Mafia 1 - The CROWN - GAME OVER!

Guilt is a numbers game.
Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

Noni wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:38 pm
I'm happy for rene to prove himself. My vote on clemens was an idea in case rene's ability is more important to keep than test. If that makes sense.
Alright, let's assume @Rene is innocent and just made errors.
Who are your current suspects?

Sander
Reactions:

Post by Sander »

You.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

I've never been really sure about you but I'm thinking of avenues i could explore in order to make the most of the time we have left today.

I don't want to do over the same topics already discussed. Unfortunately I'm also working so I'm trying to re read old posts and work at the same time :)

I also want to know if Mr waffles still has to vote rene or not since we have already used insta lynch

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

But it's pointless now because in 3 min rene will reset the day. If he was lying then it's a silly thing to lie about

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Wait was I supposed to do it right away? Like right now? I was eating and just got back @Noni.
Edit: Oh I see you said 5 in your earlier messages. Well, while I thank you for saving my time IRL. I'll be generous and give it an extra hour maybe more discussions will unfold to get things going.

So let's make it six, if no discussions or votes start by then, I will end the day. No point in wasting anyone's time.
Last edited by Rene on Sun May 03, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

Regarding Clemens, while some of the technical details around his immunity puzzled me also, the fact remains that no one else has claimed viral immunity (Heffie sort of did, but then she retracted it, and then she turned out to have had dubious connections to the mafia). Moreover, my own role description was pretty specific about the fact that it was something I did that caused my immunity (i.e., my past training and the strength I gained from extensive workouts). So if this immunity cannot be explained as 100% accurate from a medical perspective, I'll attribute that to Daemon not being a doctor or microbiologist, but his role is logically consistent with my own. As such, in the absence of more egregious misplays from Clemens, I will assume his innocence.

Regarding Rene, it's a tough call. This could be another case of misplay combined with overzealousness gone wrong, but that's all the more reason for him to prove his innocence. Whatever we can use to our advantage to rule out scumness with some degree of confidence, we should use it and not hold back. Not doing so only helps the mafia at this point and would be counter-productive to the goal of identifying and ruling out suspects.

I don't know if I have time to come back before the game day ends, so I vote Rene

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Rene wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:59 pm
Wait was I supposed to do it right away? Like right now? I was eating and just got back @Noni
No I don't know. We agreed this deadline for your benefit so you can get your sleeping schedule right :))
I don't mind delaying

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

18 GMT is 20 CEST, which would be in an hour.
But since we have nothing to really talk about, doing it an hour early makes little difference (if it's true).

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Clemens wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:02 pm
18 GMT is 20 CEST, which would be in an hour.
But since we have nothing to really talk about, doing it an hour early makes little difference (if it's true).
Sorry I thought we were talking about my time which is 18 00 now :)

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

Just make sure to use it (if you're telling the truth) before the agreed upon deadline, because that's when my vote is coming if you haven't done it. ;)

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

I'm all aboard to give more time for the town to make most of the day, and I've been trying my best to ensure that happens since Day 4 started. 6 GMT and this silence ensues, I'll pull the trigger no worries.

@Clemens Yeah, sure. I'll simultaneously send my e-mail to Daemon and drop my post here, which I already prepared a few hours ago in advance. In 50 minutes.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Or whenever I get the sixth vote I guess, as I'm already sitting at 5. No need to risk it.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Rene wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:12 pm
Or whenever I get the sixth vote I guess, as I'm already sitting at 5. No need to risk it.
Just do it now @Rene

unvote Clemens

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Rene wrote:
Are you here? I will put my vote on you if you are so you can send the email?

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

@Rene just let me know when you are ready

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

Sander wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:10 pm
zero wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:02 pm

I think your DTA is a lie and I find anyone who actually tries to make out that what you claim as plausible very suspicious since none of them can confirm a game they played where this kind of DTA ever existed.
Actually I have played a game under Daemon with a similar role. I could end the day early to save a fellow Townie from being lynched. I could do it twice in the entire game. I couldn't Lynch someone instead though.
Ok. This changes things. How did you tell Daemon that you want to end the day? What was the name of your role? How come no other players from your forum can remember this?

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

While we still have time, I propose the the following regarding NTA disclosures on Day 5: @Noni discloses first. If there's anything fabricated about her role/target/claimed results, the info subsequently disclosed by the other investigative roles may help expose any shenanigans.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

behemoth wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:26 pm
While we still have time, I propose the the following regarding NTA disclosures on Day 5: @Noni discloses first. If there's anything fabricated about her role/target/claimed results, the info subsequently disclosed by the other investigative roles may help expose any shenanigans.
Agreed no problems

MrWaffles
Reactions:

Post by MrWaffles »

Noni wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:22 pm
Rene wrote:
Just do it now @Rene

unvote Clemens
@Rene, I agree with Noni. No one seems to be talking about anything else at this point, and I doubt we will vote more lynches today. Please just use your DTA so that we can move forward.

-MrWaffles

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

@Noni @MrWaffles Alright then. I'm sending it forward, give me one minute only.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

zero wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:24 pm
Sander wrote:
zero wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:02 pm

I think your DTA is a lie and I find anyone who actually tries to make out that what you claim as plausible very suspicious since none of them can confirm a game they played where this kind of DTA ever existed.
Actually I have played a game under Daemon with a similar role. I could end the day early to save a fellow Townie from being lynched. I could do it twice in the entire game. I couldn't Lynch someone instead though.
Ok. This changes things. How did you tell Daemon that you want to end the day? What was the name of your role? How come no other players from your forum can remember this?
@zero if we both vote clemens nobody else dies today. If you agree that it's worth taking a risk on rene and asking him to use his ability at a critical moment.

@Rene if you agree too ofc

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Rene wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:28 pm
@Noni @MrWaffles Alright then. I'm sending it forward, give me one minute only.
@Rene check my last suggestion before you send?

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Eh. I think it's not worth it. I also definitely do not want to give any reason to alleviate any suspicions around @zero who has never faltered with his vote on me whole day 4 long. Never contributed to discussions he himself promised would florish either. I want him gone. I'll trust Sander on this. I'm sending it through.

MrWaffles
Reactions:

Post by MrWaffles »

behemoth wrote:
@Noni, are you OK with behemoth's suggestion? We can take care of this first thing the next day if there is disagreement.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Ok

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

MrWaffles wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:32 pm
behemoth wrote:
@Noni, are you OK with behemoth's suggestion? We can take care of this first thing the next day if there is disagreement.
Already agreed #2718

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Noni wrote:
MrWaffles wrote:
behemoth wrote:
Already agreed #2718
I just hope my target will be acceptable for you guys. I'll try to not overthink it

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

Noni wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:29 pm
zero wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:24 pm
Sander wrote:

@zero if we both vote clemens nobody else dies today. If you agree that it's worth taking a risk on rene and asking him to use his ability at a critical moment.

@Rene if you agree too ofc
Nah, I still don't believe him. If he's right, I'll eat humble pie tomorrow but at least he proves to everyone he is a townie, albeit a useless one.

MrWaffles
Reactions:

Post by MrWaffles »

Noni wrote:
Already agreed #2718
Got it. Sorry for missing that.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Okay, fellow researchers and the other ones that strayed from the luminous path of science, My heart is filled with grief as I make this announcement, because I feel compelled to force your hand, once again. This time, quite literally though. But before we get to that, since you'll have all night to ponder over it, I'll use this chance for you to listen to me. I didnt disclose the following detail before, but I've been on this facility for the past three years, never stepping foot outside. Not even to spend christmas with my family. Such is the responsibility I was burdened with when I was entrusted this role by the Crown Project Ops. But thankfully, with responsibility comes authority and that's why I was given this master keycard. That can lock the cryo-stasis pods down for the next 12 hours, in the event that we, researchers are about to make a grave mistake. Such as right now. Let's make this clear, you aren't the first employees on the earth that hates their superiors at work. And I'm not exactly the worthy owner of a Best Boss Ever Cup, by any means. Sometimes I'm a jerk, but usually I'm logical. And open to debate.

I could've used this keycard at any point, this is something you should know. I know when we talked about it earlier and I told you that I could use it when there're votes on me. But to be fair, I never said I couldn't use it when there aren't votes on me. I could have saved Emilly, yesterday. But unlike some of yours misperception, my defense of Emilly wasn't with my heart and soul. If I truly wanted to save Emilly. She'd not be in the cryo-pod, instead we'd have her here talking with us over NewronnComm today. I did make one big mistake that I'll own up to though, that I logged out from our discussions earlier than necessary. I missed the argument @Gridfon put forward about contradicting allegations from Emilly herself. I only heard them on the next day, while you were talking about it. My sincere apologies.
Unfortunately, when I shut down the cryo-pods, we'll also lose our NewronnComm links effective immediately, it means we'll be in the dark for the next 12 hours. Or at least that's what our now retired Chief Engineer Hank told me, and I never really got to put it to a test. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't exciting in a way. Anyways the blackout will last till the next dawn according to my estimations. So you're notified in advance.

Please, stay safe.

Your Chief Scientist,
Rene.

Daemon
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Daemon »

...and that was followed by a screechy sound; then, silence. Hank got it wrong, though, NewronComm was working fine. What was actually turned off was the station-wide loudspeaker system. No more Süper FM 24/7, thank God for the little things.

Nobody dies.

5 Rene: valli, zero, MrWaffles, phox, behemoth
2 Clemens: Bombaclaat, Sander

It's Night 5 - until Monday, May 4th, 20:00 GMT/UTC
Please send the targets.

Daemon
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Daemon »

No good thing lasts forever. Having been spared for the night the compulsory radio station broadcast, the morning brought new horrors to CROWN's residents: from every loudspeaker, literally anywhere, the 41 submitted ESC 2020 songs on repeat. Such was the distress they caused, that tonight's real drama went all but unnoticed. Still grasping at his ER pack, couple doses of morphine, that he used on himself, neatly disposed of in a glass recycling bin nearby, Sander had died of what would be confirmed as the unforgiving acute respiratory syndrome.

Sander (Physician) was found dead, his lungs consumed by a viral infection.

It's DAY 5, until Thursday, May 7th, 20:00 GMT/UTC
There are 11 players remaining. 6 votes required for instant lynch and no lynch, 4 votes required for deadline lynch.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Good morning all.

Princess xy was right, this game is more exciting than any tv thriller series:)

As promised, I am going to declare my investigation results first. i believe behmoth requested that yesterday.

Last night I hung around phox's room and I could see that she received a visit from our dear Mr Clemens.
This is quite bothersome as he claimed he does not have an NTA.

So I would like to get an explanation from Clemens regarding his night sleeping schedule. What were you doing visiting the charming phox, Clemens?

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

and to help him along, vote Clemens

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

My last night’s message was a tirade on how nothing could stop them now. Something about “ugly bags of mostly water”, “vessels for their precious RNA”, “If he could be turned he would become a powerful ally” and “employing the viral envelope” hearing repeated chants of “FOR THE GREATER GOOD!”

and then… HIS DISEASE IS HIS DISGUISE! At least one of my patients is hearing voices that are well somewhat ominous to say the least.
Noni wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:04 pm
Good morning all.

As promised, I am going to declare my investigation results first. i believe behmoth requested that yesterday.

Last night I hung around phox's room and I could see that she received a visit from our dear Mr Clemens.

So I would like to get an explanation from Clemens regarding his night sleeping schedule. What were you doing visiting the charming phox, Clemens?
Big if true! :o :o :o Let me hear from them, then I'll vote.

Edit typo

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Also can we take a moment of silence for our unorthodox doctor? @Sander you were a good time!

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Bombaclaat wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:09 pm
My last night’s message was a tirade on how nothing could stop them now. Something about “ugly bags of mostly water”, “vessels for their precious RNA”, “If he could be turned he would become a powerful ally” and “employing the viral envelope” hearing repeated chants of “FOR THE GREATER GOOD!”

and then… HIS DISEASE IS HIS DISGUISE! At least one of my patients is hearing voices that are well somewhat ominous to say the least.
Noni wrote:
Good morning all.

Big if true! :o :o :o Let me hear from them, then I'll vote.

Edit typo
what do you make of your clues @Bombaclaat ???

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

@Noni forget @Bombaclaat ...

Finally, I was successful with my investigation this night. I checked out @Bombaclaat and he is invected with the "S" strain.

Some final words @Bombaclaat before we will lynch you today?

vote Bombaclaat

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

Noni wrote:
Good morning all.

vote Clemens

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

valli wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:17 pm

Finally, I was successful with my investigation this night. I checked out @Bombaclaat and he is invected with the "S" strain.

vote Bombaclaat
Well done @valli. Let us see Clemens explanation and then we instant lynch @Bombaclaat

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

zero wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:20 pm
valli wrote:

vote Bombaclaat
Well done @valli. Let us see Clemens explanation and then we instant lynch @Bombaclaat
Fine with me!

MrWaffles
Reactions:

Post by MrWaffles »

zero wrote:
Wait, we can't instant lynch from one person's word alone. I don't distrust valli at all, but if Bombaclaat denies (which obviously he will) either valli or Bomba is guilty (or something strange is going on).

-MrWaffles

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

I'm pretty sure this is our last day and our last available lynch.
Let's do the math.

28 players total.
1/3rd would be ~9.
3 Infected dead = 6.
But if there were 6 Mafia, it would have been over yesterday already at 12 players.
And even tonight it would have been over at 11.
So it's more likely there are 5 or 4.
That's 6vs5.
(And for the last time, the conspirators did NOT count for the Mafia numbers as they are not allies.)

So, here we are. Last lynch if you pick a townie; and you have to lynch someone else it goes to night and game over anyway.
Noni wrote:

Nothing, because you are lying.
I wouldn't be stupid enough to risk using an NTA when the Mafia numbers are this close to winning.
Thanks for making my choice easy, @Noni.
vote Noni
Turns out, I was right all along.
Remember this?
Clemens wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:04 pm
Between Emilly and Noni, they can't both be telling the truth.

Do you want to hear a really crazy theory?
They both messed up.
Alright, may the other 4 Mafia get it over with and vote for me as well.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Clemens wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:22 pm
Let's do the math.

28 players total.
1/3rd would be ~9.
3 Infected dead = 6.
But if there were 6 Mafia, it would have been over yesterday already at 12 players.
That's 6vs5.
(And for the last time, the conspirators did NOT count for the Mafia numbers as they are not allies.)

So, here we are. Last lynch if you pick a townie; and you have to lynch someone else it goes to night and game over anyway.
Noni wrote:

I wouldn't be stupid enough to risk using an NTA when the Mafia numbers are this close to winning.
vote Noni
Remember this?
Clemens wrote:

They both messed up.
i don't trust you or your attempts at math. 9 mafia and 3 or more of a different evil faction? nah

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

valli wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:21 pm
zero wrote:
valli wrote:

vote Bombaclaat
Fine with me!
Dude, if you just take Valli's word for it you might lose us the game.

I know I had visitors (plural) in my room for sure. Not sure if Valli was even one of them.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Bombaclaat wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:25 pm
valli wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:21 pm
zero wrote:

Fine with me!

I know I had visitors (plural) in my room for sure. Not sure if Valli was even one of them.
how do you know you had visitors ?

MrWaffles
Reactions:

Post by MrWaffles »

OK, either valli or Bombaclaat is lying and either Clemens or Noni is lying (or there's a very strange explanation).

How do we figure this out guys?

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Rise and shine guys, I wanna start by admitting to @Rene that I was wrong to not believe him about his DTA, my apologies Rene, but I must admit you were confusing me a lot. Tonight I wanted to avoid making any bad calls and forcing someone to vote for someone that is innocent. So I decided everyone should be responsible for their own vote and to not visit anyone, I did not send Daemon a target. In this way nobody can blame me for their voting decision. I also regretted convincing @MrWaffles to vote for @Rene when he turned out to be telling the truth, so I learned from my mistake.

This was a really great and interesting game for me and it was nice playing with all of you :) really. I never knew an online forum game could be this fun. I'm sorry to say it's my last day though.. . last night I got a respiratory infection followed by a high fever with severe coughing , this morning when I got checked they told me I could have only survived the next night if I would have gotten medical assistance earlier.

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

MrWaffles wrote:
zero wrote:
Wait, we can't instant lynch from one person's word alone. I don't distrust valli at all, but if Bombaclaat denies (which obviously he will) either valli or Bomba is guilty (or something strange is going on).

-MrWaffles
If @Bombaclaat is not guilty, then please tell me, how he is invected with the "S" strain? So far I helped with getting Emily out of the game and introduced you all to the concept of the "L" and "S" straings, and if you can remember then Princess.ruxi confirmed it.
Bombaclaat wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:25 pm

You could've explained how you got infected with the "S" strain, you could've told as a good story, but you do not even try. I would've expected more ...

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

Clemens wrote:
Let's do the math.

28 players total.
1/3rd would be ~9.
3 Infected dead = 6.
That's 6vs5.

Noni wrote:

vote Noni
Remember this?
Clemens wrote:

They both messed up.
I see your point @Clemens but last time someone claimed that @Noni is lying with her NTA, that person turned out to be not just mafia but apparently patient 0.