coronavirus.

Pelasgi/Clemens- Researcher: One of CROWN’s resident microbiology scientists, your expertise in viral immunology seems to come in handy with the complicated situation the base is in. The reason you started working with pathogens and discovering new ways to fight them was to cure yourself from what was at the time an incurable, chronic infection. You’ve inoculated yourself with different vaccines, time and time again, before finally succeeding. However, you’re left with a hyperactive immune system that causes a permanent, bad cough and a temperature above that of a normal human being. The good thing is that you’ve become immune to most contagious diseases, and coronvirus is no exception. You are invulnerable to night time attempts to subject you to viral infections.

Adela - Researcher: You field of expertise is biological agents. Usually, you are looking for ways to defend against such insidious aggressions like biological attacks. But this time around, it’s time to take the offensive, or risk it all by not doing what mattered. Based on the statement of the Chinese whistle blower, you retrieved the original, genetically modified but still un-evolved virus samples stashed under fake names. The 2 strains of coronavirus in cold storage were modified for biological warfare by boosting their lethality while decreasing their virulence in order not to spread beyond control. You transferred them to two delivery devices. Each of them held infection delivery agents that dispersed one of the bioengineered virus strains, whose abilities to replicate and infect others was removed, but whose deadly effects for the direct target was increased tenfold. The more aggressive “L” strain kills its victim in 2 days, and the “S” strain does so in 4. In the nights of your choosing, you may deliver either of the 2 canisters to the room of one person, and activate their delayed release mechanism before leaving.

EscapedConvict - Volunteer Twin Test Subject: You and your identical twin have volunteered to be subjected to some non-invasive tests because of the quite uniquely strong bond you share. Your connection somehow goes all the way to the neural, biochemical and physiological processes of your bodies, to the point that much of the mental or physical distress suffered by one of you, is experienced by the other one as well. So you enrolled in an avant-garde program that studies the effects of mild infections both on the one being directly subjected to them, and to the twin with whom there is absolutely no contact. After drawing straws, you were the “lucky” one that would go first in isolation, to be exposed to various viruses and bacteria first.
The minute you realized that there is something very wrong with your twin, your first urge was to find the doctor and find a cure. But as the events accelerated, so did your understanding of the state of being hi-jacked that your twin was in, and you realized that if either of you dies or goes into cryo-stasis, then the other one will have to go too, or risk heart and organ failure, as your bodies were faithful mirrors of each other, even when separated.
Long story short: if either one of you is eliminated from the game, the other one is too. Your infected twin is Mary.

Phox - Therapist: You’re the on-site shoulder to cry on, after months of isolation from the world. However, besides being a good listener and a good friend, you’ve mastered the subtle art of NLP (neuro-linguistic programming). Your mastery of the human psyche and linguistic expressivity allows you to manipulate people in such a way that the ideas you induce appear to be their own. Each night, you select a person whose room to go to and engage in a discussion that convinces them to vote, the next day, for whoever you suggested that night.
*Undisclosed factor: The infected (Mafia), being mind controlled by the hive-mind virus, would be immune to this.

Telvek - Personnel Manager: You’re the bonding agent that makes things go smoothly within a base full of people speaking wildly different native languages, coming from vastly different cultures and backgrounds. Information is the key to keeping things afloat. Normally, whenever you would have needed it, you would have been able to request detailed information on anybody from the ops center in Reykjavík, but now, with the comms being down, you are only able to access minimal personnel files kept on site. Due to GDPR, available personal information is very limited. What you’re able to do is verify whether each person is part of the active roster (as in scientist/researcher) or support personnel, and so, maybe corroborate their claims. Each night you select the name of a person you wish to check, but the computer allows you to access the database not more than once every 24h, for a maximum of 5 times per week.
*Undisclosed factor: All Mafia (except GF) has blue collar roles - since the infection took place in the maintenance crew area.

Princess.ruxi - Engineer: You’re the technical expert that knows where every nut and bolt of this base goes. One of the systems you’re managing is the access card system. Inside the CROWN habitat, keycards are required to open every door, but each user can only access their own logs. You are the only one allowed to transfer your access credentials temporarily. And so, each night you may transfer your card ID to another player’s keycard. In the morning, when you switch back, you may check your own access log but find out whose rooms your target opened that night.

Joesatri - Computer Expert: Your job on CROWN is way more than a server monkey, but much of what you do is make sure the top of the line supercomputers that assist the scientists with their research are up and running at all times. You have access to every workstation in the complex, but you are able to hack the personal computers that the residents keep in their rooms, and rig their webcams to record images of their users’ rooms all night long. You may select a person each night, and find out whether they have left their rooms or not. Trouble is that being stuck behind a computer screen for as long as you can remember has reduced your immunity to such an extent that every time you go out, you’re likely to catch a cold or some kind of bug! And traveling to CROWN to take your post was no exception: you arrived there already down with a nasty case of the flu.

Radwulf - Nurse: Your job is to help the station’s doctor tend to the health of the base personnel, but right about now, you wish you would have taken that job helping the hungry and the dying in Somalia, under fire from warlords and mosquitoes. It doesn’t seem there is much that a simple nurse can do to help resolve this situation, one that is going to be a challenge even for the genius scientists here at CROWN. In lack of better options, you’ll stick to what you know best. Each night, you may go to another person’s room and take their temperature with the infrared thermometer.

Sander - Physician: The CROWN has one E.R. doctor on call, which is you. You’re expected to tend to the health problems any station residents may develop, but under the circumstances, with the self-imposed lockdown, you decided you’re going to do something about it. Each night, you are able to select a person to watch, and in case of unfortunate incidents that threaten their lives, move in and treat them, saving them from the kind of attacks whose effects you’re able to mitigate using your medical skills.
*Undisclosed factor: Cures food poisoning and viral attacks.

Moxy - Security chief: You’re all brawn and no brains. You don’t even know how to operate CROWN’s high-tech equipment, you can barely use the NewronComm system. Since the radio array has been sabotaged, even short wave devices, like the walkie-takies you used to contact your team, stopped working. So in order to locate them, you take your time, thinking things through every day, and when the night comes, you select the room of a person who’s most likely to be occupied by a member of your security team, and send them a message (anything you want, through me, also WITHOUT QUOTING anything from any e-mail whatsoever). Whatever they reply to you, or even IF they choose to or not to, is entirely up to them. Also, every night, you may go to anyone’s room and prevent its occupant from leaving it that night, and so, effectively denying them the use of their night time abilities that would require them to.
*Undisclosed factor: Not signing their message would render replying impossible.

Stringer - Security Guard: You’re a professional security worker, hired to protect the compound and its personnel from any threats that may arise, on the physical side of things, at least. Although the lockdown occurred soon after arriving at the station, you know for sure that you’re not there’s more of you at the base. You may attempt to protect any person you believe to be instrumental to resolving the situation, by patrolling the area around their room. That has a 50% chance of success against any night time attacks, but if another security guard chooses to protect the same person, the chances are 100%.

Trigardon - Security Guard: You’re a professional security worker, hired to protect the compound and its personnel from any threats that may arise, on the physical side of things, at least. Although the lockdown occurred soon after arriving at the station, you know for sure that you’re not there’s more of you at the base. You may attempt to protect any person you believe to be instrumental to resolving the situation, by patrolling the area around their room. That has a 50% chance of success against any night time attacks, but if another security guard chooses to protect the same person, the chances are 100%.

Behemoth - Fitness coach: You handle the physical well-being of a bunch of nerds, with whom you’re stuck for a year. Tiresome as it is, you’re still craving for a good run. And there aren’t enough modules in CROWN for you to have a decent jog in the mornings, like you’re used to. As such, you’ve set up a personal gym inside your room, with treadmills and weights and all that. Being the reliable navy sergeant that you are, you’re a good at following orders, and you respect the lockdown to the letter. And although the day is filled with NewronComm discussions and politics and allegations and voting, you’re happy to nap through most of it. And when the night comes, blood starts pumping and you engage in extended workouts. Your army training and your strength allow you to resist any physical attacks that may target you at night.

Daemon
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Daemon »

(8+1) Mafia

You’re all infected with the aberrant “S” strain of the coronavirus that evolved to develop a hive-mind consciousness. While it has this unprecedented mind-controlling side-effect, it only causes slight fever and other mild physical symptoms and is not deadly to healthy adults. You’ve all been given the virus-version of brain-washing and have found a new, viral purpose in life: the infection of every human in the world. In order to do that, you need to gain control over CROWN and use it to grow more sentient viruses in its labs, and spread!
-You’re allowed to speak at night, only through e-mail, using “REPLY ALL” and including me every time.
-You win when you’ve attained majority.
-The way you attack at night is by designating a teammate to deliver and release a dose of airborne “L” virus strain. This kills the target in (so called) 24h, game time! So if you attack someone in night 1, it dies the next night and it’s announced at the beginning of day 2.
-You may organize and discuss things as you wish, but the assassination e-mail is sent by your leader (the godfather), who has the final word in the matter and may overturn your decision as he sees fit.
-Every night you may attack another player, but your teammate doing the deed CANNOT use their own regular NTA (night-time abilities) that particular night.
-When and if your leader is eliminated, ALL OF YOU have to AGREE on the next night target, and send me your option. If you fail to do just that, there will be no regular mafia attack that night.

Emilly - Patient 0 (godfather): You’re the unfortunate individual that found the rigged bio-storage canister, hidden inside your microbiological genetics lab by the Chinese scientist you’ve replaced, and you became the first person infected with the rogue coronavirus. Since being infected for longest, the virus has the greatest grip on you and you became its central processing unit. Armed with the remaining solution carrying the “S” virus strain, you infected a group of people that you found in a maintenance crew recreational area, and added them to your disease spreading nest. Unlike them, the time that passed since contracting the virus has allowed your body to adapt to it, so your temperature is back within normal limits. You are their leader, and you have the last say in picking your team’s night target for killing. You have to send me the kill target at night. There’s no delegating this task. No mail, no kill.
*Undisclosed factor: GF death releases Traitor back to Town

Noni - Infected A: Your job as a janitor makes you a somewhat invisible presence around the facility. Being so that you can carry a mop anywhere without people giving you a second look, you’re able to watch things unfolding. At night, you may trudge around someone’s room and take notice of whoever goes in there.

Bombaclaat - Infected B: Your former self was a handyman that was fixing everything that didn’t require anything more complex than a hammer, grease or a screwdriver. And there were plenty of those, from plugs and panels to squeaky doors and broken beds. Just so it happens, you still have your hammer on you, and you can use it for an extra attack, once per game, in the night of your choosing. As with any role, you cannot perform both the regular mafia night attack and your special attack in the same night.

Zero - Infected C: A room maid before being possessed by the evil virus, you kept some of that courteous charm that made you survive putting order to the chaos in the rooms of genius sociopaths that hate it when even the tiniest, most useless thing that they own is moved even by an inch. They sometime had to be literally dragged out of their dens so that those could be disinfected and cleaned. You still have 3 of those mandatory cleaning orders, which you could use in any 3 nights you choose. When used, the occupant of the room of your choice is temporarily lodged in your room, which you’ve prepared especially for the occasion. You take their place in their own rooms, and all night time abilities that target that room (investigations, attacks etc) will subject you to their effects instead, and they would be the recipients of abilities targeting you.

MrWaffles - Infected D: You were a cook, and now, the virus that took over your brain dispatched you like a good pawn to keep doing your job so you don’t arise suspicion. Each night, while cooking for everyone on the station, you may pick someone from outside your team for whom you’re cooking, to ‘doctor’ their food with spoiled food, full of thriving, harmful bacteria. They will quickly develop acute cases of food poisoning that will induce high fever and severe stomach aches. And while they will be able to talk during the day, they will not trust their delirious selves enough to make life and death decisions – in effect, not voting that day. The medicines available on-site will revert this condition in 24h.
*Undisclosed factor: targeting the same person in consecutive nights results in their target checking then rejecting the food

SilveXtru - Infected E: The station has a hydroponics module where fresh produce is grown, essential for the health benefits of the long-term CROWN residents. While growing plants is not something overly difficult for anyone with some gardening skills maintaining this, you relished in cultivating a few things on the side, cannabis being one of the most appreciated. Each night you can go to any player’s room, but never twice (you can’t revisit anybody), and engage with them in a marijuana-fueled discussion, hoping to get them to share some of the info they might have learned that night.

Skuggi - Infected F: You’re the resident sanitization worker. You have 3 canisters of strong antibacterial agents, meant at getting rid of germs sticking on frequently used places, like the toilets, kitchen tables or door handles. You can use them in 3 different nights, to disinfect the room door of anyone you choose. The warning on the door, as well as the green slime oozing from its handle, hinges and frame, is effectively preventing anyone else from entering it that night.

Mary - Infected G: You and your identical twin have volunteered to be subjected to some non-invasive tests because of the quite uniquely strong bond you share. Your connection somehow goes all the way to the neural, biochemical and physiological processes of your bodies, to the point that much of the mental or physical distress suffered by one of you, is experienced by the other one as well. So you enrolled in an avant-garde program that studies the effects of mild infections both on the one being directly subjected to them, and to the twin with whom there is absolutely no contact. After drawing straws, your twin was the “lucky” one that would go first in isolation, to be exposed to various viruses and bacteria first. But you also wanted to volunteer for helping around the station with chores, given that you had too much time on your hands, with your twin being the lab rat and all. So you happened to be in the maintenance crew recreational area, looking to lend a hand exactly when Patient 0 infected everyone with the virus.
It did not take long for your twin to realize that there is something very wrong with you. But as the events accelerated, even in your state of being hi-jacked, you realized that if either of you are killed or goes into cryo-stasis, the either one will follow suit, having triggered heart and organ failure, as your bodies were faithful mirrors of each other, even when separated.
Long story short: if either one of you is eliminated from the game, the other one is too.

Heffie - Researcher (spy): A scientist happened to be inside the crew area when the victims of Patient 0 were infected, assessing the indoors conditions of the research station for the proliferation of pathogens. Protected by a hazmat suit, the researcher was not affected by the virus spread from the canister. But the mask also impaired their vision, so they could not see who else was around and became infected. However, as they witnessed the event and tried to run, Patient 0 caught up with them and has presented them with 2 options: either do your bidding, helping you in reaching their goal, whatever that was, or be killed. Right there and then – or later, if they break their word.
So while they are healthy and mentally free and do not trigger any worrying results when investigated, they became your servant. You may send them instructions (through me) which they may or may not obey. But they only win when you win, although they do not count towards your majority, but conversely, they count as town. It’s a hard and lonely role to play, so don’t just go and sacrifice them!

Heffie - Researcher (spy): You happened to be inside the crew area when the victims of Patient 0 were infected, assessing the indoors conditions of the research station for the proliferation of pathogens. Being a researcher in the field of environmental microbiology, you don’t go anywhere without your hazmat suit. The virus that spread from the canister did not affect you, but the mask also impaired your vision, so you could not see who else was around and became infected. However, as you witnessed the event and ran, Patient 0 caught you and has presented you with 2 options: either do their bidding, helping them in reaching their goal, whatever that is, or be killed. Right there and then – or later, if you break your word. So while you are healthy and mentally free and do not trigger any worrying results when investigated, you became their servant. You win if the infected (Mafia) wins. You may receive instructions from them which you may or may not obey.
*Undisclosed factor: Is released from the blackmail is Patient 0 is eliminated, and does not read last mail.

(3) Psycho Faction

You’re a team of individuals generally skeptical towards science. You have a beautiful friendship story: you’ve met online, bunched up and and radicalized together, and now you want to destroy the spearheads of human science on earth. You’ve named your organization “Crack Team” but a better name for you would be “Crank Syndrome”. You’ve picked CROWN as your first feat of arms, each one for their own reasons, and for doing that, you needed access to the station. Using TOR and other underground tactics, you’ve managed to forge your identities and qualifications in order to be accepted in the CROWN program and to be included in the next relief transport. No doubt you had to make sure they were good, for when the time might come when you might have to rely on their infallibility.

Since your purpose is to destroy CROWN but not getting killed in the process, you ended up riding the wave of the virus that’s got its grip on station. You win when you attain majority. You are not THE mafia, but you are organized and act like mafia. While you’re fanatical supporters of your ideas, you’re not cold blooded, professional killers. Taking another human being’s life with your own hands is not something you’re willing to do lightly. But if the situation demands it, each of you is prepared to do your part. Each one of you has 1 night time attack, and only one of you may carry out their attack in any given night, with a knife you have sneaked in. Moreover, since you’re ‘ethical’ killers who don’t harm “innocents”, you may only attack people that have already made a role claim, be it partial or complete.

Siderite - Anti-vaxxer: You’re a strong opponent of vaccination, believing that vaccines have all sorts of side effects affecting the health and livelihood of children. So naturally, researches into viruses and vaccines must be stopped, for the good of our children!

Nanaa - Conspiracy theories adept: You belive that the world is controlled by wealthy, occult organizations, and medical research like the one carried out at CROWN is is used for releasing into the wild engineered pathogens, aimed at reducing the world population. And you’re going to do something about it! And the first thing you did was sabotage the communications array so that nobody could tell the powers that be.

Blissie - Flat-earther: You’re not really into biology or any science field, for that matter. You took the opportunity and along because of the free ride to the North pole. While every other flat-earther believes that the “wall of ice” holding in the world oceans is in at the so-called South pole, you actually believe it’s the other way around, and the North is where the world ends, and you’re hell bent on proving this theory.

Daemon
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Daemon »

AWARDS

Moderator's award: @Noni

Relentless, focused, incessant and plenty other synonyms for describing only her involvement. There are too many sisters of hers around for comfort, so i won't go into much detail about her smarts and manipulation skills. She is the epitome of Survivor: Outwit, Outplay, Outlast. Hats off to you, Noni!

You guys have no idea as to the amount of night-time emails being exchanged by the Infected, and Noni was always scheming and plotting. Also, since every e-mail i receive from players as a moderator is totally public-domain once the game is over, i would just like to break my own rules and quote Noni, in relation to the last message that they had sent to Heffie in N5. It shows how fierce she is and how much she poured herself into this game.

"Too smart for my own good" Award: @Stringer
This guy. Practice stupid sometimes, mkay?

"I found out i have two sons at home. They seem nice." Award: @Princess.ruxi
Okay so she is a real MD so perhaps this game looked too much like work so she had trouble telling which one was the real world?

"Scarecrow" Award: @Clemens
Except for Gridfon, who comes in at a close 2nd, there hasn't been any name mentioned to me more frequently by Mafia or Dead players as the one guy that could win it for the Town - and what do you know, Mafia could not take him out at night. Lucky?!

"Why can't i save myself" Award: @Sander
This guy knew what he wanted, and that was to live longer than in his previous games. Bar that, he ended up calling Blissie out on his botch-up, saving Joesatri when he was attacked (but sadly rooms were switched) and Rene when his vote was blocked, effectively giving the Town a day to play and a game to win (even if the food poisoning 2-nights in a row thing did not exist).

"Old school" Award: @radwulf
That's what proper education means. Radwulf did what everyone should have done. You catch someone lying, you lynch them or die trying. I am not kidding, nor am i trying to forge proof for an unflinching, unwavering style i will use when playing scum.

Daemon
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Daemon »

NTAs

Night 1

-Mafia courteously decides to give everyone a chance to play at least 1 day of the long awaited game, so they do not use the hammer (Bombaclaat’s extra kill) in N1.
-The mafia decides that Mary, not having an NTA, would attack Pelasgi with the regular mafia attack, the “L” virus. Amazingly, they manage to attack exactly the player with immunity to viral attacks… The kill shortlist was: Pelasgi, Blissie, Behemoth.
-MrWaffles poison’s Joesatri’s food, removing his day vote [le] and giving him a warning :P.
-SilveXtru drugs Blissie but Blissie has no beans to spill.
-Zero doesn’t waste a day and goes in shooting. He switches rooms with Moxy. 2 switches left.
-Heffie is sent this message: "Prove your loyalty by attacking behemoth today."
-The Crack team takes its time to get used to the game, being that safe for Blissie, they’re new.
-Gridfon checks Stringer, finds no residual traces of infections.
-Joesatri checks Radwulf and sees him leaving his room.
-Moxy blocks Trigardon, who would have tried to saved Skuggi.
-Phox manipulates Noni into voting for Zero, but the virus mastermind is immune to it, so Noni pretends it worked and played along although she could have just ignored this NTA.
-Princess.ruxi checks Behemoth and finds no activity from her.
-Radwulf checks Adela which isn’t feverish.
-Stringer tries to protect Nanaa.
-Telvek checks Gridfon, which is a high-profile researcher.
-Valli checks Nanaa for infections and finds nonee.

Night 2

-Mafia is chatting and organizing like there’s no tomorrow. 150+ mails were exchanged. Emilly was absent for most of the night, but returned towards its and organized things in her unmistakable godfatherish style:
1. DAEMON, Zero WILL USE HIS SECOND MANDATORY ORDER ON JOESATRI
2. Our target Night 2 is Zero and I am going to kill him? We love you too zero 
3. Noni is going to check on behemoth
4. Mr.Waffles is targeting Noni
5. Silvextru is smoking with princessruxi
6. Bombaclaat is attacking Stringer
7. Our message for Heffie " PrincessRuxi is not you teammate, she is baddie and must be lynched if possible"
- Mafia’s shortlist was: Gridfon, Stringer, Joesatri, Princess.ruxi. Joesatri and Stringer picked the short straws.
-Zero’s just as trigger-happy as last night. He’s got this plan that a combo between his room-switching and an attack is needed to kill Joesatri. So how it works is that Zero switches rooms with Joesatri and then Emilly attacks Zero’s room, but kills its new occupant.
-Little did Zero know that Sander, again with an excellent eye, was going to defend Joesatri tonight and there would have been no kill without the room switch. Not only that, but Radwulf is checking Joesatri’s temperature as well tonight! He will find out its occupant as having a fever, but even if Joesatri was home, he would have gotten the same result since Joesatri came to CROWN down with the flu.
-Skuggi prefers to keep his cans blocking entry into rooms for when it’s no longer shooting blind. [le] He then changes his mind and blocks his own room door, at the suggestion of his mates, so he’s protected for investigations as a result of his implication in the whole Moxy thing in Day 1.
-Mafia hopes radwulf will get lynched after the Moxy showdown, and that EC doesn’t do anything heroic (like getting himself killed so that Mary goes too – although they noticed him placing her at the top of his list).
-Another plot involved MrWaffles vising Noni as sort of a decoy action, to give her the pretense of having her vote denied by mafia. Interestingly enough, Princess.ruxi catches him on the job, and even more interestingly, SilveXtru finds out about it! Let’s see what he reports back.
-Emilly attacks Zero’s room, who switches it with Joesatri’s.
-Bombaclaat attacks and kills Stringer with his hammer. Skuggi’s quote is used to list Stringer’s death :P.
-MrWaffles denies Noni’s vote (yes, infected get blocked too).
-Noni checks Behemoth which had no visitors.
-SilveXtru gets Princess.ruxi’s confession about something cooking between MrWaffles and Noni.
-Skuggi blocks his own room
-Zero switches rooms with Joesatri
-Heffie gets the message above.
-The Crack Team spent their night working on their fake role claims skills.
-Gridfon checks Radwulf, finds no traces of viruses yet (both Joesatri who had the flu and Noni who was infected, both players who visited him last night, had NTAs that explicitly meant not entering the rooms of their targets).
-Joesatri checks EC, who did not leave his room.
-Princess.ruxi catches MrWaffles visiting Noni. Will be interesting to see how this turns out, if Noni does get a get-out-of-jail-free card, and if MrWaffles gets the short end of the stick.
-Radwulf checks Joesatri and comes up with Zero’s fever.
-Sander saves Joesatri’s room occupant, which is Zero :P.
-Stringer protects Rene.
-Telvek checks Radwulf, which is Specialized Support personnel.
-Trigardon protects MrWaffles.
-Valli checks Gridfon, which has no infections.

...to be continued