Guilt is a numbers game.
Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

behemoth wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:34 am
Rene wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:23 am
Huh, things got out of hand really quick. I had to skip most of the posts, but blind lynching on the first day. Is this your first rodeo? I hope you do know who it serves.

Vote NO LYNCH
Blind lynching? Clearly you did skip most of the posts. What serves the town best is players reading the posts and making informed decisions about who to vote for. Not reading and a no lynch serves the mafia.
Have to agree with this alot

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

Moxy wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:36 am
And I would guess OG means originals(veterans) but I’m not to sure on that front
Correct.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

behemoth wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:34 am
Rene wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:23 am
Huh, things got out of hand really quick. I had to skip most of the posts, but blind lynching on the first day. Is this your first rodeo? I hope you do know who it serves.

Vote NO LYNCH
Blind lynching? Clearly you did skip most of the posts. What serves the town best is players reading the posts and making informed decisions about who to vote for. Not reading and a no lynch serves the mafia.
Okay my bad I wasn't keeping track with when day 1 was going to start or end. But yeah, I can see how fundamental the low/no/high activity arguments are. Those are definitely the clues that will tackle this puzzle for us. Not the night actions? Not the claims of them at least? Just good old first day blind lynch. Of course. And even defending it paints you in a bad light, I must add.

"Not reading and a no lynch serves the mafia."
No it doesn't, not on the first day at least. Thank you.

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

In my experience, "townies" who admit to, or get caught with practicing deceit in broad daylight are almost always scum. Your declaration is half-complete at best, Moxy, and offers the town almost nothing useful for establishing its validity. I expect a full disclosure of your abilities, nightly activity and knowledge (if any) so far.

I wouldn't worry about Pelasgi yet, the mod should take care of him if he ends the day without posting.

As for the hardly active/no-substance, or hardly active/scummy-substance posters, we could use the multi-lynch to our advantage and try to vote a bunch of them off in short order. I'm sure the scum density among them is higher than in the general population. For active mafia, we can use the standard interrogation and analysis techniques. For semi-actives, it will be very hard to get anything out of them.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

"I wouldn't worry about Pelasgi yet, the mod should take care of him if he ends the day without posting."

Maybe they can't put words out because of what transpired at night? Just food for thought. Another reason not to blind lynch a "possible" innocent person. But I must say radwulf, even if you're against us (and coated perfectly I must add), the approach you outlined does benefit us the most.

I second the motion for Moxy to reveal themselves and what they know about the past night.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

radwulf wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:44 am
wouldn't worry about Pelasgi yet, the mod should take care of him if he ends the day without posting.
Forgot this is not your game (was reading the rules to "Sparta" earlier). Different rules here, you're right.

unvote Pelasgi

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Yeah it’s half complete I’m trying to not give mafia as much information as possible. And that’s bullshit radwulf I wasn’t trying to practice deciet I was laying a trap as I explained. I wanted to see if anyone jump on the bandwagon. But of course I explained my actions I won’t go over it again what’s the point

And I’m sorry but what I revealed so far is all your going to get for now. My name should be enough for some townies. And that should stop me getting lynched hopefully.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

I’m sorry again daemon when I realised I couldn’t edit the post.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

vote Siderite

Could we have another poem from you, dear sir, now after all that's happened?

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Healers, blockers, night time abilities, townies... Ladies and gentlemen it's time you lot logged out of your Town of Salem accounts and focused your attention to the two very real murders and the possible outbreak of a deadly virus at our doorstep. As a fellow scientist nothing thrills and scares me as much as the unknown. And we know absolutely "nothing". How will the rotten apple(s?) in our facility proceed? How many of them are there? What can they do other than blatant murder? With two different methods, apparently. First one was a stabbing, and the other one was an infection. We don't even know if the latter was a seperate uncontrollable "accident". We can assume whoever did the stabbing was either lying down or otherwise unable to repeat the action. As for the infection, I'm afraid there's still a lot of distance to be covered.

But someone must have heard something, or must have seen something. It's fine if you aren't comfortable with sharing it right away. But when you gather your leads, make sure to write them down somewhere. Or record it in a video like your colleagues, so we can find them, even if the worst comes to the worst. And that is all I will say till the end of our first day, as belated as it is.

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

Folks, let's please kill Moxy now. His title declaration gives us almost nothing--we're all base personnel of some sort, including the mafia presumably; it's not one of those themes where the mafia have a different group identity. Stalling the action by refusing to give all his info is a standard scum tactic in his situation. In my experience, when you lynch a proven liar, 9 times out of 10 you lynch a scum.

Then we could move on to Siderite, who looks like a great scummy-semi-active lynch.

Adela
Reactions:

Post by Adela »

Hello again,

Sorry for being so quiet. As Behemoth said, I am a newbie to this game, and for sure I didn't think there will be so much talking :)
So being a little overwhelmed by all the information, I am trying to follow you guys.
For my vote I can say that at that moment, I just used my instincts.

Princess.ruxi
Reactions:

Post by Princess.ruxi »

Phew! What a way to start my morning! You guys have been active!!!
I enjoyed reading all the posts. Finally, i feel the game is moving forward!

Dear Moxy... can I just say I don't believe a word of what you're (inconsistently) saying?
You have been very aggressive from the beginning - aggressive towards other players for no reason (eg Nannaa), aggressive towards theories that were meant to get us thinking and to get us talking - then completely changing tactics and seemingly a very nice townie. It's an old active mafia tactic. Hey, I've even used it myself (in a game that seems like it was a lifetime ago), and got away with it!

I do believe you came up with a role to save yourself, but you didn't come up with a very good one. I also believe you are not revealing your NTA because you are mafia and have no idea what the townie NTA sound like. Maybe you will try to convince a townie to disclose their full role so that you can formulate an ability for yourself.
You are walking on very thin ice my friend.
Therefore I unvote: Bombaclaat (but keep my finger of suspicion twd him), and vote: Moxy
My vote may change if you manage to convince us. As for the mafia, just revealing your title - Security Chief - sounds interesting enough to make you a target tonight. Might as well come clean in full disclosure.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

1. I resent the implication that all heads of security are stupid and that all muscle leaves no room for brains:) Stereotypes are not welcome here.
2. As princessruxi mentioned, the constant change of tone is what i dislike most about your play moxy (besides the blatant lying)
3. I've just had a look at the list of players and no, there are not only a handful of people not contributing in any way whatsoever. THERE ARE QUITE A FEW. i forgot some were playing by now. I understand everyone has lives outside of this (i guess, if you must), some are even key workers and are saving actual real lives (mary and princessruxi that i know of:) but this game has been so long overdue so please people, get your priorities straight.

i will come back with a long list of suspicious characters so far and why.

until then, RENE you are slowly creeping towards the top my list to keep moxy some company (same change of tone type of posting, first you are smug asking people if this is their first rodeo just cause they don't think no lynch is an option, then you try to bring some reasoning and claim that some inactive people may be blocked from talking (which in itself is actually a valid point).
We shall see what the day brings and how i feel about all of this later.

In the meantime my vote remains on Zero.

Princess.ruxi
Reactions:

Post by Princess.ruxi »

Noni wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:07 am
until then, RENE you are slowly creeping towards the top my list to keep moxy some company (same change of tone type of posting, first you are smug asking people if this is their first rodeo just cause they don't think no lynch is an option, then you try to bring some reasoning and claim that some inactive people may be blocked from talking (which in itself is actually a valid point).
I don't think there's an ability that will block someone from speaking for an entire day, because we have this rule:
If you don't post for an entire game day, you're in danger of being eliminated or replaced
Why do you think is a valid point?

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Princess.ruxi wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:17 am
Noni wrote:
I don't think there's an ability that will block someone from speaking for an entire day, because we have this rule:
If you don't post for an entire game day, you're in danger of being eliminated or replaced
because i didn't properly read through the rules? and also because i was trying to imagine all crazy nta's daemon may have put in this game and got carried away.
sorry rene, no valid points then.

SilveXtru
Reactions:

Post by SilveXtru »

unvote pelasgi
Just to add a little pressure: vote Moxy

Now is your chance to give us your "complete" description cause what you provided to us by now is insufficient and I don't buy that.
Brute strength and stupidity ? You have to be kidding me. Who heard about having a stupidity ability and saying they played poorly ?

Moxy if you truly are a townie now is the time to speak otherwise you won't see the second day.

Siderite
Reactions:

Post by Siderite »

EscapedConvict wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:27 am
vote Siderite

Could we have another poem from you, dear sir, now after all that's happened?
But nothing did happen. I was expecting something else from all of this. I have to say I am disappointed. All this talking and finger pointing. I fear the onset of a murderous campaign, I fear the palpitations caused by too much tea.

I guess getting put in cryo is better than getting killed, so vote me off. I am done.

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

Noni wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:05 pm
So here it is from the horse's mouth : yes we know each other from the olden times when we were young and beautiful. Make more sense to you now?
I would like to think I still am both young and beautiful thank you very much.
Sander wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:36 pm
And zero, I'm very sorry that you believe that. While at the same time, you don't seem to have any problem with someone calling for a role declaration. Thus, for what you make implicitly out of something - that has not been said - is worth your vote. But when someone asks explicitly for it, you don't care. Care to elaborate on that?
Sander, you are now going into straw man territory. Suspicions in mafia are predominantly based on implicit behavior rather than explicit, as I am sure you well know. In contrast with EC, I tend to look for the worst in people, this game does that to you. Anyway, as I said before, there are far more suspicious characters to deal with at the moment although I am keeping a close eye on you.

Moxy, you might as well give us the full picture of your role, otherwise you will be lynched anyway. Your chances of surviving today all hang in giving a proper account of yourself and what you did last night and what your abilities are.

Mary wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:24 pm
That's funny zero, cause it's exactly how I remember your posting style from the old games :lol:
It takes one to know one, hence why I genuinely do feel for him on a personal level and think some of his clumsiness is due to his eagerness to play well. Let's be honest, he is far more active and contributes more to the game than a lot of other players. If we decide to believe Moxy once he comes forward with more details, we should try and lynch some of the inactive ones. As radwulf says, they really do not help us at all and chances are we might even find mafia scums among them.

We should lynch someone either way, it will allow us to draw a line between some of us and help us set some boundaries on possible mob factions.

Princess.ruxi
Reactions:

Post by Princess.ruxi »

Siderite wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:02 am
But nothing did happen. I was expecting something else from all of this. I have to say I am disappointed. All this talking and finger pointing. I fear the onset of a murderous campaign, I fear the palpitations caused by too much tea.

I guess getting put in cryo is better than getting killed, so vote me off. I am done.
So what exactly were you expecting? Please be more explicit.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

valli wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:58 pm
Hmm ... besides Moxy and raduwulf having their big theatralic discussion on day 1, which I appreciate, as it brings at least some action; they are more people which should contribute something here. A lot of them are quiet, Skuggi for example never responded to my vote on him and vanished into silence again. Stringer, pelasgi also no single comment here yet?
and what have you contributed with ? other than a vote for skuggi early on.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Telvek wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:10 pm
Hello!
The first days are so confusing, so I have no Idea about anyone.
But keep talking so we can find you who collaborates with who etc.

I just want you to know I'm alive and active :D
care to be more alive and active?:)

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

Noni wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:42 am
valli wrote:
Hmm ... besides Moxy and raduwulf having their big theatralic discussion on day 1, which I appreciate, as it brings at least some action; they are more people which should contribute something here. A lot of them are quiet, Skuggi for example never responded to my vote on him and vanished into silence again. Stringer, pelasgi also no single comment here yet?
Actually for now I have not contributed that much, besides pointing out people which are not at all participating. I have to do a check on Moxy's role declaration and have to recap his discussions, I find it very irritating to see a role declaration on the first day already ...

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

valli wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:54 am
Noni wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:42 am
valli wrote:
Actually for now I have not contributed that much, besides pointing out people which are not at all participating. I have to do a check on Moxy's role declaration and have to recap his discussions, I find it very irritating to see a role declaration on the first day already ...
looking forward to your contribution then. moxy's role declaration (due to popular demand) was inevitable considering his erratic way of playing and contradictions he has made

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Moxy wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:17 am
I know you are right Mary I thought you might be in a different time zone and you were saying that you only had 30 minute lunch break I messed up again. Sigh I’m sorry I screwed up guess not having played this game in a while I was just very over eager and got caught up and the mafia has pounced on it.

i think you meant phox. easy to make the confusion, they are after all related. :)
just to bring some context - phox is playing for the first time on a forum and taking ages to write a post it totally in her character i can vouch for that. especially when it's her first post:) i would not read too much into that.

Skuggi
Reactions:

Post by Skuggi »

I can't help but worry that we are getting ahead of ourselves if we lynch Moxy. On the one hand he's behaved erratically, and contradicted himself. On the other hand he's been very active, and started discussions with at least some substance. It does feel like something an overzealous townie might do, rather than a mafioso. You'd have to be very cocky as mafia to call so much attention to yourself on the first day, right?

Sander
Reactions:

Post by Sander »

Zero, it's when the explicitly is there, you do nothing. That is what bothers me.

So Moxy, you know what to do. I will add a vote on you if you don't come clean today.

May I do add at this point that this whole role declaration was first brought up by Radwulf concerning Escaped Convict. It wasn't until Daemon interfered with rules that Behemoth jumped on Moxy for his role. And moreover, Behemoth himself has not yet voted on Moxy. At the time being, he even had a vote going on Escaped Convict.

What strikes me ever more about behemoth is what he does post.

Here he finds the need to give a shield to Adela.
behemoth wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:08 am
One last note about Adela - she is completely new to the game and might be feeling slightly overwhelmed. Still doesn't get her off the hook, but if we were to vote based on non-participation then I'd pick an inactive player who at least knew what they signed up for.
And surprise, surprise. She uses exactly that
Adela wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:35 am
Hello again,
Sorry for being so quiet. As Behemoth said, I am a newbie to this game, and for sure I didn't think there will be so much talking :)
So being a little overwhelmed by all the information, I am trying to follow you guys.
For my vote I can say that at that moment, I just used my instincts.
Isn’t NTA like basic knowledge. Behemoth claims to be not new.
behemoth wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:30 am
Can we please tone it down with the acronyms everyone:) I played before and have no clue what NTA and OG are, and I can only imagine what it's like to be in the shoes of a new player.

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

Sander wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:45 am
Zero, it's when the explicitly is there, you do nothing. That is what bothers me.
Can you elaborate please? I fail to understand what you are referring to and which explicit behavior I chose to ignore.

Stringer
Reactions:

Post by Stringer »

Sander wrote:
Isn’t NTA like basic knowledge. Behemoth claims to be not new.
behemoth wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:30 am
Can we please tone it down with the acronyms everyone:) I played before and have no clue what NTA and OG are, and I can only imagine what it's like to be in the shoes of a new player.
The NTA acronym is explained explicitly in the "A more hands-down view of game mechanics & and a rule set" thread.
I am playing mafia for the first time in my life, yet I do know what it is simply because I can read.

So statements like "have no clue what NTA is" (behemoth) indeed look very suspicious.
And so does a random vote on page one without reasoning from someone who claims to be completely new (Adela) ... unless that wasn't actually the first message from Adela, but we didn't see previous ones because they were sent at night.

Add to that the fact that behemoth jumped to defend Adela the moment someone gave a slight accusation (for Adela only making one post and then disappearing), then Adela immediately using that excuse... I think we need to take a closer at what behemoth have said so far. And what others said about him.

edited for typos.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Fine fine whatever

So my full role is security chief the role description basically says I’m all Muscle and not very smart so dont hold that against me silverxtrue. It’s just my role. But that would be something mafia would do wouldn’t it.

My NTA is that I can send a message to other people at night. And they can reply if they so wish.

I used my first night to send skuggi the message were all in this together and if you look back at the posts I actually dropped that sentence in a previous post here trying to clue skuggi in that I sent the message
Moxy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:52 pm
I can’t believe people are using thE fact that I dont believe you can turn townies into mafia as an excuse to lynch me and that not contradicting my self I never stop believing that. but hey at least the townies can see when they do lynch me what the mafia is doing.

So when ImGone cause I’m sure the mafia will make sure I’m lynch on the first day of mafia we’ll done, I just ask townies to remember this.

We’re all in this together
I’m also the townie blocker I blocked Trigardon and hey no kill, also he’s been hiding in the shadows. So yeah this is why I was reluctant to show my full role.

A townie blocker huge important role

B I didn’t want the mafia to know that there is other roles other than scientists.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Skuggi wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:28 am
I can't help but worry that we are getting ahead of ourselves if we lynch Moxy. On the one hand he's behaved erratically, and contradicted himself. On the other hand he's been very active, and started discussions with at least some substance. It does feel like something an overzealous townie might do, rather than a mafioso. You'd have to be very cocky as mafia to call so much attention to yourself on the first day, right?
add to this the latest reveal from moxy - are you backing that up ?

Skuggi
Reactions:

Post by Skuggi »

Moxy wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:55 am
My NTA is that I can send a message to other people at night. And they can reply if they so wish.

I used my first night to send skuggi the message were all in this together and if you look back at the posts I actually dropped that sentence in a previous post here trying to clue skuggi in that I sent the message
I can confirm that I received an anonymous message saying we're all in this together. I didn't know I could reply. I also completely missed the hint in your post - sorry about that. There have been a lot of posts to catch up on. This definitely sounds legit to me, and it sounds like a townie ability.

What I find slightly odd is that you have two very different NTAs. Could you explain how your blocking role works?

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

It just stays I can stop someone leaving their room

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

Ad Moxy)
So Moxy you have two NTAs actually, that's a new thing as well for me. Otherwise your behaviour so far his hard to grasp, your strategic twist so far ... how shall I say ... it felt very odd. I see that Skuggi confirmed the part with the message, at least that part is true. You as well posted that sentence before and it irritated me as it seemed to stand out and felt somehow misplaced in that short post.

You leave me behind with mixed feelings, but for now I am not confident enought to put my vote on you.

Ad Noni)
I fully aggree with your statement from above (post #164) that we should focus more on people which show no activity. You mentioned that you will come up with a list of suspects. I would suggest, that we then quickly discuss the list and focus on one target. Townies that do not talk and do not contribute are by all means not helping or want to hide something. Exactly that happened (if I do not remember wrong) in the last game I played online.

Ad behemoth / Adela
I have to go through all the posts again as my last round was focusing on Moxy. However reading just the messages on page 4 concerning the both of you makes me unrelaxed.

Ad skuggi
Cleaning up my vote. UNVOTE Skuggi

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

valli wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:26 am

Ad Noni)
I fully aggree with your statement from above (post #164) that we should focus more on people which show no activity. You mentioned that you will come up with a list of suspects. I would suggest, that we then quickly discuss the list and focus on one target. Townies that do not talk and do not contribute are by all means not helping or want to hide something. Exactly that happened (if I do not remember wrong) in the last game I played online.

Valli - my target is already set from early on in the game and my vote will stand.

I started going through the list of players from the bottom to the top hence me calling a couple of you out earlier. i'm giving people a chance to explain their lack of contribution and remedy that if they can before i decide on my vote for tomorrow. *fingers crossed i am still here*

don't worry - my posts will keep coming

Sander
Reactions:

Post by Sander »

I’m talking about this.
zero wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:21 am
Sander wrote:
Can you elaborate please? I fail to understand what you are referring to and which explicit behavior I chose to ignore.
Escaped convict had three votes at the time. He got one early game as a random vote from Bombaclaat. Wake up post 14. Escaped hadn’t posted or wasn’t name at that time at all.

Radwulf himself voted against him, and right before he wants to know his role, Behemoth voted also against him. 3 votes, early game, in a match with no intel, he asks for a role. It’s radwulf that wants to immediately know what he does. But for some reason, you find it acceptable of radwulf.
radwulf wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:36 am
EscapedConvict wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:02 pm
I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt at this point.
Personally, I'd like a role claim from you at this point, should you gather the required votes for it.
In addition, I dislike Behemoth his behavior. Behemoth jumped onto Moxy his role declaration right after Daemon interfered with rules. Radwulf had not asked for Moxy his role at that time. He asked for Escaped Convict’s. Behemoth seems to be eager to bandwagon on anyone.

Also.
Skuggi wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:19 am
Moxy wrote:
This definitely sounds legit to me, and it sounds like a townie ability.
If anything, I’d think a traitor is in need of such an ability. And killing a traitor is as good as killing a mafia. So unless Moxy or someone else can convince me why I'm seeing that ability wrong, I'll rest my vote. Vote Moxy

Princess.ruxi
Reactions:

Post by Princess.ruxi »

Moxy wrote:
Fine fine whatever

So my full role is security chief the role description basically says I’m all Muscle and not very smart so dont hold that against me silverxtrue. It’s just my role. But that would be something mafia would do wouldn’t it.

Moxy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:52 pm
I can’t believe people are using thE fact that I dont believe you can turn townies into mafia as an excuse to lynch me and that not contradicting my self I never stop believing that. but hey at least the townies can see when they do lynch me what the mafia is doing.

So when ImGone cause I’m sure the mafia will make sure I’m lynch on the first day of mafia we’ll done, I just ask townies to remember this.

We’re all in this together
I’m also the townie blocker I blocked Trigardon and hey no kill, also he’s been hiding in the shadows. So yeah this is why I was reluctant to show my full role.

A townie blocker huge important role

B I didn’t want the mafia to know that there is other roles other than scientists.
Two NTAs for one single person??? I find it hard to believe. Plus I can't wrap my head around the message sending abilities. One of the rules of the game is that mafia is able to communicate at night, but the townies don't. Therefore... My vote remains for now.

Princess.ruxi
Reactions:

Post by Princess.ruxi »

Oh, and one more thing bothering me about your role claim Moxy.
Having such an important role, why would you expose yourself like that on day one? Who's to favor from all this?

Sander
Reactions:

Post by Sander »

So 28 players.
10 votes for a deadline Lynch, 15 for an instant Lynch.
It's 7 votes for Moxy at the moment. (Unless I missed a vote)

joesatri
Reactions:

Post by joesatri »

Ok.. having gone through almost 200 messages again.. and seeing the Moxy drama unfold rather.. unexpectedly.. here are my 2 (or more) cents:

1. post#121, Noni caught Moxi in a lie - good job Noni.
2. Moxi claimed "Security Chief", can send messages (and get replies?), can block people from leaving the room.
3. Moxi sent a message to Skuggi (and also sent a hint in the begining) - confirmed
4. Moxi claims he blocked Trigardon.

Now... point #3, this does NOT get Skuggi in the clear... he just.. received the message, and confirmed it.

On the other hand.. Trigardon only has 3 posts in this game. Before it, he was EAGER for the game to start. (there's a post of his where he says: can't wait for this to start!).
In these 3 posts in the game, he:

- starts by saying: NO LYNCH, in post #26.. day barely started..
Trigardon wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:05 am
Vote NO LYNCH
- votes for Moxy, saying "i don't believe your silly Mafia tricks!"
Trigardon wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:09 pm
UNVOTE No Lynch
VOTE Moxy

Ye ye act like you're lynching me for the sake of the good people. I don't believe your silly Mafia tricks!
- calls Moxy a "filthy Mafia spy"
Trigardon wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:30 pm
Moxy wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:24 pm
^^
Whatever dude. So I vote for you and you just vote back rather than explain why you think no lynch is the better idea...
Sure not suspicious at all
Lining up a hundred of people who might be guilty of anything and just shooting one randomly just didn't seem like a good idea to me at first, you filthy Mafia spy! :D
And that's about it.

Sure enough, Moxy's playing kinda asks for a lynch, but that was.. before the role claim / confirmation by Skuggi.

At the time of this post, Moxy's got 7 votes.

Unfortunately, i don't have a vote today, but I would like to know more about Trigardon.
Can somebody help with with some votes..?

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Noni wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:21 am
Princess.ruxi wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:17 am
Noni wrote:
because i didn't properly read through the rules? and also because i was trying to imagine all crazy nta's daemon may have put in this game and got carried away.
sorry rene, no valid points then.
This isn't a confirmation though, is it? Being in danger is by no means equivalent of imminent removal. Sounds more like there's room for "exceptions".

Anyways my tone hasn't shifted much if you look at it. I still standby my words and I think despite how suspicious Moxy acts (It does make it really hard), voting on first day still is the biggest gamble innocent people can take. I'm not the only one to say that either (Joestri: "Mary Mary... Forfeited so early in the game ?? This is the day when it's MOST LIKELY to lynch an inoncent person. We have so little to go on, that the odds are not in our favor..."), how can I be? But recency bias puts that role on my shoulders.

And about Moxy? What if he "WANTS" you to lynch them so whatever their ability is comes online? Like a jester that wants to be lynched so they can win on their own independent terms perhaps? Maybe you're all falling too fast for that bait. Rejecting role claims and information prior to this also puts them more under scrutiny. It's just a little too suspicious for my taste. BUT they now have a claim AND an alibi, who is either also a partner in crime or a fullblown testimony of innocence. It changes everything for Moxy. So my vote will not change from NO LYNCH.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Princess.ruxi wrote: You are walking on very thin ice my friend.
Therefore I unvote: Bombaclaat (but keep my finger of suspicion twd him), and vote: Moxy
My vote may change if you manage to convince us. As for the mafia, just revealing your title - Security Chief - sounds interesting enough to make you a target tonight. Might as well come clean in full disclosure.
Princess.ruxi wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:51 am
Having such an important role, why would you expose yourself like that on day one? Who's to favor from all this?
You did you posted that what I had revealed so far wasn’t enough and you expected a full role claim among other with other players and now I’ve done so you ask why I’ve done because you asked me too. You specifically. I hinted I had an important role and didn’t want to reveal everything but nope that wasn’t good enough for you then. So why contradict yourself now saying I shouldn’t of revealed it when I said when I first posted the first half of my role. You were one of the main people pushing for it. Don’t act like you weren’t now that’s it’s revealed that am I actually townie.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Actually, you know what the more I think over this, the worse I feel for eating my own words. But Joesatri makes *excellent* points. It'd be a complete waste to pass on that logic.

Vote Trigardon, solely to get Joesatri's efforts come to fruition.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Let’s not forget that I did block Trig last night and there was a no kill...

Princess.ruxi
Reactions:

Post by Princess.ruxi »

Moxy wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:11 am
Princess.ruxi wrote: You are walking on very thin ice my friend.
Princess.ruxi wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:51 am
You did you posted that what I had revealed so far wasn’t enough and you expected a full role claim among other with other players and now I’ve done so you ask why I’ve done because you asked me too. You specifically. I hinted I had an important role and didn’t want to reveal everything but nope that wasn’t good enough for you then. So why contradict yourself now saying I shouldn’t of revealed it when I said when I first posted the first half of my role. You were one of the main people pushing for it. Don’t act like you weren’t now that’s it’s revealed that am I actually townie.
I meant your previous behavior, up to that point! You put yourself on the spot with your behavior to the point where you had no choice but to come clean and disclose everything.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

True

Luke I said I made a mistake and paid for it. I wanted to create drama see who jumped on the bandwagon. I pushed it to far I get that and I’ve already apologised to the townies. I played poorly all I can do is say sorry.

Stringer
Reactions:

Post by Stringer »

About Moxy, one could guess that Skuggi is covering for Moxy and that they are both mafia if not for that "We're all in this together" sentence that really stood out of place in his earlier post.
I don't think Moxy is clever enough to prepare such a fallback spot beforehand as mafia. Sorry Mox :P
So I think it's safe to conclude Moxy indeed has declared powers....

50%, that's how sure I was Moxy was mafia before that role declaration, with all those posts. Now, seeing how important the role could be, I think there is a 50% chance of Moxy dying next night, unless the healer protects him or something similar happens.

Question, however, to all the mafia vets, can someone have these powers AND still be mafia at the same time? Or should they be reserved to townys?

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

In my own defense, it's no longer a random lynch. There's a claim, there's a hint of innocence and there's a strong indication for suspicion. Not just off words and activity behavior, but also through role claims. Trigardon should step up and share his claim with us, or be put in a spot where he has to.

I encourage Moxy voters to unvote for now, as well. Because a.)they're innocent with the role they claim, b.)they're lying obviously about everything c.)this is a bit sinister but their ability is the same and they're one of the bad guys, which isn't completely off the premise (As Stinger asks), but something to keep in mind indeed. BUT because we've a claim, we can ask them for specific actions if we need confirmation further and Moxy seems cooperative. The thing about lying when you do it really early on, it makes you really easy to read and we'll have a lot of time and possible future contradictions to tackle that one.

Change your vote to Trigardon, pretty please.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Stringer wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:40 am
About Moxy, one could guess that Skuggi is covering for Moxy and that they are both mafia if not for that "We're all in this together" sentence that really stood out of place in his earlier post.
I don't think Moxy is clever enough to prepare such a fallback spot beforehand as mafia. Sorry Mox :P
So I think it's safe to conclude Moxy indeed has declared powers....

50%, that's how sure I was Moxy was mafia before that role declaration, with all those posts. Now, seeing how important the role could be, I think there is a 50% chance of Moxy dying next night, unless the healer protects him or something similar happens.

Question, however, to all the mafia vets, can someone have these powers AND still be mafia at the same time? Or should they be reserved to townys?
i would bet on the fact that mafia have some NTAs too. it's complex game it wouldn't just be your classic roles.

Skuggi
Reactions:

Post by Skuggi »

Sander wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:44 am
Skuggi wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:19 am
Moxy wrote:
This definitely sounds legit to me, and it sounds like a townie ability.
If anything, I’d think a traitor is in need of such an ability. And killing a traitor is as good as killing a mafia. So unless Moxy or someone else can convince me why I'm seeing that ability wrong, I'll rest my vote. Vote Moxy
I have only played mafia a couple of times before, and I saw this NTA once - on the townie side. I suppose it could be useful to traitors or even mafia to mess with people. But it seems to make the most sense for townies to send messages without the mafia noticing. I might be wrong obviously.

I do think Moxy has done everything he can to exonerate himself, by declaring his role and how he used it - and I can confirm at least half of it is true. And as I mentioned before, he's been active and cooperative.

I too would be interested in hearing more from Trigardon, so:

Unvote: Rene
Vote: Trigardon