Mafia 1 - The CROWN - GAME OVER!

Guilt is a numbers game.
Locked
User avatar
Bombaclaat
Reactions:
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:20 pm

#2601

Post by Bombaclaat »

vote Heffie

With apprehension and with the deep suspicion that this is a mafia ploy.

Edit: remived scolding skuggi my mistake
Last edited by Bombaclaat on Sun May 03, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Noni
Reactions:
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 pm

#2602

Post by Noni »

Gridfon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:30 am
Noni wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:20 am
- the are so many fields a researcher could work in. Why microbiology for both clemens and heffie (remember we are assuming heffie is telling the truth)
My role also says that I'm a microbiologist, and physiological processes is a sub-type of that, which I'm an expert in. The main story also tells us it's a microbiology research facility over here. I think it's very likely that every (most?) researcher's roles indicate they deal with microbiology.
Sorry i read your post after I posted mine and I realise you mentioned they are all sub categories of microbiology (which I didn't realise)

User avatar
Noni
Reactions:
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 pm

#2603

Post by Noni »

Bombaclaat wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:31 am
vote Heffie

With apprehension and with the deep suspicion that this is a mafia ploy.

Edit: remived scolding skuggi my mistake
Removed scolding skuggi by mistake :))))

Gridfon
Reactions:
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm

#2604

Post by Gridfon »

Gridfon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:09 am
Researchers:
* expert in bio-warfare - Adela (dead)
* expert in genetics - Emilly (infected, dead)
* expert in physiological processes - Gridfon (#1138)
* expert in ??? - Clemens (#1207)
* expert in virology - valli (#1948)
* expert in environmental microbiology - Heffie (#2551)

It has been increasingly clear that we have many Researchers around, and each is an expert in something. Clemens is the only one who did not claim any expertise (microbiology is not one, we're all different sub-types of microbiology researchers). Him being able to do that would have helped a lot, but he's away now and I don't want to dwell on it much longer.
Just to be clear, because I think I phrased everything in a misleading way. This post was the first time I claimed my own expertise (and as such, cannot accuse Clemens in not having declared his expertise). The research expertise is a fluff part of our roles, so I thought it was insignificant at the time I originally declared my own role. It was only today that I realized this fluff matters.

Rene
Reactions:
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:36 pm

#2605

Post by Rene »

Noni wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:20 am
- the are so many fields a researcher could work in. Why microbiology for both clemens and heffie (remember we are assuming heffie is telling the truth)
Even I'm a microbiologist. And the best one at it given my role description. How do you guys not know someone that famous does boggle my mind. Anyways, majority of the researchers here are studying microbiology, if not all. Virology is also a sub-branch of microbiology, by the way. So add Valli to the train.
Noni wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:27 am
Can you do it for anyone or when the votes are on you? This doesn't change anything it's just my curiosity cause I've never known about this role
I am well aware, and this isn't the first time you are asking for it either. It actually changes a lot of things if you think about it. I'm inclined to give it an answer, but I don't want to cause more distraction for now. So you'll have to excuse me for a few hours further.

User avatar
Bombaclaat
Reactions:
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:20 pm

#2606

Post by Bombaclaat »

Noni wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:36 am
Bombaclaat wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:31 am
vote Heffie

With apprehension and with the deep suspicion that this is a mafia ploy.

Edit: remived scolding skuggi my mistake
Removed scolding skuggi by mistake :))))
Working and I hate phones. :*)

User avatar
Noni
Reactions:
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 pm

#2607

Post by Noni »

Rene wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:40 am
Noni wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:20 am
- the are so many fields a researcher could work in. Why microbiology for both clemens and heffie (remember we are assuming heffie is telling the truth)
Even I'm a microbiologist. And the best one at it given my role description. How do you guys not know someone that famous does boggle my mind. Anyways, majority of the researchers here are studying microbiology, if not all. Virology is also a sub-branch of microbiology, by the way. So add Valli to the train.
Noni wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:27 am
Can you do it for anyone or when the votes are on you? This doesn't change anything it's just my curiosity cause I've never known about this role
I am well aware, and this isn't the first time you are asking for it either. It actually changes a lot of things if you think about it. I'm inclined to give it an answer, but I don't want to cause more distraction for now. So you'll have to excuse me for a few hours further.
I'm thinking if you can do it for someone else too and you have limited times you can do it (maybe only once) , we should not waste it.

User avatar
Daemon
Site Admin
Reactions:
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:39 pm

#2608

Post by Daemon »

Image

After a frantic yesterday, with cryo tubes being filled relentlessly, a somewhat ponderous today was shaping up to be little more than a reprieve. Things started to heat up towards the end, when Heffie caught the most eyes, figuratively speaking, because usually, she catches bugs. Really tiny ones. No matter. She was grabbed from her room and promptly disposed of in a corner cryo pod. Afterwards, the angry scientific peers investigated her NewronComm inbox and there they were, anonymous messages matching the dates she had claimed, but set up with self-erasing contents upon being opened. Much to their surprise, there was one such message that was not yet read, although it was flagged as "important" and its self-erase deadline was due hours ago. They rushed to open it. It read: "We will win together. We need to vote strong. Follow our lead and let's fight for the greater good. Love, ################### and ###################." The names had been redacted by the software, which moments later, erased it altogether, under many pairs of shocked eyes.

Heffie (Coerced Environmental Microbiology Researcher) is put in cryo-stasis.

7 Heffie: Gridfon, behemoth, Clemens, Sander, Noni, Skuggi, Bombaclaat
2 Rene: MrWaffles, zero
1 Clemens: Heffie

DAY 4 continues, until Sunday, May 3rd, 20:15 GMT/UTC
There are 12 players remaining. 7 votes required for instant lynch and no lynch, 4 votes required for deadline lynch.

User avatar
Bombaclaat
Reactions:
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:20 pm

#2609

Post by Bombaclaat »

So Heffie was telling the truth... Oopsie...

User avatar
Noni
Reactions:
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 pm

#2610

Post by Noni »

Bombaclaat wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:17 am
So Heffie was telling the truth... Oopsie...
VERY IMPORTANT CLUE FROM DAEMON : TWO MARIA LEFT?

User avatar
Noni
Reactions:
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 pm

#2611

Post by Noni »

Also why was the last message unread?

Rene
Reactions:
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:36 pm

#2612

Post by Rene »

Okay so that last message doesn't really sound like a blackmail message. It sounds more like a message that Heffie was supposed win when Mafia wins. But yeah, all in all, she seems to have told us the truth about the coercion story.

Edit: +Along with the role name.

MrWaffles
Reactions:
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:08 pm

#2613

Post by MrWaffles »

Daemon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:12 am
"We will win together. We need to vote strong. Follow our lead and let's fight for the greater good. Love, ################### and ###################." The name had been redacted by the software, which moments later, erased it altogether, under many pairs of shocked eyes.
Hey guys,

I don't know what to say about this, but it confirms at least that she received messages, was a Microbiology Researcher, and was coerced.

However, it also sounds like Heffie was still part of the Mafia. "We will win together" does not sound like they viewed her as disposable or townie or thought she had betrayed them (like in the Emilly vote). Maybe that's just a way of trying to convince her to help them, but I assumed the message would be more threatening if she was not part of the team and was afraid for her life.

Should we check who has voted for whom today? If Heffie voted for someone after someone else then that could be a clue. However, the message is unopened, so maybe she did not know what was sent. Or maybe she sees these messages the next day or something.

-MrWaffles

Gridfon
Reactions:
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm

#2614

Post by Gridfon »

Daemon wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:28 pm
Perhaps the greater good was too important to look after his own good.
radwulf wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:42 pm
Now that the two most suspicious people were voted off and turned out to be Security, they're looking more and more like a mafia faction. Note that Trigardon's role claim did not even mention a night time ability. Also, his death story leaves more room for this interpretation: their mission to liquidate us may be compatible with the "greater good".
Daemon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:12 am
"We will win together. We need to vote strong. Follow our lead and let's fight for the greater good. Love, ################### and ###################."
Is there any connection between these?

User avatar
Noni
Reactions:
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 pm

#2615

Post by Noni »

Gridfon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:34 am
Daemon wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:28 pm
Perhaps the greater good was too important to look after his own good.
radwulf wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:42 pm
Now that the two most suspicious people were voted off and turned out to be Security, they're looking more and more like a mafia faction. Note that Trigardon's role claim did not even mention a night time ability. Also, his death story leaves more room for this interpretation: their mission to liquidate us may be compatible with the "greater good".
Daemon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:12 am
"We will win together. We need to vote strong. Follow our lead and let's fight for the greater good. Love, ################### and ###################."
Is there any connection between these?
Can you pls spell it out? I'm not seeing it :)

Sander
Reactions:
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:50 pm

#2616

Post by Sander »

Noni wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:18 am
Bombaclaat wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:17 am
So Heffie was telling the truth... Oopsie...
VERY IMPORTANT CLUE FROM DAEMON : TWO MARIA LEFT?
Not necessarily. It can mean that Heffie was in contact with two mafia other than the person she was forced to take care off. Who could come near a sick person without getting sick himself? Right we have one who could pull that off. Guess who. It was likely he, who would be mafia if Heffie was town.
vote Clemens

Gridfon
Reactions:
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm

#2617

Post by Gridfon »

Noni wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:35 am
Gridfon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:34 am
Daemon wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:28 pm
Perhaps the greater good was too important to look after his own good.
radwulf wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:42 pm
Now that the two most suspicious people were voted off and turned out to be Security, they're looking more and more like a mafia faction. Note that Trigardon's role claim did not even mention a night time ability. Also, his death story leaves more room for this interpretation: their mission to liquidate us may be compatible with the "greater good".
Daemon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:12 am
"We will win together. We need to vote strong. Follow our lead and let's fight for the greater good. Love, ################### and ###################."
Is there any connection between these?
Can you pls spell it out? I'm not seeing it :)
When Daemon mentioned the greater good upon lynching Trigardon, that caused radwulf to dwell on the wording, specifically what "greater good" means. Now we have mafia discuss the greater good, again.

It is likely irrelevant to anything.

Gridfon
Reactions:
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm

#2618

Post by Gridfon »

Gridfon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:39 am
When Daemon mentioned the greater good upon lynching Trigardon, that caused radwulf to dwell on the wording, specifically what "greater good" means. Now we have mafia discuss the greater good, again.

It is likely irrelevant to anything.
I mean, may be Daemon just ran out of spare phrases still available in his vocabulary. ;)

MrWaffles
Reactions:
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:08 pm

#2619

Post by MrWaffles »

MrWaffles wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:28 am
Should we check who has voted for whom today? If Heffie voted for someone after someone else then that could be a clue. However, the message is unopened, so maybe she did not know what was sent. Or maybe she sees these messages the next day or something.
Hey, I believe Heffie's only vote was #2453 where she was the first one to vote for Clemens. So whatever the plan was, I feel it did not go forward.

-MrWaffles

User avatar
Noni
Reactions:
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 pm

#2620

Post by Noni »

Gridfon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:42 am
Gridfon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:39 am
When Daemon mentioned the greater good upon lynching Trigardon, that caused radwulf to dwell on the wording, specifically what "greater good" means. Now we have mafia discuss the greater good, again.

It is likely irrelevant to anything.
I mean, may be Daemon just ran out of spare phrases still available in his vocabulary. ;)
But that message was from mafia not daemon. It's weird that mafia assume they are working for the greater good. If heffie didn't confirm it was Emily blackmailing her I would have suspected one of the crazies after reading that message

User avatar
Noni
Reactions:
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 pm

#2621

Post by Noni »

@Clemens are you still claiming that your role is the only generic microbiology researcher when everyone else has a more definite subcategory?
Excluding rene who is chief of.

User avatar
phox
Reactions:
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:05 pm
Location: Norway

#2622

Post by phox »

Gridfon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:39 am
Noni wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:35 am
Gridfon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:34 am






Is there any connection between these?
Can you pls spell it out? I'm not seeing it :)
When Daemon mentioned the greater good upon lynching Trigardon, that caused radwulf to dwell on the wording, specifically what "greater good" means. Now we have mafia discuss the greater good, again.

It is likely irrelevant to anything.
@Heffie kept being very clear that she believes security was on the bad side.

Skuggi
Reactions:
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:00 pm

#2623

Post by Skuggi »

It does look like @Heffie told the truth about the name of her role and how she was came to be coerced by the mafia. I am still unsure of whether she told the truth about having no NTA or other abilities. Furthermore, it is not clear that she was free from the mafia with Emilly's death or not. Heffie claimed that nobody else knew about her:
Heffie wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:07 pm
On N4 Daemon informed me that Emily was patient 0 and that I was free from threats of potential death and that no one else knew about my existence.
But as @MrWaffles points out, the message does paint a different picture.
MrWaffles wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:28 am
However, it also sounds like Heffie was still part of the Mafia. "We will win together" does not sound like they viewed her as disposable or townie or thought she had betrayed them (like in the Emilly vote). Maybe that's just a way of trying to convince her to help them, but I assumed the message would be more threatening if she was not part of the team and was afraid for her life.

User avatar
Noni
Reactions:
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 pm

#2624

Post by Noni »

I find it hard to believe that Emily would not share with the rest of the Mafia any info she had regarding heffie.

The fact that the last message was unread seems to confirm heffies story about Emily's death.

MrWaffles
Reactions:
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:08 pm

#2625

Post by MrWaffles »

Sorry, forgot to do this after vote reset. Vote Rene because I believe I still have to (due to phox's NTA)

zero
Reactions:
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:59 pm

#2626

Post by zero »

Ok, I managed to read all posts. @Heffie's role and revelations seemed to be confirmed in part by @Daemon and it looks like she refused to take orders any longer (unread email) so perhaps the mob wanted to make sure there are no lose ends.

Code: Select all

7 Heffie: Gridfon, behemoth, Clemens, Sander, Noni, Skuggi, Bombaclaat
There's probably at least one mob member in this list and let's not forget @Rene who has been playing the role of instigator to perfection.

I propose we instant lynch @Rene NOW. The guy is obviously lying, there are no DTAs and it's all just complete and utter tosh. I was surprised to come back this morning and see that he managed to convince all of you to lynch him last. I mean, think about it, what if the mafia are very close to gain numerical advantage and his whole tactic is to make sure he gets to stay alive until the very end of the day just in case we lynch a few more townies today and we are as a result unable to lynch him anymore because there's parity between townies and mafia or even worse, the latter obtain majority.

Have we not learned ANYTHING from @Mary and to a certain extent @Nanaa? In the case of @Mary I kept telling you that we should lynch her first but was constantly ignored to the point where @Emily nearly convinced you to let her live another day so that she can "investigate" her. Again, the same strategy of a fictitious NTA was employed. In terms of @Nanaa, we can tell by @Daemon's story that the lunatics were/are dangerous and can/will turn to violence at some point.

Moreover, if @Rene turns out to be who he says he is (which he won't) and has the DTA he claims to (which he hasn't), we go straight to night which allows @Gridfon and @valli to investigate the remaining players including myself. This should help us make a more informed decision tomorrow since we gain more information even if both of their investigations reveal that their targets are clean as we can simply exclude them from the list of suspects and put pressure on the players that have not been investigated. Moreover, due to the delay in deaths, even if one of them are targeted tonight, they will still be alive tomorrow to tell us the results of their investigation.

With regards to @Clemens, something has been bugging me over the last few days. First of all, why did @Emily try to give him a cheap alibi by claiming to have investigated him in N3? I know that she later raised the prospect that @Clemens was perhaps Godfather but that could well have been just a diversion in order to make sure that they don't seem too friendly with each other. She then makes an unforced error by claiming to have investigated @radwulf in N1 which is discovered and raised first by @Clemens. I was wondering though, @Clemens seems like a clever guy, what if he knew full well that emily's error would be spotted by either @Gridfon and @Princess.ruxi anyway since the two were constantly keeping tabs on all NTAs or the very least by @Noni with whom it contradicted directly. As a result, he decided that the best course of action is to "feed her to the wolves" since she was pretty much doomed anyway while also obtaining a very solid alibi in the process. I mean, this would perhaps explain to a certain extent emily's cry of betrayal since she tried to offer @Clemens an alibi and protect @Mary from the lynch only to be thrown under the bus by him. I also cannot forget that @Clemens refused to get rid of @Mary first even though he keeps claiming otherwise today.

HOWEVER, what if my theory is completely wrong and we lynch @Clemens now only to find out he is a townie? That's why I suggest we do what we should have done in the first place and vote for the MOST obvious scum FIRST (i.e., @Rene). If @Rene lied and he gets instant lynched, we can deal with @Clemens today as well since he was the main proponent of leaving @Rene alive until later. If @Rene is telling the truth, not only will I stop playing mafia games moderated by @Daemon because the whole concept of a DTA let alone one that completely annuls votes is bollocks but will succumb to @Rene's superior intellect tomorrow and only vote for whomever he tells me to.

Anyway, I will vote Rene and I hope all townies will follow my lead as well.

User avatar
Bombaclaat
Reactions:
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:20 pm

#2627

Post by Bombaclaat »

vote Rene

Let's get this over with.

User avatar
phox
Reactions:
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:05 pm
Location: Norway

#2628

Post by phox »

vote Rene with my biggest pleasure. you have been making no sense, posting frantically without any substance just to confuse people , you were just blabbing around the whole day and the cherry on top : you are the most arrogant player I have seen in this entire game, who hasn't been contributing at all until D4 :)

MrWaffles
Reactions:
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:08 pm

#2629

Post by MrWaffles »

Hey guys,

I don't think we should lynch @Rene before the allotted time when he said he'll use his DTA. If the Mafia has not made any moves so far, it means they still don't have a majority. If we're not doing anything for the rest of the day, we can just wait until 18:00 as agreed, right? That at least gives Rene the chance to show off his ability if he has one. If he's lying, he'll die anyway.

-MrWaffles

User avatar
phox
Reactions:
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:05 pm
Location: Norway

#2630

Post by phox »

I don't know @MrWaffles , to me it seems rene is only stalling and making us waste more time, he has been the little puppet of clemens in my eyes, and he has been pretending to be useful along the way when in fact, he was just going on a ranting spree with little substance.

Anyways, for now I will focus my attention on reading all of daemon' s posts to see if I can find any useful clues we have overlooked. I have made a huge doc with all of his posts in chronological order, if anyone wants to review it as well, tell me and I'll post it here.

Rene
Reactions:
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:36 pm

#2631

Post by Rene »

zero wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:58 pm
I propose we instant lynch @Rene NOW. The guy is obviously lying, there are no DTAs and it's all just complete and utter tosh. I was surprised to come back this morning and see that he managed to convince all of you to lynch him last. I mean, think about it, what if the mafia are very close to gain numerical advantage and his whole tactic is to make sure he gets to stay alive until the very end of the day just in case we lynch a few more townies today and we are as a result unable to lynch him anymore because there's parity between townies and mafia or even worse, the latter obtain majority.
That's just stupid. Because I am either using my DTA or dying, there's no other way around. This argument is exactly why I didn't take up on @Noni's offer that saving my DTA for another turn might be useful to the town. It'll never be more beneficial then using it this turn. Even if it's a one off ability, to prove that I'm honest. Because I KNOW people like you will keep going after me no matter what.
zero wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:58 pm
Have we not learned ANYTHING from @Mary and to a certain extent @Nanaa? In the case of @Mary I kept telling you that we should lynch her first but was constantly ignored to the point where @Emily nearly convinced you to let her live another day so that she can "investigate" her. Again, the same strategy of a fictitious NTA was employed. In terms of @Nanaa, we can tell by @Daemon's story that the lunatics were/are dangerous and can/will turn to violence at some point.
I do not ask for the town's grace to GET to the night. That's a big distinction. I left it to everyone else to decide when they want it and how they want it.

But I don't want to live without giving anything in return, unlike your accusations, zero. And do you know what will happen when we get to the night? I'll %99 die. Because our town protector is dying when the day is over and I'm the biggest potential threat during daytime since I can dominate all discussions whether with the night threats/bluffs/my proven ability.

Mafia will kill me. And they have to kill me at night, sooner better than later in order for them to win this game.
zero wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:58 pm
Moreover, if @Rene turns out to be who he says he is (which he won't) and has the DTA he claims to (which he hasn't), we go straight to night which allows @Gridfon and @valli to investigate the remaining players including myself. This should help us make a more informed decision tomorrow since we gain more information even if both of their investigations reveal that their targets are clean as we can simply exclude them from the list of suspects and put pressure on the players that have not been investigated. Moreover, due to the delay in deaths, even if one of them are targeted tonight, they will still be alive tomorrow to tell us the results of their investigation.
So you just want us to enter the night IMMEDIATELY, without looking more into @Bombaclaat. With his perfect NTA claims and defense. Yeah, makes a lot of sense for the town. Got it. Very reasonable argument.
zero wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:58 pm
If @Rene is telling the truth, not only will I stop playing mafia games moderated by @Daemon because the whole concept of a DTA let alone one that completely annuls votes is bollocks but will succumb to @Rene's superior intellect tomorrow and only vote for whomever he tells me to.
I know I called @Sander all kinds of things already, but it seems like I was a bit early to not reserve that remark for another.

Bombaclaat wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:05 pm
vote Rene

Let's get this over with.
I don't think you're getting away from all the attention, this easily.

phox wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:11 pm
vote Rene with my biggest pleasure. you have been making no sense, posting frantically without any substance just to confuse people , you were just blabbing around the whole day and the cherry on top : you are the most arrogant player I have seen in this entire game, who hasn't been contributing at all until D4 :)
Yeah, another post from phox to me that's just false from start to finish. I was very active on Day 1. I participated on all lynches on D2 and expressed regret. I offered logical explanations whenever I could. But it's just nonsense and blabbing to someone who doesn't even bother putting time into understanding them. Yeah, understandable. Go for it.

Rene
Reactions:
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:36 pm

#2632

Post by Rene »

This shift of attention towards me is either unbelievably suspicious, or foolish that you three are outing yourself. I'm ALREADY GETTING LYNCHED TODAY and I'm not asking for a way out from you.

User avatar
phox
Reactions:
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:05 pm
Location: Norway

#2633

Post by phox »

Mafia will kill me. And they have to kill me at night, sooner better than later in order for them to win this game.
I don't get this enormous importance you are boasting about :lol: Gridfon is far more important than you for example. Who cares about the dude that has the ability to end the day sooner? In my opinion it's in mafia's interest to let you end the day sooner, hence you are an asset to mafia, not a threat.

So tell me @Rene , why would mafia wanna get rid of you first , of all people?

User avatar
phox
Reactions:
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:05 pm
Location: Norway

#2634

Post by phox »

Rene wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:26 pm
This shift of attention towards me is either unbelievably suspicious, or foolish that you three are outing yourself. I'm ALREADY GETTING LYNCHED TODAY and I'm not asking for a way out from you.
you are asking us to possibly lynch more townies so that mafia (aka you) can get majority before you get lynched.

Clemens
Reactions:
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 pm

#2635

Post by Clemens »

I'm back home and catching up the rest.
Gridfon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:19 am
I am personally waiting for Clemens to get online, and I really want to have him here before lynching Heffie.
I might even consider temporarily unvoting Heffie so I can hear more from Clemens first.
Skuggi wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:56 am
However, it is probably a good idea to wait for Clemens, so I will wait to cast my vote.
Sorry, very bad time for all this activity - I had plans made well in advance for this time slot.
I had hoped the town would wake up the last two days when I'm less busy, but we wasted the day(s) away instead.
valli wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 7:08 am
@Clemens @Heffie does your roles indicate that you work in a team of researcher around the topic of microbiology?
Yes, I'm one of CROWN's resident microbiology scientists.
Gridfon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:09 am
It has been increasingly clear that we have many Researchers around, and each is an expert in something. Clemens is the only one who did not claim any expertise (microbiology is not one, we're all different sub-types of microbiology researchers).
My expertise is in viral immunology, if that still matters.
Noni wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:20 am
- if he was the target of Mafia in night 1 that would explain the infection traces in his room however he also claimed he has an elevated temperature due to his medical condition. So he can't be killed by mafia at night but any type of investigation would make him suspicious and he'd be potentially lynched during the day. He does not have an NTA so this role is almost impossible to play without having to constantly fight for your life during the day.
Indeed; I stated this in my role claim already and have repeated explaining this many times.
My role is impossible to prove and at constant risk of being investigated.
It's not just the high temperature that is a problem; I've also stated multiple times that I am not immune to anything else.
And if you take a look at Skuggi's role (assuming it is true), you should understand what I mean.
Noni wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:20 am
- the detail about being immune to coronavirus due to already having the exact issues causing coronavirus seems like it's not a mistake daemon would make.
I am not immune to corona because of corona, I am immune because I've injected myself with a myriad of vaccines in desperate attempts to cure an entirely unrelated chronic infection I had in the past. The goal wasn't to become viral immune, it was to cure myself. My viral immunity is a positive side-effect from my past, whereas the negative consequence is my hyper-active immune system (from which the health issues come).
zero wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:58 pm
Have we not learned ANYTHING from @Mary and to a certain extent @Nanaa? In the case of @Mary I kept telling you that we should lynch her first but was constantly ignored to the point where @Emily nearly convinced you to let her live another day so that she can "investigate" her.
Actually, keeping them around longer made @Emilly try to defend her longer, even to the point of claiming a contradiction which allowed us to catch her. So this is a bad example, @zero.
MrWaffles wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:54 pm
Sorry, forgot to do this after vote reset. Vote Rene because I believe I still have to (due to phox's NTA)
Double-check with Daemon, this information may be valuable to know in the future.
zero wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:58 pm
With regards to @Clemens, something has been bugging me over the last few days. First of all, why did @Emily try to give him a cheap alibi by claiming to have investigated him in N3? I know that she later raised the prospect that @Clemens was perhaps Godfather but that could well have been just a diversion in order to make sure that they don't seem too friendly with each other. She then makes an unforced error by claiming to have investigated @radwulf in N1 which is discovered and raised first by @Clemens. I was wondering though, @Clemens seems like a clever guy, what if he knew full well that emily's error would be spotted by either @Gridfon and @Princess.ruxi anyway since the two were constantly keeping tabs on all NTAs or the very least by @Noni with whom it contradicted directly. As a result, he decided that the best course of action is to "feed her to the wolves" since she was pretty much doomed anyway while also obtaining a very solid alibi in the process. I mean, this would perhaps explain to a certain extent emily's cry of betrayal since she tried to offer @Clemens an alibi and protect @Mary from the lynch only to be thrown under the bus by him.
A good of a theory as any.
I'm not sure what her plan was; at first you'd think she was trying to get me on her side (like she did with @phox), but then she threw a cheap discredit attempt out as well - playing both sides.
@Gridfon investigated me and gained my trust, perhaps she was hoping the same would happen - after all, with my role, I would be desperate to have someone believe me and confirm my existence.
It was probably a lot more important to her to prove herself so she could continue claiming to investigate @Mary the next night, and using me (who she knew was telling the truth, after all) was the safest bet. I was not the priority, @Mary was.
And I do believe someone would have picked up on the contradiction sooner or later, but I was active at the time so there was no reason for me to let it go. Letting it go undetected would have been suspicious one way or another. This logic works both ways and is down to either believing me or doubting me according to my actions.
zero wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:58 pm
I also cannot forget that @Clemens refused to get rid of @Mary first even though he keeps claiming otherwise today.
I don't know what you mean, could you elaborate?

Rene
Reactions:
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:36 pm

#2636

Post by Rene »

phox wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:29 pm
Mafia will kill me. And they have to kill me at night, sooner better than later in order for them to win this game.
I don't get this enormous importance you are boasting about :lol: Gridfon is far more important than you for example. Who cares about the dude that has the ability to end the day sooner? In my opinion it's in mafia's interest to let you end the day sooner, hence you are an asset to mafia, not a threat.

So tell me @Rene , why would mafia wanna get rid of you first , of all people?
Because you're incapable of reading. I've given so many hints about it already. Do me a favor and start picking them up.
phox wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:30 pm
Rene wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:26 pm
This shift of attention towards me is either unbelievably suspicious, or foolish that you three are outing yourself. I'm ALREADY GETTING LYNCHED TODAY and I'm not asking for a way out from you.
you are asking us to possibly lynch more townies so that mafia (aka you) can get majority before you get lynched.
So you're telling I'm buying time for a vote where I can't vote, thanks to you, and I'm also mafia by the way. Mafia will get the majority?

Daemon hinted there're 2 mafias in that message. Which also numerically makes sense. And fits the rough estimation of alive mafia people i predicted and shared a couple of pages ago.

So that's near impossible mathemetically unless town decides to kill 9 people today.

GOT IT. Very logical.

User avatar
phox
Reactions:
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:05 pm
Location: Norway

#2637

Post by phox »

Because you're incapable of reading. I've given so many hints about it already. Do me a favor and start picking them up.
well these hints are pretty crappie hints dude. Do me a favor and express yourself clearly and to the point, not a million pages of blaaaaaaaaaaah.and do me another favor and stop being such a lovely fruit cake.

Rene
Reactions:
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:36 pm

#2638

Post by Rene »

phox wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:37 pm
Because you're incapable of reading. I've given so many hints about it already. Do me a favor and start picking them up.
well these hints are pretty crappie hints dude. Do me a favor and express yourself clearly and to the point, not a million pages of blaaaaaaaaaaah.
No they aren't and I don't have to handhold anyone. Especially people that's been provoking me for real life days now.

You can keep your vote on me, I absolutely do not mind that.
Zero never really lifted his vote on me anyways. Despite town's consensus that it was conflicting with its best interest.
Bombaclaat is just hugging his best chance to get into his beloved night, quite possibly.

---

Ignoring these trolls and scums,
All I need from the town is to not carry me to an instant lynch and confirm with me when you want my ability to be revealed. In the meantime I'll prepare my post for the town, along with my e-mail to Daemon. I'll be back in 30 minutes.
Last edited by Rene on Sun May 03, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zero
Reactions:
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:59 pm

#2639

Post by zero »

phox wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:11 pm
vote Rene with my biggest pleasure. you have been making no sense, posting frantically without any substance just to confuse people , you were just blabbing around the whole day and the cherry on top : you are the most arrogant player I have seen in this entire game, who hasn't been contributing at all until D4 :)
I don't think you cast your vote correctly @phox. You need to use @Daemon's new system. Now that you've done it manually, you have to go and vote in the top poll as well so that the votes are reflected correctly otherwise @Daemon will hunt you down.

MrWaffles
Reactions:
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:08 pm

#2640

Post by MrWaffles »

Clemens wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:30 pm
I am not immune to corona because of corona, I am immune because I've injected myself with a myriad of vaccines in desperate attempts to cure an entirely unrelated chronic infection I had in the past. The goal wasn't to become viral immune, it was to cure myself. My viral immunity is a positive side-effect from my past, whereas the negative consequence is my hyper-active immune system (from which the health issues come).
Hi @Clemens,

This part does not make sense. If I am not mistaken, you are saying that you are immune to this virus because you injected yourself with the vaccine in the past (not because of your overactive immune system). However, this is a brand new virus. If I am not wrong, the Chinese developed it in this very facility over the past few months. How could you have injected yourself with the vaccine for it during the period of your backstory? Or have you injected these vaccines in the last few days?

-MrWaffles

Clemens
Reactions:
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 pm

#2641

Post by Clemens »

Now to finally look at the death clues.
Daemon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:12 am
Heffie (Coerced Environmental Microbiology Researcher) is put in cryo-stasis.
Her claimed role name checks out.
Even the coerced part, but what's interesting is that it even has a "Coerced" part at all - this is significant.
So far, we've only had Mafia players have an extra part.
Daemon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:12 am
"We will win together. We need to vote strong. Follow our lead and let's fight for the greater good. Love, ################### and ###################." The name had been redacted by the software, which moments later, erased it altogether, under many pairs of shocked eyes.
This last message strongly implies that @Heffie was on their side, but not actually a part of them.
The messages were anonymous, deleted themselves to leave no traces, and at least this one had a cooperation-themed message over a threat.
There is one contradiction right there - it has two redacted names, but @Heffie claimed that only one person knew of her and communicated with her. More so, @Emilly herself was dead by the time this unread (implying it happened after her death?) message appeared.


This all reminds me of a role I used to have in a previous game hosted by Daemon (on Newerth, specifically), where I was on the Mafia's side and would win if Mafia won, but I had no idea who they were while they did know of my existence. I also counted as a townie in terms of numerical victory condition - meaning that while it is true that I was helping the Mafia, killing me was just a minor loss to the Mafia. I did have a minor self-protecting NTA, unlike her own claim.

After her repeated role claims, her fluff, and the death clues, I would suspect she had that kind of role.
So we lynched someone on the Mafia side, but someone from the townie numbers.

User avatar
phox
Reactions:
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:05 pm
Location: Norway

#2642

Post by phox »

oh thanks @zero I didn't notice.

As for you @Rene , clemens said it better than me.
Clemens wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 9:31 am
Rene wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 9:24 am
[Rene trying to justify his own bad plays]
You claim to not want to stall nor distract the townies, but then you waste time trying to prove your point that cannot be proven because you are wrong.
Ok. Moving on.

User avatar
Bombaclaat
Reactions:
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:20 pm

#2643

Post by Bombaclaat »

Clemens wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:48 pm
So we lynched someone on the Mafia side, but someone from the townie numbers.
Not a good trade if the numbers are close.

Clemens
Reactions:
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 pm

#2644

Post by Clemens »

MrWaffles wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:46 pm
This part does not make sense. If I am not mistaken, you are saying that you are immune to this virus because you injected yourself with the vaccine in the past (not because of your overactive immune system). However, this is a brand new virus. If I am not wrong, the Chinese developed it in this very facility over the past few months. How could you have injected yourself with the vaccine for it during the period of your backstory? Or have you injected these vaccines in the last few days?
I've been trying to avoid quoting the email 1:1. :roll:
To clarify the fluff, again, my immunity comes from what I've done to my body.
I'm not injecting every night/day; this happened in the past from wanting to cure my chronic infection.
Since it was an infection that was incurable at the time, I went into microbiology with the selfish desire to cure myself.
As a result, my body developed a viral immunity, but is otherwise in bad shape.

Clemens
Reactions:
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 pm

#2645

Post by Clemens »

Bombaclaat wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:51 pm
Not a good trade if the numbers are close.
If my theory is true, this was only a minor win at best.

User avatar
phox
Reactions:
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:05 pm
Location: Norway

#2646

Post by phox »

MrWaffles wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:46 pm
Clemens wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:30 pm
I am not immune to corona because of corona, I am immune because I've injected myself with a myriad of vaccines in desperate attempts to cure an entirely unrelated chronic infection I had in the past. The goal wasn't to become viral immune, it was to cure myself. My viral immunity is a positive side-effect from my past, whereas the negative consequence is my hyper-active immune system (from which the health issues come).
Hi @Clemens,

This part does not make sense. If I am not mistaken, you are saying that you are immune to this virus because you injected yourself with the vaccine in the past (not because of your overactive immune system). However, this is a brand new virus. If I am not wrong, the Chinese developed it in this very facility over the past few months. How could you have injected yourself with the vaccine for it during the period of your backstory? Or have you injected these vaccines in the last few days?

-MrWaffles
He could have infected himself with other riboviruses . there have been other pandemics in the past with viruses that affected the respiratory system(for example SARS).

MrWaffles
Reactions:
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:08 pm

#2647

Post by MrWaffles »

Clemens wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:53 pm
To clarify the fluff, again, my immunity comes from what I've done to my body.
I'm not injecting every night/day; this happened in the past from wanting to cure my chronic infection.
Since it was an infection that was incurable at the time, I went into microbiology with the selfish desire to cure myself.
As a result, my body developed a viral immunity, but is otherwise in bad shape.
OK, just to clarify: Does your immunity exist because you have an immune system that can fight off any virus, or does it exist because you happened to take a particular vaccine in the past that can stop this "L virus?"

-MrWaffles

Clemens
Reactions:
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 pm

#2648

Post by Clemens »

MrWaffles wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:56 pm
OK, just to clarify: Does your immunity exist because you have an immune system that can fight off any virus, or does it exist because you happened to take a particular vaccine in the past that can stop this "L virus?"
My immunity comes from my immune system, and my previously incurable chronic infection is unrelated to L virus, or corona - Daemon didn't even give it a name.

Clemens
Reactions:
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 pm

#2649

Post by Clemens »

@Rene
Let us know when you are back; my vote is ready for you.

MrWaffles
Reactions:
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:08 pm

#2650

Post by MrWaffles »

Clemens wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:30 pm
MrWaffles wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:54 pm
Sorry, forgot to do this after vote reset. Vote Rene because I believe I still have to (due to phox's NTA)
Double-check with Daemon, this information may be valuable to know in the future.
I'll check.

Locked