Mafia 1 - The CROWN - GAME OVER!

Guilt is a numbers game.
Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

Emilly wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:43 pm
@valli , I have no problem telling you my role ... after you 😉.
Anyway, before nightfall, I'll tell you exactly what I know, if I die at night.
valli wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:45 pm
Don't worry I have as well no problem declaring my role, once it is time for it :D
We have given Mafia more than enough roles to study already.
Why is everyone so eager to expose themselves? :roll:
EscapedConvict wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:41 pm
Did we lynch a townie or a baddie?
I really don't know.
You'd think conspiracy-theorists are anti-scientists, so they're not allies.
But if they've "infiltrated" here to see what's going on, they don't fit the homicidal Mafia part.
More so assuming that "Infected Gardner" has a distinct role name.
Then there is Nanaa with a similar role as blissie.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

EscapedConvict wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:41 pm
Vote Siderite

I'm open to withdraw my vote if someone brings convincing arguments.

@blissie sounds like some nut job (phyco) that would kill with a hammer. Me against the world type of thing.

But also not discounting a vigilante pro town role since it did not say infected.

We need more people to weight in on the details Daemon gave.

Did we lynch a townie or a baddie?
I am asking myself the same thing, was blissie bad or good?
Well I get why he didn't wanna tell us anything about his role, sounds made up to me and completely unrelated to the game...maybe Nanna's role isn't that crazy either now that I see what odd roles Daemon came up with .

Princess.ruxi
Reactions:

Post by Princess.ruxi »

Let's postpone other role declarations until after we deal with the remaining suspects.

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

I would like to figure out these conspiracy theorists a little before lynching the next target.
These are some very strange roles to have.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

I guess our little poet will have to start explaining himself soon (hopefully in a coherent way) vote Siderite

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

@Clemens flat Earther should've been a role for you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

valli wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:51 pm
Could you imagine me, of all people, trying to defend that role? :D

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

@Nanaa you did not vote for blissie. did you know anything about him did you two have any connection?

Princess.ruxi
Reactions:

Post by Princess.ruxi »

phox wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:48 pm
Well I get why he didn't wanna tell us anything about his role, sounds made up to me and completely unrelated to the game...maybe Nanna's role isn't that crazy either now that I see what odd roles Daemon came up with .
Third party? Flat earther, conspiracy theorist etc. Maybe the ones killing using a hammer / knife?

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

Clemens wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:52 pm
valli wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:51 pm
Could you imagine me, of all people, trying to defend that role? :D
It would have been for sure an interesting game ... and memorable moment when you would've gone for the declaration.

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

Princess.ruxi wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:53 pm
Third party? Flat earther, conspiracy theorist etc. Maybe the ones killing using a hammer / knife?
Maybe. But they seem rather harmless (if we take real world influence), which has me concerned that they are the Mason-group (and those are usually townies).

The hammer perhaps, but the knife (from the intro) was deliberate to keep information from leaking out - the opposite of what a conspiracy theorist would want.

The hammer's death clues imply maintenance, though.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Princess.ruxi wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:53 pm
phox wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:48 pm
guess we will find out after tonight, cause, as you said the hammer-murder-type happens every other night.

Emilly
Reactions:

Post by Emilly »

I wonder if these conspiracy theorists knew each other, maybe they were texting who to vote for. We'll see tomorrow if such messages appear again.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

I agree that flat earther sounds like he wasn't right in the head. I'm thinking it's a small faction of psychos and he was the leader? Seeing as Siderite was so eager to follow his vote.vote Siderite
Finally we are not drawing the short end of the stick for once

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

Noni wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:01 pm
I'm thinking it's a small faction of psychos and he was the leader?
Perhaps, but what clues are there to suggest this?

Everyone is moving on awfully quick instead of taking a closer look at the death-clues - one of the few weapons that townies have available.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

wow we are moving a bit fast, the town is feeling "lynchy" today or we just don't have patience anymore for riddles n stuff.
7 votes on Siderite by: Ruxi, Valli, Behemoth, EC, Emily, Phox, Noni

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

I agree that flat earther sounds like he wasn't right in the head. I'm thinking it's a small faction of psychos and he was the leader? Seeing as Siderite was so eager to follow his vote.vote Siderite
Finally we are not drawing the short end of the stick for once

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

Clemens wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:03 pm
Noni wrote:

Everyone is moving on awfully quick instead of taking a closer look at the death-clues - one of the few weapons that townies have available.
We are doing that as we speak, just need to do it in a more rushed manner with the time constraints we have

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

For example, this.
Daemon wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:51 pm
“Science is not for everyone. There’s the Hollow Earth idiots and then there’s the rest of the world idiots that believe the Earth is round. We have what it takes to set things straight and free the world from the grasp of falsehood and rid the world of the places of peril that spread this disease.
The question is if this is meant violently or by exposing "the truth" to the masses?

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

There is no way flat earthers are pro town. I mean, in Siderite case it's like he's purposely tried to keep in character and play a erratically.

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

Noni wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:08 pm
There is no way flat earthers are pro town.
Then elaborate a little more, give us some substance.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Clemens wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:03 pm
Noni wrote:

True, I will unvote siderite later if anything escalates too fast. Regarding the flat earther he either is a psycho or a townie that has a filler role, but of all fillers why a flat earther? At least daemon was hinting a little that the nurse and the security guys were good. In this text I don''t see any hints about the positive impact this role could have.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Clemens wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:07 pm
For example, this.
Daemon wrote:
“Science is not for everyone. There’s the Hollow Earth idiots and then there’s the rest of the world idiots that believe the Earth is round. We have what it takes to set things straight and free the world from the grasp of falsehood and rid the world of the places of peril that spread this disease.
The question is if this is meant violently or by exposing "the truth" to the masses?
Yeah that sounds almost terrorist. Fighting for their cause, trying to rid the world of the places of peril that spread this disease. Crown is the place of peril in this scenario

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

I have to admit @blissie sounds like a vigilante role to me more and more.
Trying to make things right on his own.

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

As a sidenote, what I realised is that our security guards are really their for nothing if we get flat earthers, and conspiracy theorists in ... come on @Moxy you should've done really better ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

@Siderite speak up

We need more input!

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

I wish I had more substance clemens but I only have what you guys have : the story from daemon.

As I'm the last one to have voted for Siderite I can withdraw the vote is you'd like.
I am going along based on the previous discussions and the story from Blissie's death along with Siderite's way of playing

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

I doubt Siderite will offer anything of value, but the count has risen too quickly too soon.
I am just asking that we spend some actual thought and discussion on this third party (and the related death clues so far), before we reduce our numbers some more.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

Lynching @Mary or @EscapedConvict next might be our best option atm.

Not sure I'm going to wait until tomorrow to vote myself again.

I'll wait couple of more hours and see what happens then I'll decide

Unvote Siderite for now

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

just to mention, let us not forget @Telvek ...

Princess.ruxi
Reactions:

Post by Princess.ruxi »

EscapedConvict wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:20 pm
Lynching @Mary or @EscapedConvict next might be our best option atm.

Not sure I'm going to wait until tomorrow to vote myself again.

I'll wait couple of more hours and see what happens then I'll decide

Unvote Siderite for now
You promised tomorrow. So did we.
I think we can give Siderite a few hours to come up with a role. It will be fun.
I'm off to bed. You kids play nice.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

We have what it takes to set things straight and free the world from the grasp of falsehood and rid the world of the places of peril that spread this disease. Literally! Eventually, another martyr like myself will prove that it was all a lie, and true science will prevail!”

Ok so what this makes me think about is the following( it's probably obvious but I'll say it anyway)

1. "we" and "another martyr" implies there is another loco person with blissie (?)
2. if the flat earther says he wants to free "the world from falsehood" and claims that generallly accepted and proven science is FALSE, he probably has an agenda to kill our scientists, that are the contesting their so called "true science" and are actually making advances in science, developing vaccines, modifying viruses genetically, stuff like that, stuff that flat earthers might consider "false" and "a spread of " information they do not agree with.
3. "True science" probably is the opposite of the research of CROWN in the flat earther's vision

I feel like I am in highschool all over again, doing interpretational essays :))))

Heffie
Reactions:

Post by Heffie »

Gah! You guys posted so much while I was at work! By the time I caught up and wrote my post, Daemon had locked it up and blissie was dead.
Noni wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:10 pm
Clemens wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:07 pm
For example, this.
Daemon wrote:
Yeah that sounds almost terrorist. Fighting for their cause, trying to rid the world of the places of peril that spread this disease. Crown is the place of peril in this scenario
I would agree, if there are a few of these psychos, my guess.is that @Siderite and @Nanaa are involved.

Let's get things moving. I'd like to get to @Nanaa . vote:siderite

"I've had this unusual immune system before this entire ordreal, albeit with side-effects" @Clemens what are these side effects you've mentioned?

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

Telveks posts as follows:
Telvek wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:10 pm
Hello!
The first days are so confusing, so I have no Idea about anyone.
But keep talking so we can find you who collaborates with who etc.

I just want you to know I'm alive and active :D
Here he emphasizes on being alive and active ...
Telvek wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:24 pm
MrWaffles wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:16 pm
Trigardon wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:05 am
Vote NO LYNCH
Hi guys,

I've been following the posts so far and I kind of agree with Trigardon's original vote. If we do a random lynch today, we have 2/3 chance of killing someone innocent and only 1/3 chance of getting a mafia guy. Without any real info to go on, I'm worried that it makes us lose the game faster (if you are part of the town). Also, I would feel a bit bad if I helped lynch someone innocent.

I'm not decided, but I would prefer not to cast a lynch vote today. Is there any reason I should reconsider?

-Amit
NO LYNCH
I agree with this statement.

Of course Mafia gets a free night if we decide to lynch nobody but Imho, the chance of killing an innocent guy is too high.
I would like to wait for the first victim and then investigate with whom the victim worked together in chat.
Here mentions that we wants to investigate with us once a victims are dead, he just never did that ...
Telvek wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:48 pm
Just wanna clarify this guys:
valli wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:14 pm

add Telvek
Have you even read through all the posts and what has happened. We have even a strange role declaration, we have people pushing others, people being silent allthough they are heavily accused and you just make a very short statement ... that you aggree with the No Lynch statement of MrWaffles. That's it? Comeo on! My gut feeling tells me that you just wanted to look active ... for me this smells like mafia tactics.
Mary wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:47 pm
@pelasgi and Telvek - you're both either playing the 'lay low and hope no one takes much notice' card or you genuinely don't care about helping the town. Oh wait, both of those things are synonymous with mafia behaviour.

So yes, I try to be active and to read all the statements, theres just the fact that I am part of the essential workers, so I do still have my 8 hours the day to work ( next to a personal life lol).
And the fact, that since my post yesterday 8:30 pm about 100 messages more have been added simply shows how much is going here right now.
And well, I am not one of the guys that already have a few dozen replies in this forum and this also wont happen, simply due to the fact that I dont want to respond to everything immediately.

If this should make me suspicious for you, feel free to Vote for me :P
I just think that its a kind of dumb idea to lynch a rather silent semi-active member on the first day, whereas there are several players that have already multiple votes for their death :)
No substance in this post as well ... so he is silent for the whole day 2. NOT A SINGLE POST and then day 3 comes as follows ...
Telvek wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:04 am
Hello :)

I guess I am going to vote noni.
You're somehow suspiciously overactive and very aggressive in-game.

I am just curious about your identity, cause you collaborate with many players, at the same time there are some that disagree with your opinions.
I just think that your death would explain a lot :D
No hard feelings
Here pushing with no good explanation for noni but nothing more. And then the so far last post ...
Telvek wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:28 pm
phox wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:17 pm
@Telvek are you just gonna vote for @Noni without a logical reason and then disappear for the rest of the day?
Is this a lame attempt to contribute to the game? Seems like you just wanna avoid being kicked out of the game for not posting, while you do your sneaky evil business during the night.
Well Phox, and for it seems you are desperately trying to defend Noni. Is there maybe a special reason? Perhaps you are both infected :P
Now going for phox.

To sum it up, there is no real substance in any of his posts. Contradicting himself twice he is not active and if you ask me he is not at all interessted in doing a investigation of anything, at least not with us together.

Updated: Added missing first line ...

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

phox wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:30 pm
We have what it takes to set things straight and free the world from the grasp of falsehood and rid the world of the places of peril that spread this disease. Literally! Eventually, another martyr like myself will prove that it was all a lie, and true science will prevail!”

Ok so what this makes me think about is the following( it's probably obvious but I'll say it anyway)

1. "we" and "another martyr" implies there is another loco person with blissie (?)
2. if the flat earther says he wants to free "the world from falsehood" and claims that generallly accepted and proven science is FALSE, he probably has an agenda to kill our scientists, that are the contesting their so called "true science" and are actually making advances in science, developing vaccines, modifying viruses genetically, stuff like that, stuff that flat earthers might consider "false" and "a spread of " information they do not agree with.
3. "True science" probably is the opposite of the research of CROWN in the flat earther's vision

I feel like I am in highschool all over again, doing interpretational essays :))))
how will they literally rid the world of this place? i can only imagine the worst here:)

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

@Heffie clemens claims it's an elevated temperature

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

phox wrote:

Yeah, just that maybe I would call them something else, no Flat earthers, something more aggressive as it were ...

But I see your point and reasoning. Like a cult type of religion/group against the world.

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

The "another martyr" thing might imply that somone's role got now activated ... I could imagine that ...

Emilly
Reactions:

Post by Emilly »

Noni wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:32 pm
phox wrote:

how will they literally rid the world of this place? i can only imagine the worst here:)
"We" and "another martyr" ...it has to be @Nanaa their roles are similar.

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

Daemon wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:14 pm
A hammer much like the ones used by maintenance personnel, the obvious murder weapon, was abandoned not two feet away from his spilled brains.
So I'd say a hammer is very violent, overly so.
Very different to the silently-slowly-killing infection, presumed from Mafia.

One thing we may have overlooked, though, is "much like the ones used by maintenance" and "abandoned not two feet away".
Is this Daemon's poetic way of giving us a clue that it was maintenance, or that maintenance is being framed by the weapon being way too easy to find? :roll: Some veterans with good memory may have to help me with this one - what is Daemon known for?
Could have been a conspirator kill then.
Noni wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:15 pm
I wish I had more substance clemens but I only have what you guys have : the story from daemon.
Indeed, we don't have much. I'm not certain which side blissie (and Nanaa by role association) is on.
It does sound, however, that there are more - blissie, Nanaa, maybe even Siderite (I don't know him, so I don't know if this is how he usually plays) - and if these are on the townie side (as Masons usually are), we're falling right into a Mafia trap by thinning our numbers very quickly.
On the other hand, these are made-up sounding roles (Flat-Eather, Conspiracy Theorist) that would likely get you lynched if you were to claim them as-is, which sounds like something Mafia would have to deal with.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Or siderite he also seems like the king of all the locos. Martyr implies they are anchored in their faith and would die for it, basically fanatics / psychos. The kind that would kill with a hammer, something not too evolved or smart, just brute and old fashioned.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

Clemens wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:37 pm
On the other hand, these are made-up sounding roles (Flat-Eather, Conspiracy Theorist) that would likely get you lynched if you were to claim them as-is, which sounds like something Mafia would have to deal with.
I like the reasoning here.

C'mon people spit out everything you got

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

phox wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:39 pm
Or siderite he also seems like the king of all the locos. Martyr implies they are anchored in their faith and would die for it, basically fanatics / psychos. The kind that would kill with a hammer, something not too evolved or smart, just brute and old fashioned.
no i don't think that siderite seems like someone to kill with a hammer. he is crazy not a brute. more like he would set the building on fire and murder everyone rather than violently kill one guy with a hammer

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

Clemens wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:37 pm
Daemon wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:14 pm
A hammer much like the ones used by maintenance personnel, the obvious murder weapon, was abandoned not two feet away from his spilled brains.
So I'd say a hammer is very violent, overly so.
Very different to the silently-slowly-killing infection, presumed from Mafia.

One thing we may have overlooked, though, is "much like the ones used by maintenance" and "abandoned not two feet away".
Is this Daemon's poetic way of giving us a clue that it was maintenance, or that maintenance is being framed by the weapon being way too easy to find? :roll: Some veterans with good memory may have to help me with this one - what is Daemon known for?
Could have been a conspirator kill then.
I think Daemon's stories are meant to give clear clues as to what happened not to confuse us even more.
That would be evil from @Daemon since we are utterly confused as is.

So to me maintenance=evil (otherwise they would be very irresponsible for not hanging on to their tools and letting other people use them for nefarious things)

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Noni wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:44 pm
phox wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:39 pm
no i don't think that siderite seems like someone to kill with a hammer. he is crazy not a brute. more like he would set the building on fire and murder everyone rather than violently kill one guy with a hammer
no no, I didn't mean siderite would kill with a hammer. I meant blissie. I only wanted to say siderite seems to fit the loco category too.

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

Siderite wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:22 pm
Princess.ruxi wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:38 pm
Noni wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:29 pm
But we then need to look at nanaa and mr waffles.
vote blissie
Agree. We could also take a look at Siderite
Really. I not only pointed the finger at @Princess.ruxi , but also at @Noni and @phox , the lynch mob that plays this game like it's office politics in a law firm. And not only do you not bat an eye... but you vote off @blissie ?
What does one have to do to get lynched around here? I told the truth, I refused to get dragged into these ruinous lynchings, I exposed your sick disregard for human life.

What's the matter with you? What are you trying to do? I'm wrecking my brain I'll never get it. Did I ever hurt you in any way? If I did then hear my apology. Ok, here is me "helping you in the game": vote Siderite
Given our time constraints and Siderite's more than erratic behavior since the very beginning of the game, I don't think the town gains anything by keeping him alive. I will take him at his word and believe that his vote against himself will actually be his way of "helping the game"

If we do vote him off, we at least gain info from the Mod on his role. I would rather take the Mod's word about his role than Siderite's own, since I don't believe he will provide any sensible explanation or role claim that would help shed clarity in the discussion.

With that said, those of you still on board with the plan please hurry with your vote. We can find out his role and maybe have some last minute meaningful discussion before we lose EC/the twins.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

@behemoth please humor us and offer your take on @blissie and his role

I don't like the fact that you're avoiding that subject

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

EscapedConvict wrote:
So to me maintenance=evil (otherwise they would be very irresponsible for not hanging on to their tools and letting other people use them for nefarious things)
That would fit with the Infected Gardner role as well then.
But then do they have two methods of killing?

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

same goes for @Heffie

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Clemens wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:53 pm
EscapedConvict wrote:
That would fit with the Infected Gardner role as well then.
But then do they have two methods of killing?
Makes no sense to me @Clemens , anybody can have tools depending on the domain they work in, Gardeners don't have hammers, do they?