Mafia 1 - The CROWN - GAME OVER!

Guilt is a numbers game.
blissie
Reactions:

Post by blissie »

The security team is for sure a vigilante/psychopath gang (or maybe even secondary mafia). But if they were a vigilante group, why all the lies? Why Moxy conveniently lied about NTA, and said he blocked Trigardon? To me this does not add up.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

To me the people who didn't post AT ALL or almost at all today (game day) need to be pointed out, because they are not participating and if I will see a sudden spike in activity from them later, that will only add to my suspicions.

People with under 5 posts in day 2 :
- Adela, Telvek, behemoth - no post
- Blissie, pelasgi - 1 post
- skuggi - 2 posts
-Silvextru - 3 posts
-nanna-4 posts

My suspects for now, in that order.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Noni wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:00 pm
To me the people who didn't post AT ALL or almost at all today (game day) need to be pointed out, because they are not participating and if I will see a sudden spike in activity from them later, that will only add to my suspicions.

People with under 5 posts in day 2 :
- Adela, Telvek, behemoth - no post
- Blissie, pelasgi - 1 post
- skuggi - 2 posts
-Silvextru - 3 posts
-nanna-4 posts

My suspects for now, in that order.
Correction. Blissie now has 2 posts

Siderite
Reactions:

Post by Siderite »

radwulf wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:42 pm
Siderite, in Joesatri's case you were arguing cryostasis is a good thing. Now, with Trigardon you seem to imply otherwise. Why the inconsistency? I will vote Siderite for a role-claim. I'm also willing to go back to Escaped Convict.
How fast you switch from people you accuse with righteous indignation, indifferent to them having been innocent all along. I would counter accuse, but wouldn't that make me more like you? Happenstance is the color of our eyes.

As per your question, having read more about the cryo system, it appears it is little more than a freezer. Putting someone in is close to murder and perhaps worse so, considering the side effects. Otherwise, I submit, wouldn't it have been more prudent for ALL of us to declare our roles, find the one that we can prove as a decent member of our community, then cryo all the others in wait for the authorities? Perhaps now we would all be safe, under the protection of the security forces, if only we would have all declared our role here.

Unless we all work together for the good of all, we are worse than the Mafia. Sometimes a dream is a fist you grow into, but more often, a routine, like watering a weed in your stomach. Go on, check my temperature or whatever ability you claimed. Am I wrong?

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

Trigardon wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:08 am
I can absolutely confirm this. But who says he blocked something evil instead of something good! Moxy was holding prejucides in the first NTA, so it's not surprise his first LYNCH vote was going towards me.
I think we have reason to rejoice, town. This is Trigardon's first post (#334) after Moxy's role claim. Is this the reaction of a mason who just found out the identity of his leader? Leader who by an amazing coincidence happened to target his fellow security guy in night one and then go on to accuse and vote him in day one. Masons with a leader, who don't know each other's identities, who have night time abilities of blocking and communicating?? Or more likely, a classic mafia clan with a godfather, blocking and communication abilities?

Emilly
Reactions:

Post by Emilly »

I do not think that Security is the mafia, because moxy would not immediately dismiss her colleague. I think Moxy said he blocked trigadorn the first night? I think they didn't know each other.

It is strange that there is so much security, I thought that Daemon has more imagination.
@siderite made me laugh with his idea to save joesatri by killing him. 😂😂😂

About joesatri we have to wait until tomorow. For me it is strange that he knows he will die.

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

I changed my mind. If Joesatri is being truthful about his imminent death, we will lose him soon. If he lies and is infectious mafia, he gains at least one night in which to exercise his ability. I will go with what I know for sure at this point, that he has a fever in a Coronavirus-themed game.

unvote Siderite
vote Joesatri - we lose absolutely nothing if we lynch him promptly now and we stand to gain knowledge about the nature of the infection threat.

Emilly
Reactions:

Post by Emilly »

@joesatri I think its time to say everything you know. Is it possible to have high temperature due to poisonous food?

I wouldn kill him today, if he is not mafia, we lose 2 townies today?

Skuggi
Reactions:

Post by Skuggi »

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Trigardon. Best of luck!

It really is a remarkable coincidence that the only three people to die are from the security team.
radwulf wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:27 pm
vote Joesatri - we lose absolutely nothing if we lynch him promptly now and we stand to gain knowledge about the nature of the infection threat.
You make a good point, but surely we would lose the cause of death and possibly clues left by Daemon if we lynch him?

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

radwulf wrote:
Now that the two most suspicious people were voted off and turned out to be Security, they're looking more and more like a mafia faction. Note that Trigardon's role claim did not even mention a night time ability. Also, his death story leaves more room for this interpretation: their mission to liquidate us may be compatible with the "greater good".
blissie wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:56 pm
The security team is for sure a vigilante/psychopath gang (or maybe even secondary mafia). But if they were a vigilante group, why all the lies? Why Moxy conveniently lied about NTA, and said he blocked Trigardon? To me this does not add up.
I have been rebuked by EC, Rene and valli if I am not mistaken for banging on the same drum for a while. The fact that Trigardon was also a Security Guard only seems to enforce my suspicion that something isn't right with the Security team. I don't think they knew each other since Moxy got Trigardon into trouble in the first place by blocking him in the same night there were no murders. Anyway, I will have to go back to see the interactions between the three of them. I'd probably wager that Rene is also a Security Guard and maybe Sander and valli as well and I am not even a betting man. There is more to this story than some players want you to believe folks.

------

Another theory is that the main mafia faction is made up in large proportion of inactive players and the reason we haven't had any murders by them thus far (last night's murder was almost 100% by a vigilante/psycho) is that they simply didn't send the targets to Daemon or that only their leader can and he/she has been inactive. This might be super far fetched but worth considering. Either that or the mafia win by infecting people and thus expanding their team. That would mean though that they most likely started from one player only i.e, platient 0 and would play well with the existence of a separate faction in case patient 0 gets found out very early on.

------

As for what to do now? I am pretty certain that radwulf's role claim is legit as stated previously since someone with a thermometer makes a lot of sense in a game theme revolving around a virus. I am suspicious however of people trying to discredit radwulf's ability such as Sander:
Sander wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:54 pm
The temperature check could have different meanings. Maybe someone's temperature rises when he uses his NTA. Or maybe an increased temperature means he had a visitor at night. Eg, the cleaners.

I highly doubt, you can so easily deduct friends and foes.

You said the doctor is in your role description, can you explain?
and Noni:
Noni wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:30 pm
@rad could it be that you are a crazy cop and are getting fake and real temperature results? That would also be an explanation.
It is very obvious that having a high temperature can be equated to being infected with the virus. The only difference might be that those who die of this fever are townies targeted by the mafia whilst those who do not die the following night/day are mafia.

As for joesatri, I said from the very beginning that he might be in fact mafia and that he simply tries to prolong his life so that he can use his NTA tonight and kill someone etc. He's a very experienced player and such clever manoeuvre wouldn't at all surprise me. Of course, he might very well be townie and I considered him as such before radwulf's revelations. Either way, we don't lose anything by lynching him now but might prevent a potential kill or malicious NTA use if he is in fact scum.

As a consequence, I will vote: joesatri as well. If he is a townie, I believe even joesatri would agree with and understand this course of action.

Skuggi
Reactions:

Post by Skuggi »

In hindsight, the security team behaved kinda weird at Moxy's role declaration. Neither Trigardon nor Stringer really defended him on Day 1, beyond Trigardon confirming that he was blocked by Moxy. So maybe they had some ulterior motive to stay hidden. If they were objectively good townies, you'd think that someone else from the security team might stand up for Moxy and even declare his role to back him up.

On the other hand, Moxy seemed intent on attacking or at least getting role declaration from Trigardon, suggesting that he didn't know what it was.
blissie wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:56 pm
Did Moxy lie about his NTA? Did I miss something?

Nanaa
Reactions:

Post by Nanaa »

radwulf wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:11 pm
Trigardon wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:08 am
I can absolutely confirm this. But who says he blocked something evil instead of something good! Moxy was holding prejucides in the first NTA, so it's not surprise his first LYNCH vote was going towards me.
I think we have reason to rejoice, town. This is Trigardon's first post (#334) after Moxy's role claim. Is this the reaction of a mason who just found out the identity of his leader? Leader who by an amazing coincidence happened to target his fellow security guy in night one and then go on to accuse and vote him in day one. Masons with a leader, who don't know each other's identities, who have night time abilities of blocking and communicating?? Or more likely, a classic mafia clan with a godfather, blocking and communication abilities?
Emilly wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:16 pm
I do not think that Security is the mafia, because moxy would not immediately dismiss her colleague. I think Moxy said he blocked trigadorn the first night? I think they didn't know each other.
Agreeing with Emilly here.

They were pro-town masons, imo. I believe if Moxy would have successfully contacted another security, the contacted security would have had the option to answer back. Skuggi didn't have this option mentioned anywhere so I believe Skuggi wasn't security then.

Why would Daemon make it so hard to recognize bad/good guys from the kill feed? Or is it normal in themed mafia games that role doesn't tell absolutely anything about its faction?
Skuggi wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:08 pm
In hindsight, the security team behaved kinda weird at Moxy's role declaration. Neither Trigardon nor Stringer really defended him on Day 1, beyond Trigardon confirming that he was blocked by Moxy. So maybe they had some ulterior motive to stay hidden. If they were objectively good townies, you'd think that someone else from the security team might stand up for Moxy and even declare his role to back him up.
Stringer defended Moxy from what I could see and clearly baddies noticed that too since Stringer got hammer in brains right away.

Siderite
Reactions:

Post by Siderite »

vote joesatri I have to believe cryo is not worse than death and the side effect stories are an exaggeration. I pave my way with my intentions.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

@zero FYI I'm not trying to discredit @radwulf . I'm merely asking if crazy cop getting mixed results for his investigation can be seen option for his role.
This is because I don't think @joesatri is mafia and I don't have a clear explanation for his fever.

Also don't think the security team is the main baddy faction because it doesn't match the story or their actions. They don't know about each other and have been playing in a very scattered way.

As about lynching @joesatri I definitely don't support that idea. I have not seen anything suspicious from him. Yes I don't understand how he could "get himself checked out" and yes his way of posting bits of information and being somewhat cryptic can be annoying (for lack of a better word) but that's his normal style :)

He will be instantly lynched Tomorrow if what he said isn't true so why do it now?!
It's not like if he was Mafia he is the only mafia and he gets to kill again in the night if we let him live.

My strongest suspicions are still on the inactive and we are giving them a free pass. @zero even by your own theory, the Mafia may really be inactive during the night too, so why not target them during the day?

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

@radwulf I hope your vote on joesatri was to see who joins the bandwagon and you have your answer!!

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

Noni wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:37 pm
He will be instantly lynched Tomorrow if what he said isn't true so why do it now?!
I think I have explained the reason in my previous post. I don't see any drawback from lynching him now if he's going to face an imminent death anyway. On the other hand, what if this is all a clever ploy so that he can use his malicious NTA one more time tonight? This is no bandwagon, just game theory.

joesatri
Reactions:

Post by joesatri »

Not sure if I fancy a lynch or a painful death at the hands of the virus..

24 hours to my death.

I vote behemoth.

I suggest we get a role claim before the day ends.

Nanaa
Reactions:

Post by Nanaa »

Sure, let's pressurize the silent ones
vote behemoth

Heffie
Reactions:

Post by Heffie »

I think these blockers were not pro-town, it doesn't make sense that they'd band together and message/block people. Also, the whole messaging thing as a means to find each other doesn't make sense. After re-reading all the posts, you can see that Moxy didn't jump on trigardon immediately and even then used a different excuse, later voted someone else and only when he was in trouble did he start pointing towards skuggi as his backup and hesitantly turned against trigardon. It seems to me they knew about eachother and just didn't play it right.

As for today, I'm going back to my original suspect vote behemoth

Emilly
Reactions:

Post by Emilly »

joesatri wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:00 pm
Sander wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:54 pm
The temperature check could have different meanings. Maybe someone's temperature rises when he uses his NTA. Or maybe an increased temperature means he had a visitor at night. Eg, the cleaners.

I am still debating (with myself) if i should share the last bit of information i have.
I am a computer guy, that can hack into a workstation and tell (by using the webcam) if the target left the room or not.

I've already shared what i know about radwulf - he went out of his room - N1.
Regarding last night, my target ALSO left the room. Now.. if this person is a townie, i might feed him to the wolves..

I will decide by the end of day if I reveal the name of my target in N2.
It's the end of the day and you just told us who left the room.
vote behemoth

Nanaa
Reactions:

Post by Nanaa »

Heffie wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:26 pm
I think these blockers were not pro-town, it doesn't make sense that they'd band together and message/block people. Also, the whole messaging thing as a means to find each other doesn't make sense.
If Security team knew each others from the beginning of game, it would have been really powerful combined with the ability to block once per night (high chance to block enemy). I think Daemon nerfed them a little so that they need to find each other first. Looks like also that only Security chief had these NTAs. Basic guards probably don't have any abilities since Trigardon mentioned none.

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

Principles of game theory make a rapid lynch of Joesatri the most logical approach. Nothing to lose if he's good and truthful (except perhaps details regarding his disease and death as someone pointed out), but a denial of any negative night-time ability if he's mafia (SCENARIOS A and C) and the potential of having his evil allegiance confirmed right away. That would leave us more than 24 hours to pressurize or even lynch some of the lurkers.

MrWaffles
Reactions:

Post by MrWaffles »

radwulf wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:16 pm
Principles of game theory make a rapid lynch of Joesatri the most logical approach. Nothing to lose if he's good and truthful (except perhaps details regarding his disease and death as someone pointed out), but a denial of any negative night-time ability if he's mafia (SCENARIOS A and C) and the potential of having his evil allegiance confirmed right away. That would leave us more than 24 hours to pressurize or even lynch some of the lurkers.
Does joesatri die at the start of the night (if he really is infected)? Will he have time to use his NTA before he dies? If so, we should not lynch him unless we think he is Mafia because he can help us before he dies.

Sander
Reactions:

Post by Sander »

Here we go again with zero.
zero wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:06 pm
It is very obvious that having a high temperature can be equated to being infected with the virus. The only difference might be that those who die of this fever are townies targeted by the mafia whilst those who do not die the following night/day are mafia.
So I'm suspicious because I'm apparently discrediting Radwulf. Why are you so 100% certain that radwulf is a god that can not be faulted? Let me say otherwise. You are trying to discredit me. And for what. For trying to figure out this game. While you are narrowing it down. Which is actually strange since you went into a 5 year old tantrum not so long ago.
zero wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:18 pm
Security could be a separate faction.
You've been trying to discredit me from day one. This is just your way to go open that door again.

Wasn't it typical mafia behavior to skim texts and twist what has been said?
radwulf wrote:
It is very obvious that having a high temperature can be equated to being infected with the virus.
No one talks about a high temperature. No one. What did radwulf say again?
radwulf wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:08 pm
I targetted ADELA on night 1. Her temperature was normal.
I targetted JOESATRI on night 2. His temperature was higher than normal.
Higher than normal. Want to know what causes an elevated temperature? A baby getting teeth. Are you calling getting teeth an infection? However let's not mock you.

Want to know what else causes elevated temperatures? Being to warmly dressed. Joe was called away. Maybe he dressed warmly for where he was going. Only that resulted in an elevated temperature inside. What doesn't mean he has an infection.

Want to know what else causes elevated temperatures? A workout. Maybe Joe was still all heated up from smashing down someone skull with a hammer.

So want to dismiss me again from thinking outside the box? Or maybe you can be certain of the infection, because you caused it.

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

Jeez, why do you hate security guards? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mafia and townies are definitely voting for the same persons ya'll.

Emilly
Reactions:

Post by Emilly »

radwulf wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:16 pm
Radwulf, what's wrong with you? Why do you insist to kill joesatri tonight?

1. If Joesatri is the mafia, he can't die at night unless he commits suicide. If tomorrow morning is alive, he will have to give explanations and we can kill him tomorrow.

2 If Joesatri is not mafia and he was told he would die at night ... at least we didn't kill him. I don't think he's mafia because he was attacked for 2 nights.

His role seems credible to me, and here we have some characters who are silent and watching and waiting. I think there are others more suspicious than Joesatri.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

@Daemon and off topic: a like post button would be good.
Sander:)

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

Sander wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:48 pm

So I'm suspicious because I'm apparently discrediting Radwulf. Why are you so 100% certain that radwulf is a god that can not be faulted? Let me say otherwise. You are trying to discredit me. And for what. For trying to figure out this game. While you are narrowing it down. Which is actually strange since you went into a 5 year old tantrum not so long ago.

You've been trying to discredit me from day one. This is just your way to go open that door again.

Wasn't it typical mafia behavior to skim texts and twist what has been said?
radwulf wrote:
It is very obvious that having a high temperature can be equated to being infected with the virus.
No one talks about a high temperature. No one. What did radwulf say again?
radwulf wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:08 pm
I targetted ADELA on night 1. Her temperature was normal.
I targetted JOESATRI on night 2. His temperature was higher than normal.
Higher than normal. Want to know what causes an elevated temperature? A baby getting teeth. Are you calling getting teeth an infection? However let's not mock you.

Want to know what else causes elevated temperatures? Being to warmly dressed. Joe was called away. Maybe he dressed warmly for where he was going. Only that resulted in an elevated temperature inside. What doesn't mean he has an infection.

Want to know what else causes elevated temperatures? A workout. Maybe Joe was still all heated up from smashing down someone skull with a hammer.

So want to dismiss me again from thinking outside the box? Or maybe you can be certain of the infection, because you caused it.
How the heck am I narrowing the game down by claiming that there might be more than the typical two factions? I'd say it's the complete opposite.

I am not dismissing you for thinking outside the box. In fact, I am not dismissing you at all. I believe you have very good reasons to discredit radwulf's NTA. Perhaps because you have an elevated temperature yourself.

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

Sander, your attempt to spin the fever into something (anything) else other than infection with the virus in a Coronavirus-themed game feels like desperation to me. Minor quibble: in your last post you put my name over a quote from zero.

Emily, if Joesatri is infectious mafia (SCENARIO A or C), the moment he was exposed as feverish he knew he was doomed. He could then come up with this ploy to gain one more night in which to execute a night time ability. Plus (under SCENARIO A) he also attempted to save fellow infected NONI by separating the fever/infection from the feeling ill/voting restriction. Then who knows what excuse or story change he might come up with tomorrow, making us waste yet more time on him.

People who play strategy games like chess and go (but not only) might easily recognize the opportunity to score an easy gain (removing the ability of a mafioso to act tonight and potential for immediate info and clarity) with very little downside.

Heffie
Reactions:

Post by Heffie »

Guys, people don't go from normal temperatures to high from wearing winter clothes and this game's premise isn't "find and lynch the kids before their baby teeth fall out" but maybe now it'll make the mod's list of future game themes.

Joesatri, if you are pro-town and care about its fate, you wouldn't remain silent whilst you're about to be insta lynched and not giving us your last bit of info.

Emilly
Reactions:

Post by Emilly »

Heffie, joesatri said that his second target also left the room. And then he voted behemoth.
I think @behemoth schould come with a role.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

radwulf wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:20 pm
Sander, your attempt to spin the fever into something (anything) else other than infection with the virus in a Coronavirus-themed game feels like desperation to me. Minor quibble: in your last post you put my name over a quote from zero.

Emily, if Joesatri is infectious mafia (SCENARIO A or C), the moment he was exposed as feverish he knew he was doomed. He could then come up with this ploy to gain one more night in which to execute a night time ability. Plus (under SCENARIO A) he also attempted to save fellow infected NONI by separating the fever/infection from the feeling ill/voting restriction. Then who knows what excuse or story change he might come up with tomorrow, making us waste yet more time on him.

People who play strategy games like chess and go (but not only) might easily recognize the opportunity to score an easy gain (removing the ability of a mafioso to act tonight and potential for immediate info and clarity) with very little downside.
Save me from what?

I'm not infected, I have my email from daemon and it is food poisoning and that is it. It blocks me from voting on that day.

The fever he has I believe must have to do with night 2 (cleaning order?) and not day 1.

Sander
Reactions:

Post by Sander »

Heffie wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:39 pm
Guys, people don't go from normal temperatures to high
It’s not high. It’s higher than normal. If you mock the teeth and the clothes, fine. I can understand that. But a workout can elevate your temperature. Smashing someone his skull counts as a workout for me.

Vote Joesatri

If he turns out to be Mafia, my elevated temperature theory makes sense.

And Radwulf, I’m not desperate at all. If I’m desperate I’d suicide.

joesatri
Reactions:

Post by joesatri »

I think it's "funny" how real life Coronavirus can actually affect this game. Funny in a dark humour way.

Heffie, relax, I am not gonna be lynched.

EC, went under the radar?

joesatri
Reactions:

Post by joesatri »

Sander wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:29 pm
Heffie wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:39 pm
Guys, people don't go from normal temperatures to high
It’s not high. It’s higher than normal. If you mock the teeth and the clothes, fine. I can understand that. But a workout can elevate your temperature. Smashing someone his skull counts as a workout for me.

Vote Joesatri

If he turns out to be Mafia, my elevated temperature theory makes sense.

And Radwulf, I’m not desperate at all. If I’m desperate I’d suicide.
I was infected during N2. Not related to food poison.

Mary
Reactions:

Post by Mary »

2020 definitely isn't the year of the security guards, geez. From the story, my instinct was that they were pro-town, but who knows at this point.

I don't think @joesatri is mafia, how much he has been targeted suggests that the mafia wants to get rid of him, as he appeared to be trustworthy from day 1. It would be a very stupid strategy for him to say he has a day to live and then surprise surprise, not actually dying. Why would we lynch a dead man?! @radwulf I'm sorry but pushing for this is making you look suspicious.

I'm going to back Joe, while he is around at least. It seems the more sensible course of action at present.

vote behemoth you have the floor.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

@Sander how do you go from post 774 to post 783 like that?!
Why?

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

You know what is weird? That @radwulf didn't investigate his arch enemy @EscapedConvict .
The one he wanted to get instant lynched like he wants to do with @joesatri now.

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand this line of reasoning. Must be because some of you have a role that demands you pretend not to understand.

A temperature reading ability in this game only makes sense as a cop-type role. If I detect fever, the simplest explanation (Occam's razor) is that person is infectious-mafia member. So Joesatri is probably mafia. After his fever was revealed, he came up with a rather incoherent and hard to believe explanation, and he even went back and changed it after our initial reactions. Note how he didn't drop the slightest hint about his health condition before I revealed it.

If Joesatri is mafia and made-up a story designed precisely to obtain another night, it must be because he has a specific tactical reason for it. Some night ability. It is the exercise of that ability that I want to deny him, at no cost to the town, IF a majority of us mobilizes and votes for him now.

To recap: in a Coronavirus game a cop-type got a dirty read on him. He came up with a story (imminent death) designed to obtain another night. Let's deny him that night (and potentially gain more info and clarity) because it only costs us a few hours of game play, leaving us another 24 hours of activity.

As for why I chose Joesatri in night 2, I made that very clear. I thought it critical to establish if his feeling ill was due to being infected (under the SCENARIO A, 1-person, expanding infectious mafia clan). EC's behavior and voting patterns look more like Security to me.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Sheesh, you don't read the posts one day and ta-da, a zillion messages. We still have time to Lynch @joesatri before day 2 ends. And we can do that, if we really see fit, but first let's get some Intel on @behemoth.
I'm voting for him as a nudge and based on what he has to say I'll change it after vote behemoth

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Emilly wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:57 pm
Heffie, joesatri said that his second target also left the room. And then he voted behemoth.
I think @behemoth schould come with a role.
On second thought, if @radwulf is right about @joesatri having an "evil" ploy, joesatri might just try to get us all to focus on @behemoth and vote for him instead. Regardless, behemoth is not participating enough, so there is a point in voting for him, at least for now.

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

Behemoth is my sister. She is actively working and moved house very recently. I don't know if that's the reason why she is not very active (I don't discuss the game at all outside of the thread, of course). When she did post I felt she did so carefully and logically, but I believe her quite capable of playing that way as mafia. The fact that she defended me against baseless accusations (from my point of view) and the fact that she has been targeted by people who I believe are more likely than not scum make her less worthy of scrutiny right now than other inactives; again, from where I stand.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

This is getting out of hand.

People voting for Joesatri when obviously he got infected by the villans in this game, whomever they might be.

How can Joe be mafia? He was stopped from voting (a condition confirmed by Noni as well). Voting is a townie weapon so logic dictates Joe and Noni are townies.

This is ridiculous and y'all (some) are falling to radwulf's carefully crafted false narratives.

First he is spinning ridiculous theories that the security guards might be scum, after spearheading the Moxy lynch party and then the following day we get a clear confirmation by the death of another security guy that they were the good guys.
And now this whole convoluted scenario that Joe (and implicitly Noni) are scum.

I'd stick with facts and get rid of radwulf.

After all wasn't radwulf the one that said earlier in the game that mafia always have to re-invent themselves and find new and innovative ways of twisting the truth and creating havoc in their desperate pursuit to to bend logic amd lynch townies?
(something like that anyways. couldn't find the exact quote right now)

My mind is made up and my vote stays on radwulf.

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

First of all, sorry to hear from your troubles Trigardon. All the best.

Concerning the game I get really upset if people come up again and again with this stupid Security Team is bad faction theory. Come on guys, Moxy played it first day weird, however the 2nd night killing being a member of the Security Team makes it crystal clear that they are not the bad guys. Furthermore my statement concerning the game setup and our mod from day one is still valid.

Then there is this second side-track, most likely created by people to distract even more, where we go for Joeastri. Why should we do that? By all means, if he is dead after this day then we should still keep him here so that he can vote for someone till the end of the day. The most powerful weapon as a townie is voting. If we kill him, then he cannot vote today anymore and its easier for Mafia to stale us ...

So I would've have done as a next step exactly the same, going for the totally inactive players. I see that you started with a vote on behemoth so I will follow on that for now.
vote behemoth

SilveXtru
Reactions:

Post by SilveXtru »

After what happened to Trigardon I'll move next to the most dangerous suspect so far: mr. radwulf.

1. He was so vehemently sure Moxy was mafia so he insisted on lynching him. (tend to incline now Moxy was a townie role),

radwulf wrote:I visited Siderite's blog. He seems to be a very articulate guy, and he has posted 3 times on his blog in the last week or so.
Like I said, not an argument, bringing something from outside the game just to accuse someone.

3. Target Adela in first night in a game with at least 10 veterans ? I mean come on, this is a solid argument for me.

4. Not reacting to any of my previous accusations towards him and now trying to lynch joesatri who has a high chance of dying today.

I mean we are talking about the founder of the first mafia forum, the one and only radwulf.
radwulf is a dangerous scum and I don't believe his role, maybe his NTA is true but not his "townie role"

vote radwulf

Siderite
Reactions:

Post by Siderite »

SilveXtru wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:03 am
Like I said, not an argument, bringing something from outside the game just to accuse someone.
I mean we are talking about the founder of the first mafia forum, the one and only radwulf.
Why are the things that have no death the ones with neither sight nor breath?

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Based on the way Daemon is describing it in his posts , it seems that the security team is not mafia. So this whole idea radwulf is pushing on us seems a bit sketchy and the idea to vote for Joe is premature and not worth it now, we need to get some very clear info from him before he goes....

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Siderite wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:24 am
SilveXtru wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:03 am
Why are the things that have no death the ones with neither sight nor breath?
Also we need to do something about Mr. Poet over here :lol: , he keeps saying jibberish and we ignore him, cause he is making no sense anyways and we apparently think "we have bigger fish to fry". But what if his role is something more than one to bring confusion?

edited typo

joesatri
Reactions:

Post by joesatri »

Noni wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:53 pm
You know what is weird? That @radwulf didn't investigate his arch enemy @EscapedConvict .
The one he wanted to get instant lynched like he wants to do with @joesatri now.
Very good point Noni!
radwulf wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:29 pm
I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand this line of reasoning. Must be because some of you have a role that demands you pretend not to understand.

A temperature reading ability in this game only makes sense as a cop-type role. If I detect fever, the simplest explanation (Occam's razor) is that person is infectious-mafia member. So Joesatri is probably mafia. After his fever was revealed, he came up with a rather incoherent and hard to believe explanation, and he even went back and changed it after our initial reactions. Note how he didn't drop the slightest hint about his health condition before I revealed it.

If Joesatri is mafia and made-up a story designed precisely to obtain another night, it must be because he has a specific tactical reason for it. Some night ability. It is the exercise of that ability that I want to deny him, at no cost to the town, IF a majority of us mobilizes and votes for him now.

To recap: in a Coronavirus game a cop-type got a dirty read on him. He came up with a story (imminent death) designed to obtain another night. Let's deny him that night (and potentially gain more info and clarity) because it only costs us a few hours of game play, leaving us another 24 hours of activity.

As for why I chose Joesatri in night 2, I made that very clear. I thought it critical to establish if his feeling ill was due to being infected (under the SCENARIO A, 1-person, expanding infectious mafia clan). EC's behavior and voting patterns look more like Security to me.
Crap logic radwulf. Fever DOES NOT equal mafia.
I did not want to share what i know (that you were out of the room, and that the other target was out of the room), because i did NOT want to help a possible scum take my facts and use them to his/her advantage.

Also, to recap, you're NOT a cop. You're a nurse. You also said, in your role description, you know there is a doctor.
How could you even think that your role is a cop-type role, when your role is somewhat linked to a real DOCTOR ????

Radwulf, you are starting to smell like a scum to me.

Although it's late, and this is the last day, i have to do what i feel is right. Your claim that you have a cop-type role, when you clearly said that in your role description you have a reference to a doctor, is to cherry on top.

unvote behemoth
vote radwulf

Sander
Reactions:

Post by Sander »

Noni wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:50 pm
@Sander how do you go from post 774 to post 783 like that?!
Why?
I regretted doing that the moment I posted it. I hoped all of you would have not posted until I woke up. So that I could quote myself and tell you to disregard that.

I've been a victim of my own doing. I was so burnt on trying to think outside of the box, that I couldn't think clear anymore. Though I still believe that a higher temperature can have different meaning, it's clear that it is bullshit in this game. Joe even admitted that he is infected. So, yeah, real life Sander wanted to prove something and lost sight of all meaning.

Okay, and now the strangest thing ever. I've been skeptical of Radwulf from day one. I haven't trusted him one single bit and I do believe his aggressive playing style is the reason that a townsfolk got lynched. It's his play style that makes me think he was scum. However, radwulf says he reads temperature and Joe comes with an explanation of why he has an elevated temperature. In exactly that order. And I will trust radwulf above Joe for the following reason.

N1: Joe is targeted and can't vote.
D1: Joe only states that he can't vote.
N2: Joe has cleaning and is called away
N2: Noni has food poisoning
D2: Joe states he will die, unless the healer would have targeted him in N2, directed from the infection of N1
D2: Noni, points out that is weird because it talks about a food poisoning and nothing else.
D2: Joe adjusts his story and says it has nothing to do with N1 but with N2 and that he will definitely die.

How the hell can Joe know that his temperature is elevated if there is no direct communication about it. He has got to know something that he is not sharing. Noni clearly states it says nothing about an infection. So what infected him, and how does Joe know about?

I know some think the cleaning crew are the evil doers. However, you have convinced me to think corona wise. Cleaning and hygiene is what saves people at the moment. If his room was disinfected, he would have not gotten the virus there. We know he got called away, but I would find it strange that the one who infects people, would call people to his office to do it. Though that could work well the idea of the cleaning crew. The cleaning crew cleans everything while the target is send to a place to be infected. But I find that to far fetched. That would also suggest two people need to use their NTA.

Radwulf, what I do find strange, is that you are apparently the cop and the back up doctor. Could you be more important.