Mafia 1 - The CROWN - GAME OVER!

Guilt is a numbers game.
Sander
Reactions:

Post by Sander »

I never suggested to come clean with any NTA. The only reason for you - to incline that I did - is to black mark me. Now why would you do that? Who benefits from such an aggression.

I was indeed uncertain of my numbers, therefor the question mark. But what does mafia knowing each other have to do with the town folk? Nor the blocker nor the healer knows the mafia. So I do believe they have one chance in 27, to have luck. I did forget to abstract themselves. Since only one mafia player does the killing, so it does not matter, how many there are for the blocker/healer. He only needs to have that 1 out of 27. I'm no mathematician so I'm willing to see my flaws. What ever helps me to figure this out. You are the pro mafia player. Why don't you come with numbers. Instead of trying to confuse. That's what you hated right? Being unconstructive? You wanted a valid discussion. Yet you do your best to avoid it. Instead you rather point at Moxy, Escaped Convict and Myself. Do you really believe we are all evil? Or is raising suspicion - on three people - just for fun constructive. If it is, do tell me. I will join your random voting. And let met state this already, before you try to black mark me any further. IF by any chance, you do have evidence, this it not me asking for it. I wouldn't want the mafia to know you are a detective.

Final statement. I was merely asking wether you veterans have knowledge about some weird tactic in which it would be smart for the mafia to not kill the first night. Since I don't see any reason for them to do so. So just as Moxy and Noni, I believe it was sheer luck. And therefor I repeat, you on the other hand have already voted for two different players, and try to get a third one in discredit. And - again - who benefits from that exactly?

And it seems you have found your alley in zero. Mafia buddies to the rescue?

Trigardon
Reactions:

Post by Trigardon »

Moxy wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:24 pm
^^

Whatever dude. So I vote for you and you just vote back rather than explain why you think no lynch is the better idea...

Sure not suspicious at all
Lining up a hundred of people who might be guilty of anything and just shooting one randomly just didn't seem like a good idea to me at first, you filthy Mafia spy! :D

Heffie
Reactions:

Post by Heffie »

Siderite wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:17 am
Only a monster would attack poets:

vote behemoth
Agreed! vote: behemoth

He may be poetic, but you don't just jump on people seeking information and evidence unless you wholeheartedly disagree with that approach. Why would that be? What's your approach?

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Trigardon wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:30 pm
Moxy wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:24 pm
^^

Whatever dude. So I vote for you and you just vote back rather than explain why you think no lynch is the better idea...

Sure not suspicious at all
Lining up a hundred of people who might be guilty of anything and just shooting one randomly just didn't seem like a good idea to me at first, you filthy Mafia spy! :D
See you could of said that In the first place !

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

radwulf wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:02 pm
EscapedConvict wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:37 pm
Agreed, radwulf

vote: Joesatri

PS: Moxi, get your terminology right, before the mob find any reason to lynch you
Speaking of terminology, which sense of the "mob" are you using here, Escaped Convict? How do you know he is not part of the mob himself (in the criminal sense of the word)? I find your coaching him odd, and the implied belief in his innocence disturbing--especially as the latter doesn't seem intentional.

Sounds sketchy to me too

Unvote: Siderite --for now
Vote: EscapedConvict

[edited by Daemon: from color #800000 to #FF0000 - please use the red color in the bottom-left corner of the palette!]

blissie
Reactions:

Post by blissie »

Hello everybody! Long time no see ;)

Vote Pelasgi just for old times sake and also to wake you up :)

@Sander Actually the chances are not quite 1/28. Usually the first night mafia targets high experience players. So does a good blocker/healer.

There is also another advantage (beside the obvious one) to not have a kill, and that is the fact that the healer/blocker now knows an innocent person. That will come very handy later in the game.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Princess.ruxi wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:07 pm
Noni wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:04 am
i take a long coffee break and when i get back half the people have votes.
thanks radwulf for making things interesting.
also, vote zero for voting radwulf :)
@Noni What exactly do you mean by - thx radwulf for making things interesting? Explain yourself.
I just mean I liked his post (and I'm paraphrasing here) : "best way to start the first day is with a vote". It was the catalyst for a bunch of other votes and people started taking, discussions develop naturally and everything is more exciting when there are votes going round instead of looooong posts with no substance :)
Personal preference. Short and sweet :)

Nanaa
Reactions:

Post by Nanaa »

The accidental info that joesatri wasn't supposed to talk today made me think a few possibilities:

1. He has coronavirus and needs spend 1 day transforming into an overmind to control the rest of the corona-mafia! :o Thus no killing yet also.
2. Someone has a NTA to paralyze 1 target for 1 day

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Yah nanna cause that’s how mafia works you can transform a townie into a mafia...

And the sexond one is obvious so we... the point of your post was ? To pretend to be insightful and helpful when not really?

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

Heffie wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:44 pm
Siderite wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:17 am
Only a monster would attack poets:

vote behemoth
Agreed! vote: behemoth

He may be poetic, but you don't just jump on people seeking information and evidence unless you wholeheartedly disagree with that approach. Why would that be? What's your approach?
Pretty simple, I mistrust players who try to seem helpful by making grand yet vague over-generalizations about topics not related to the game, in this case meta-fear. He then states the obvious that information and evidence are needed, which we all know does not just fall out of the sky on Day 1, yet he seems to implicitly discourage a known method for arriving at some information - i.e., voting and/or making accusations, which I assume is what he calls lashing out.

To top it off, the second I call him out, he responds by voting against me ... for the simple reason that I voted for him? In my book that's a kind of overreaction typical of scum behavior.

My accusation against him stands, and I will return to it after the matter of EscapedConvict is settled.

Nanaa
Reactions:

Post by Nanaa »

@Moxy, Not implying you can transform townie to mafia (it won't spread from human to human). Just thinking how the backstory might go and what restrictions Daemon could have given to mess with us :) Yea, second one is probably the first to come in mind

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

radwulf wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:02 pm
EscapedConvict wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:37 pm
Agreed, radwulf

vote: Joesatri

PS: Moxi, get your terminology right, before the mob find any reason to lynch you
Speaking of terminology, which sense of the "mob" are you using here, Escaped Convict? How do you know he is not part of the mob himself (in the criminal sense of the word)? I find your coaching him odd, and the implied belief in his innocence disturbing--especially as the latter doesn't seem intentional.

unvote: Moxi
vote: Escaped Convict
I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt at this point.
I used the term loosely, both ways can apply, but more having in mind, the opportunistic mafia behavior that can ensue.

Also wanted to see who bites and what comes of it.

You're a little too jumpy, too early for my taste, mister radwiulf but I do see your point. Weak as it may be.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

To top it off, the second I call him out, he responds by voting against me ... for the simple reason that I voted for him? In my book that's a kind of overreaction typical of scum behavior.
I didn't like that either.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

Wow...sorry about that...mod, please delete double posts.

Thats what I get for using the phone...

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

EscapedConvict wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:09 pm
Wow...sorry about that...mod, please delete double posts.

Thats what I get for using the phone...
Haha and I thought I was bad for writing "taking" instead of "talking" in my previous post and not knowing how to edit from my phone.

Mary
Reactions:

Post by Mary »

Ok, I'm back and no longer preoccupied by things like being on shift :D .

First off, a friendly vote Phox - c'mon little sis, rise and shine :)

More seriously though, seems like semantics are the driving force for voting at the minute, which is fine for day 1 but trying to not get too hung up on that. The following stood out to me though:

Trigardon arguing (even briefly) for no lynch was odd, that is to best tool the town has to get rid of mafia and one that shouldn't be forfeited so early in the game, agreed with moxy there. Some kind of discussion has to happen to arrive at a lynch so I don't think it's wise comparing first morning chatter to shooting someone randomly -> finger of suspicion earned

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

Sander, how many online games have you played in to date? How many mafia roles do you think there are in this game? Your answer should be subtracted from the denominator of the probability ratio you used, as the mafia wouldn't target their own members: 1/(28-x). Add the potential of role blockers, healers, partial night immunity roles etc. I've never seen mafia skip a kill in night 1; not sure the potential confusion is worth a missed kill. An outlandish idea would be if mafia doesn't kill, but instead infects, and slowly grows in number from 1 until they reach majority--if that's the case we'd know after repeated no-kill nights.

Fundamentally, your problem is that you were disturbed by our hard-hitting, voting start. That disturbs those of us who understand that voting is the only reliable weapon the town has.

EscapedConvict wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:02 pm
This sounds like counterfeit-thought. As a townie, I have the exact opposite mindset. I'm giving NO ONE the benefit of doubt. I'm looking at everyone's posts with the question: if they're mafia, how might have they betrayed themselves in their posts, through fake thinking or bad logic? And I'd be very surprised if genuine townies did not have a similar mindset. Personally, I'd like a role claim from you at this point, should you gather the required votes for it.

Daemon
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Daemon »

At certain of our peers' behest, that rule requiring a minimum amount of votes before allowing players to require role claims from others has been removed. (Just making sure it was known, although the game rules are in the 1st post.)

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

Mary wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:18 pm
More seriously though, seems like semantics are the driving force for voting at the minute, which is fine for day 1 but trying to not get too hung up on that.
If you're referring to EscapedConvict, it's not just about the semantics. More suspicious to me was his implied assumption of Moxy's innocence.

Then there is also the Moxy vs. Trigardon, Zero vs. Sander and Behemoth vs. Siderite disputes, which bring forth valid points. There's plenty to get hung up on, but word choice is just a part of it.

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

I'd certainly like to hear EscapedConvict's role too

Princess.ruxi
Reactions:

Post by Princess.ruxi »

radwulf wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:36 am
An outlandish idea would be if mafia doesn't kill, but instead infects, and slowly grows in number from 1 until they reach majority--if that's the case we'd know after repeated no-kill nights.
Actually maybe not so outlandish. We might be in for a surprise.
If we look at the story we already know that:
- the rats infected started working together - just like mafia
- someone in the lab touched something non-intimidating and they became one - maybe a cat? Thus the first infected mafia player is born.
- we are scientist, not murderers, there are no weapons on site
- some of the infected personnel dies (cytologist), some of them live?

So I see two possibilities.
1. Mafia infects a player. He then becomes sick and cannot vote for a day or two maybe, and ultimately dies. Still has enough time to convince others to vote and to count for the numbers that day.

2. Mafia infects a player. He then becomes sick and cannot vote that day, but if the algorithm chooses that he will live, he then becomes one with the mafia.

If this is right, than maybe JoeSatri was infected. It makes sense for mafia to target an experienced player during the first night - therefore JoeSatri is

Of course, he could also be blocked by somebody.
What do you all think about my epidemiological inquiry?

Princess.ruxi
Reactions:

Post by Princess.ruxi »

Seems like I cannot edit my earlier post and it was not saved properly.

I meant tomorrow JoeSatri will be either mafia / dead.

Princess.ruxi
Reactions:

Post by Princess.ruxi »

Daemon wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:01 am
At certain of our peers' behest, that rule has been removed - just making sure it was known.
What rule are you talking about?

blissie
Reactions:

Post by blissie »

Princess.ruxi wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:37 am
1. Mafia infects a player. He then becomes sick and cannot vote for a day or two maybe, and ultimately dies. Still has enough time to convince others to vote and to count for the numbers that day.
That actually is a very interesting theory. If the mafia's way of killing is by infecting people, than the death would not be instant. Unfortunately we cannot know for sure... yet. But I think that we have to explore this posibility.

Daemon
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Daemon »

Princess.ruxi wrote: What rule are you talking about?
Post 68. Was a reply to radwulf's post, i've made it more clear now.

Also, i've raised the "edit" time window after posting new messages to 3 mins.

Thank you.

Sander
Reactions:

Post by Sander »

radwulf wrote:
I've never seen mafia skip a kill in night 1; not sure the potential confusion is worth a missed kill. An outlandish idea would be if mafia doesn't kill, but instead infects, and slowly grows in number from 1 until they reach majority--if that's the case we'd know after repeated no-kill nights.
I would have never thought of that myself. This is the reason why I asked my question. I just don't know what to expect.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Princess.ruxi wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:37 am
radwulf wrote:

So I see two possibilities.

2. Mafia infects a player. He then becomes sick and cannot vote that day, but if the algorithm chooses that he will live, he then becomes one with the mafia.

If this is right, than maybe JoeSatri was infected. It makes sense for mafia to target an experienced player during the first night - therefore JoeSatri is

Of course, he could also be blocked by somebody.
What do you all think about my epidemiological inquiry?
You may be on to something, Princess.ruxi but I can't quite wrap my head around it. I'll re read the whole thread with this in mind and let you know if anything grabs my attention.

Can't say I ever encountered this scenario in a Mafia game but this is the reunion edition and this is daemon we are talking about.
Stranger things have happened.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Princess is not onto something. It’s complete bullshit and people actually considering it is hugely suspicious to me.

If this is the case then it will be very difficult thing for the townies to win. You talking about mafia becoming more people and less townies. So what one night suddenly instead of say 4 mafia they suddenly become 5 ?

The game of mafia is the minority in the know against the majority not in the know. This scenario would break that fundamental rule and break the game and the amount of games radwulf has modded he should know this.

Now radwulfs first scenario, that I could see happening and maybe is but the last one is complete BS from someone so experienced and has actually modded these games themselves.

Unvote Trigardon

Vote Radwulf

joesatri
Reactions:

Post by joesatri »

Princess.ruxi wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:40 am
I'm neither mafia, nor dead. I'm alive and (un)well. Who said anythying about my ability to SPEAK ?

I really think mafia kills (we've got 2 deaths prior to game start already).

Mary wrote:
Trigardon arguing (even briefly) for no lynch was odd, that is to best tool the town has to get rid of mafia and one that shouldn't be forfeited so early in the game, agreed with moxy there. Some kind of discussion has to happen to arrive at a lynch so I don't think it's wise comparing first morning chatter to shooting someone randomly -> finger of suspicion earned
Mary Mary... Forfeited so early in the game ?? This is the day when it's MOST LIKELY to lynch an inoncent person. We have so little to go on, that the odds are not in our favor...
Can't help but wonder why are you so.. trigger happy.. ?

SilveXtru
Reactions:

Post by SilveXtru »

Looks like some of us are still sleeping.
I exclude the theory of townies becoming infected and therefore mafia, this would not balance the game at all. Although the infection is a possibility and I wonder if someone has some abilities to do that, like being a psycho ( the only balanced option I see between townies, mafia and a psycho who wins others to his side ).

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

radwulf wrote:
EscapedConvict wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:02 pm
This sounds like counterfeit-thought. As a townie, I have the exact opposite mindset. I'm giving NO ONE the benefit of doubt. I'm looking at everyone's posts with the question: if they're mafia, how might have they betrayed themselves in their posts, through fake thinking or bad logic? And I'd be very surprised if genuine townies did not have a similar mindset. Personally, I'd like a role claim from you at this point, should you gather the required votes for it.
I think you have to put it in context. First post, of the game in which I also voted, which is my favorite think to do on day 1 start things off, as well

There is a difference in giving everyone the benefit of the doubt in the very first hours of the first day or after 100 posts have been posted.
Things change quickly.

Adela, can you explain you bandwagon vote on radwulf?

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

Moxy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:30 am
Princess is not onto something. It’s complete bullshit and people actually considering it is hugely suspicious to me.

If this is the case then it will be very difficult thing for the townies to win. You talking about mafia becoming more people and less townies. So what one night suddenly instead of say 4 mafia they suddenly become 5 ?

The game of mafia is the minority in the know against the majority not in the know. This scenario would break that fundamental rule and break the game and the amount of games radwulf has modded he should know this.

Now radwulfs first scenario, that I could see happening and maybe is but the last one is complete BS from someone so experienced and has actually modded these games themselves.

Unvote Trigardon

Vote Radwulf
Actually radwulf suggested it first.
Also you are aware you're giving radwulf a 3rd bandwagon vote and doing that before he had the chance to respond correct?

The theory could work in a very wonky game of mafia (which Daemon is capabale of) because of the following:
1. you can make the number of initial mafia roles a lot smaller percentage then usual to balance for the mafia recruiting more members as the game goes along
2. mafia not killing at night also counterbalances forces in favor of the town, numbers wise.

Anyhow, the fact that you jumped so viciously (3rd bandwagon vote) plus you didn't take the time to break down the logic makes you now very suspicious to me.
SilveXtru is also guilty of poor logic as well.

blissie
Reactions:

Post by blissie »

Moxy wrote:
Why is it so crazy to believe some alternative game-play? Let's not forget who is the mod. The fact that you are implying that if we believe anything else than your general narrative makes us suspicions, is typical rookie mob mistake.

Unvote Pelasgi

Vote Moxy

blissie
Reactions:

Post by blissie »

@Pelasgi, still waiting for you to wake up!

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Good morning, fellow researchers.

THE END IS NIGH!!! But we will persevere. In the face... err, muzzle, of our virus-ridden colleagues.
Pardon my early absence. I am allergic to group hugs, so I elected to watch y'all from a safe distance.

But, oh wait, I have not been the only one hiding in the shadows. My (in)action has involuntarily associated myself with 5 other sleep-ins. Let's shake this up, wake them up.
vote Stringer

Telvek
Reactions:

Post by Telvek »

Hello!
The first days are so confusing, so I have no Idea about anyone.
But keep talking so we can find you who collaborates with who etc.

I just want you to know I'm alive and active :D

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

blissie wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:41 pm
Moxy wrote:
Why is it so crazy to believe some alternative game-play? Let's not forget who is the mod. The fact that you are implying that if we believe anything else than your general narrative makes us suspicions, is typical rookie mob mistake.

Unvote Pelasgi

Vote Moxy
I just find it hard to believe it’s possible to turn townies into mafia. And that’s my belief and I’m sticking to it. The same as people believing it is suspicious. That’s my view doesn’t mean I think your all mafia, it means I’m going to be keeping a closer eye on your posts for now. Like how two of you have suddenly jumped to his defence.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

EscapedConvict wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:14 pm
Moxy wrote:

Unvote Trigardon

Vote Radwulf
Actually radwulf suggested it first.
Also you are aware you're giving radwulf a 3rd bandwagon vote and doing that before he had the chance to respond correct?

The theory could work in a very wonky game of mafia (which Daemon is capabale of) because of the following:
1. you can make the number of initial mafia roles a lot smaller percentage then usual to balance for the mafia recruiting more members as the game goes along
2. mafia not killing at night also counterbalances forces in favor of the town, numbers wise.

Anyhow, the fact that you jumped so viciously (3rd bandwagon vote) plus you didn't take the time to break down the logic makes you now very suspicious to me.
SilveXtru is also guilty of poor logic as well.
I don’t think it’s poor logic but to be honest no i didn’t realise that my vote was the third vote but at the moment to me he is the most suspicious. And it’s not like he has enough for lynch at the moment. For fuck sake he needs another 7 for even a deadline lynch. I cast my vote because I believe he deserves some pressure. Casting the third vote when you need 10 for a deadline. Sure that’s bandwagon. But thank you for suddenly jumping to his defence.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

Moxy, can you explain why you don't think its flawed logic?

I'd also be careful with the language. For one, it's against the rules and secondly it reveals your anger

Mary
Reactions:

Post by Mary »

joesatri wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:22 am
Princess.ruxi wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:40 am
I'm neither mafia, nor dead. I'm alive and (un)well. Who said anythying about my ability to SPEAK ?

I really think mafia kills (we've got 2 deaths prior to game start already).

Mary wrote:
Mary Mary... Forfeited so early in the game ?? This is the day when it's MOST LIKELY to lynch an inoncent person. We have so little to go on, that the odds are not in our favor...
Can't help but wonder why are you so.. trigger happy.. ?

Joe - there's unfortunately always a possibility to lynch an innocent person, since we don't know what people's real allegiances are (aka the whole point of the game of mafia). What bothered me about Trigardon was that his first instinct was to suggest a no lynch, before most of the players even got a chance to post. Why start with that?!.....votes can be changed once cast and they're a good way to get conversation going, they're a town's best weapon as has already been illustrated. I pointed out that his initial approach seemed odd to me, therefore suspicious....that's not being trigger happy, that's making an observation.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

EscapedConvict wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:26 pm

I'd also be careful with the language. For one, it's against the rules and secondly it reveals your anger
Because if you can continue to turn towines into mafia soon mafia will become a group of 7-10 or more unless we lynch someone successfully. I just don’t think daemon would break the fundamental rules of mafia by having become the majority that way. It’s simple not how the game mechanics work.

That numbe is a rough guess on just having a third be mafia. I actually don’t k ow how many there is.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

Moxy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:52 pm
EscapedConvict wrote:

Because if you can continue to turn towines into mafia soon mafia will become a group of 7-10 or more unless we lynch someone successfully.
True, mafia would be understaffed and some point in the game (beginning) and they would progressively become stronger as they increase their numbers.
At some point they will have larger percentage of members but they would still not be able to kill at night. So it still evens out even at that point.
And when they reach majority (50+%), the game is over and the mafia win. I still don't see what you see illogical with that scenario.

I'm not saying this is happening in this game, I just don't like your reaction to sound logic.

I have enough for now to change my vote.

unvote: Adela

vote Moxy

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Moxy wrote:

Unvote Trigardon

Vote Radwulf
i don't necessarily think good folk can be turned into mafia like vampires can turn other vampires:) but she/radwulf could be onto something when it comes to a twist added by daemon.
problem is my imagination isn't that crazy and i can't figure out any twist that would make sense. maybe it was just a lucky defense/block. i've re-read everything and the picture has not been made more clear.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

Noni wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:16 pm
problem is my imagination isn't that crazy and i can't figure out any twist that would make sense.
Because it would be in line with the virus Covid-19 themed game play?

But then again, infected people could just mean they can't vote (i.e. Joesatri) or kill at night

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

EscapedConvict wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:07 pm
Moxy wrote:
EscapedConvict wrote:

Because if you can continue to turn towines into mafia soon mafia will become a group of 7-10 or more unless we lynch someone successfully.
True, mafia would be understaffed and some point in the game (beginning) and they would progressively become stronger as they increase their numbers.
At some point they will have larger percentage of members but they would still not be able to kill at night. So it still evens out even at that point.
And when they reach majority (50+%), the game is over and the mafia win. I still don't see what you see illogical with that scenario.

I'm not saying this is happening in this game, I just don't like your reaction to sound logic.

I have enough for now to change my vote.

unvote: Adela

vote Moxy
I’m not sure if your mafia trying to take heat away from rad or you just don’t know how the game works. But I don’t think even as the amount of people shrink daemon would allow scenario where the amount of mafia increases it’s not how the game mechanics work. Either way finger of suspicion at EscapedConvict

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

Moxy wrote:
.. or you just don’t know how the game works.
You're a comedian too.

MrWaffles
Reactions:

Post by MrWaffles »

Trigardon wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:05 am
Vote NO LYNCH
Hi guys,

I've been following the posts so far and I kind of agree with Trigardon's original vote. If we do a random lynch today, we have 2/3 chance of killing someone innocent and only 1/3 chance of getting a mafia guy. Without any real info to go on, I'm worried that it makes us lose the game faster (if you are part of the town). Also, I would feel a bit bad if I helped lynch someone innocent.

I'm not decided, but I would prefer not to cast a lynch vote today. Is there any reason I should reconsider?

-Amit

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

Allow me to quote myself.
radwulf wrote:
An outlandish idea would be if mafia doesn't kill, but instead infects, and slowly grows in number from 1 until they reach majority--if that's the case we'd know after repeated no-kill nights.
I clearly indicated this scenario is unlikely and un-actionable at present time. The mechanics CAN work if mafia starts with ONE patient zero out of TWENTY-EIGHT players, especially if multiple lynches per day are allowed. They might even be allowed to choose between kill vs infect.

As for crazy mod ideas: I've seen an armed godfather who was part of the masonic lodge (he went on to win the game); a game with 3 baddie factions who outnumbered the town from day 1 (bad idea); and I've even had my allegiance switched midgame once through NTA (much to my distaste).

Moxy, you took my mentioning of an idea and rabidly distorted it into belief, AND a reason for a second un-justified vote. The debate about the idea's merits is one thing; the undeniable distortion however can only be explained by criminal intent. Of all the lynch-worthy posting I've read so far on day 1 (plenty of it), this one is the most lynch-worthy.

unvote: Escaped Convict
vote: Moxy

Daemon
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Daemon »

Moxy receives a warning. This isn't your usual online game community. If you will, it's sort of a PG12 environment, minors have been playing this game and are allowed to read it. Usually, one should not employ strong language to transmit a message, when they can use logic.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

wrong

Distortion could be made by not understanding what you Meant. But I ain’t distorting what you put. You suggested an idea that you believe possible and I’ve explained countless times why I believe it can’t be and as a veteran of mafia yourself I would believe you can see why mafia being able to add to their team through infection breaks the mechanics of the game.

Do you truly believe rad that in a game we’re the mechanics is minority in the know vs majority not knowing it would be cool to have the ability to change that around?

That’s not okay and personally I can’t believe anyone who thinks that is.

Another thing is that apparently I have taken an idea of yours and made it seem like you believe it? So do you or don’t you, and if you don’t believe what you have typed, why have you typed it? To soe confusion? To Mis direct?

I’m not against Putting out ideas but it seems like if I take your word for just a second, you put out just an idea, i spotted and pointed out which I believe to be holes in your idea and you called me out for bad logic.

So please explain how I believe having mafia be able to add to their ranks throughout the game is against the game mechanics poor logic?

Ps sorry for bad language I will take not and refrain from using it.