Mafia 1 - The CROWN - GAME OVER!

Guilt is a numbers game.
Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

phox wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:19 am
Bombaclaat I am very shocked by your role seeing as it is extremely similar to mine. It feels like an emily/Valli situation all over again. I will disclose it without a problem to the town if @Gridfon thinks it's a good idea.

why didn't you help us earlier to get rid of the crazy people? I was pushing hard for blissie and nanna în the previous day and I don't remember the town getting so much help from you in that department.
I was not going to ask for your role declaration in the near future. But now that you claim it brings more clarity about Bombaclaat, I would be interested to learn yours.

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

Gridfon wrote:
Bombaclaat wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:07 am
I'm a psychologist and deamon passively feeds me with cryptic information that people confide in me which hasn't really been very useful apart from shedding a bit of light on the conspiracy theorists. Daemon is having a whole lot of fun with them btw they have peculiar abilities some of which are not spelled out to players in his delay reports or even when other players are targeted. I can confirm that the conspiracy faction has a way to win this game. When I got my role I got some fluff about us being in an isolated place far away from family and friends.
Can you elaborate more?
Can you point at specific players about which you learned some information?
What are the peculiar abilities you mentioned?
What did you learn this night?
1) That's pretty much the jist of it...
2) In the first night got something along the lines of He was the greatest of American presidents he actually did a lot for the people like blah blah blah... and I'm like U wat mate.... Then Siderite quotes FDR.
3) I'm not sure about all the details but in the event the mafia dies you're still not in the clear until you get every last one of them. Killing them before that might hamper you significantly.
4) I'd be happy to tell you but honestly it wouldn't be beneficial to the town if I revealed it... ...this early in the day.

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

phox wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:25 am
Probably daemon wanted people to say they don't believe one of us because we have similar roles.
I gather he really is an incorrigible delinquent.

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

Night 2: I've seen the old god go and new gods come

Then Daemon has me looking at poetry for goodness sake. But I really couldn't find the connection to a player this is getting a bit esoteric for me.

Night 3:

I was never afraid of failure; for I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest.

It's not really the most helpful stuff and he's actually driving ME nuts with it.

edited in bold for clarification

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

And in all of the emails I there was a lot of incoherent rambling and some sort of quote or hints interwoven into them. They're out to get me sort of stuff...

and I'm like who... ...the jews? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit I've been spamming and it's late. So lynch me later if you must

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

:lol: oh man poor fella :)) your posts are super funny though

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Gridfon wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:27 am
phox wrote:
Bombaclaat I am very shocked by your role seeing as it is extremely similar to mine. It feels like an emily/Valli situation all over again. I will disclose it without a problem to the town if @Gridfon thinks it's a good idea.

why didn't you help us earlier to get rid of the crazy people? I was pushing hard for blissie and nanna în the previous day and I don't remember the town getting so much help from you in that department.
I was not going to ask for your role declaration in the near future. But now that you claim it brings more clarity about Bombaclaat, I would be interested to learn yours.
Well I trust you the most so if you think it's a good idea, here goes.

Role: Therapist
I help people cope with the stress of being isolated and so far away from the rest of the world. I offer them comfort by listening to them and I give them friendly advice. I am the person that gives people the idea who they should vote for.(NTA)

N1: Noni votes for zero
I targeted noni in N1 mainly cause she is my sister and I didn't know who to pick. I didn't want both people I chose to be from my family cause then I would have been too obvious, so I chose zero, at random.

N2: Valli votes for Trigardon
I didnt have any idea who to vote for in N2, I could barely decide, which is why I emailed daemon a couple of minutes before the deadline (which caused him to get the mail too late to Valli and then he made the announcement on the forum that we should send the emails earlier next time, one hour before the original deadline).
I picked Valli to vote for trigardon mainly because moxy said he blocked him and there was no kill, so I thought he was mafia, but also cause the town wanted to hear more from Trigardon which was inactive and lots of people were saying he was suspicious , heffie for example in post #304. Sander in #307. So I thought I would do what the town wants, cause Trig was anyways not talking to us and so I picked him. I picked Valli to vote for him because Valli seemed suspicious to me in the very beginning of the game, but I didn't have much information to go on.

N3: Bombaclaat votes for Joesatri
I picked Bombaclaat to vote for joesatri cause joesatri REPEATEDLY said he was gonna die at the end of THAT (current) day (WHICH actually happened on the NEXT DAY, after the night passed, so he confused me with his death date)
After radwulf was lynched, and when the day finished I was expecting daemon to tell us Joe died and give us some clues about joe (like we got after Radwulf was lynched ), but we only got the info about joe on the NEXT day (and I had to use my NTA BEFORE getting this info, during the night)
So, like a lot of the rest , I assumed joe was mafia up until that morning when we got the message from daemon.
In addition, I thought I would be putting bombaclaat's vote to good use, as he was not so active in the game and he was acting weird , voting out of spite, which is the reason why I voted for bombaclaat and not for Radwulf.

N4: MrWaffles votes for Rene
I chose MrWaffles to vote for Rene because I think rene defended emily too much even after we got the eye-opening information from valli and ruxi, so I thought he might be mafia. (as i suggested in my posts in the previous night, I said good targets for the vote block ability would be rene or telvek , aka the people I thought were sketchiest). As I thought telvek would maybe be kicked out because of inactivity, I thought my only option would be to choose to have a talk with mr waffles about Rene. (I was also considering , instead , to have a talk with clemens about rene, because I was sure the vote of clemens would have otherwise ended up on me, but I reached the conclusion that I trust MrWaffles less than Clemens, regardless if clemens might vote against me)

So there you have it, as transparent as I can be.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

So we have a psychologist and a therapist, if daemon added a psychiatrist as well, I will most likely go jump out the window :)))))

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

Bombaclaat wrote:
I'm a psychologist and deamon passively feeds me with cryptic information that people confide in me which hasn't really been very useful apart from shedding a bit of light on the conspiracy theorists. Daemon is having a whole lot of fun with them btw they have peculiar abilities some of which are not spelled out to players in his delay reports or even when other players are targeted. I can confirm that the conspiracy faction has a way to win this game. When I got my role I got some fluff about us being in an isolated place far away from family and friends.

2) In the first night got something along the lines of He was the greatest of American presidents he actually did a lot for the people like blah blah blah... and I'm like U wat mate.... Then Siderite quotes FDR.
3) I'm not sure about all the details but in the event the mafia dies you're still not in the clear until you get every last one of them. Killing them before that might hamper you significantly.
4) I'd be happy to tell you but honestly it wouldn't be beneficial to the town if I revealed it... ...this early in the day.
Maybe I missed it, but when the town was discussing whether the conspiracy theorists are good or bad, did you contribute any information / provide any clues to point us in the right direction?

Also, other than the FDR reference linking your info to Siderite in N1/D2, were you able to correlate any other information you received to specific players? If yes, what was the info, when did you receive it, and who were the players?

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

Bombaclaat wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:09 pm
We’re scientists we can’t go lynching people based on conjecture alone. I worked hard for my degree and paid for it by working in college. No reckless accumulation of student loans here.
His post in the very beginning stood out to me as odd, but it does kinda corroborate his role claim - unless he is a darn good conspiracy theorist himself and he was setting up his fabulous role claim from the very beginning:)

I tend to believe though that he has the investigative role for the conspiracy faction, which we now know can kill and is likely responsible for the violent deaths so far:
Daemon wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:15 pm
"Big pharma does what it does best: pump money into keeping the world living but not really alive. Alas, the plague they produce is too terrible a foe to conquer lacking media coverage and facing public opprobrium. Steps must be taken; lives must be taken - when eloquence is not enough."

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

phox wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:41 am
So we have a psychologist and a therapist, if daemon added a psychiatrist as well, I will most likely go jump out the window :)))))
I am it and you can come to me for treatment, please don't jump out the window :)

Totally kidding. So while your roles do seem similar, the seem to serve distinct purposes. I know this was discussed earlier, but is the vote stealer role usually a pro-town role?

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

Bombaclaat wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:48 am
Night 2: I've seen the old god go and new gods come

Then Daemon has me looking at poetry for goodness sake. But I really couldn't find the connection to a player this is getting a bit esoteric for me.

Night 3:

I was never afraid of failure; for I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest.

It's not really the most helpful stuff and he's actually driving ME nuts with it.

edited in bold for clarification
And what about Night 1?

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

Bombaclaat wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:34 am
Gridfon wrote:
Bombaclaat wrote:
Can you elaborate more?
okay, found it

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

So I got some popcorn, went back to the beginning, and reread a bunch of stuff. I'll give my two cents before calling it a night, but first let me address the below:
Noni wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:14 pm
This didn't display correctly before.
I want to point out the behemoth was more eager to vote for me and to call valli scum for calling Emily out, only to then accuse him of not reacting soon enough to her role claim.
1. My reasons for voting you were thoroughly explained, and some of them still stand, so I shall explain them again in a subsequent post:)

2. I did not actually call Valli scum. I stated that his role declaration would have been more believable had he chosen his timing better. He revealed critical information of serious implications when there was barely time left to discuss it and make it count (i.e., get people to change their votes before it's too late). Given their nearly identical role claims and his delay in revealing the info that would expose her claim as false, my initial reaction was to mistrust it and also to focus on ruling out the possibility of there actually being two identical roles. But as the details emerged that confirmed his version as true, I then changed my vote accordingly... though with a little more delay than usual because I was illegally doing this during work, and by the time I'd manage to get a post out, there would already be new info that would render my post dated.

3. I like how you merely just pointed something out about me, subtly enough to get others to look into it and maybe take up the cause, but not enough for you to be accused of targeting the person who has been going after you. If you do turn out to be mafia, this was nicely played:)

Bombaclaat
Reactions:

Post by Bombaclaat »

behemoth wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:09 am
Bombaclaat wrote:

Maybe I missed it, but when the town was discussing whether the conspiracy theorists are good or bad, did you contribute any information / provide any clues to point us in the right direction?

Also, other than the FDR reference linking your info to Siderite in N1/D2, were you able to correlate any other information you received to specific players? If yes, what was the info, when did you receive it, and who were the players?
If I recall correctly it all happened rather quickly and you didn't really need encouragement. Especially since some of them admitted their role. I think they are very dangerous and also after the hammer attack I was not inclined to reveal a role that revolves around them. Now this is conjecture but I worry about them gaining abilities either by being martyred or when certain other conditions are met. When mafia members die they get a "filthy hoomans we're the zerg" story while Daemon seems to be forwarding a narrative of some sort, nota bene, heavily implying dire consequences to come. They sound like they're making a bomb or something, though I don't know the specifics.

As for pin pointing this stuff to other players I haven't been successful. I was however promised that my role has some use although it's no reflected directly in mechanics.

I'm not sure about the numbers in the conspiracy faction...
Nanaa wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:49 am
Good morning,

Yes, I can confirm Blissie and me are same faction. Yea @phox, that's why ignored Blissie's voting train. Even though I can say he's a completele lunatic from a trailer park now that he's dead :D

There may or may not be others like us. I don't to reveal them though. If someone claims to be one of us, I can point out if it's bullshit. That's why you keep me alive ;D
Could easily have been a bluff but I suspect there is at least one more crazy. At least... Because I haven't seen anything about reptilian conspiracy theory, which was sort of implied in one post about lizard people controlling everything behind the scenes. Also now that Phox has admitted to targeting me I probably haven't even been targeted by the crazies. So I can only guess they abilities from cryptic messages and second hand. I thought I had been but Phox is probably not one of them.

Also sorry but my posts we're a little disjointed I could have organized my thoughts better.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

behemoth wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:45 am
So I got some popcorn, went back to the beginning, and reread a bunch of stuff. I'll give my two cents before calling it a night, but first let me address the below:
Noni wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:14 pm
This didn't display correctly before.
I want to point out the behemoth was more eager to vote for me and to call valli scum for calling Emily out, only to then accuse him of not reacting soon enough to her role claim.
1. My reasons for voting you were thoroughly explained, and some of them still stand, so I shall explain them again in a subsequent post:)

2. I did not actually call Valli scum. I stated that his role declaration would have been more believable had he chosen his timing better. He revealed critical information of serious implications when there was barely time left to discuss it and make it count (i.e., get people to change their votes before it's too late). Given their nearly identical role claims and his delay in revealing the info that would expose her claim as false, my initial reaction was to mistrust it and also to focus on ruling out the possibility of there actually being two identical roles. But as the details emerged that confirmed his version as true, I then changed my vote accordingly... though with a little more delay than usual because I was illegally doing this during work, and by the time I'd manage to get a post out, there would already be new info that would render my post dated.

3. I like how you merely just pointed something out about me, subtly enough to get others to look into it and maybe take up the cause, but not enough for you to be accused of targeting the person who has been going after you. If you do turn out to be mafia, this was nicely played:)
I am worried about our numbers and I don't think we should so lynch happy today. We need to think things through. I was also just reading through the posts and pointed out what stuck out to me. Namely your reactions and what could have been Emily's reaction to phox's vote. In my eyes this is not enough to make me go after you or her. If I thought you were guilty I would do it and I'd go after you with all I've got (like you so like to point out that I did with radwulf).

Everyone who knows me will tell you I'm not a strategic thinker, I don't sit quietly and analyse things in my mind and then speak. I say things as they pop into my head. I'm trying to be a bit less impulsive today with my decisions but that doesn't mean I won't be active and post what I think.

People's reactions are relevant, people's behaviour is relevant but it isn't fool-proof. So this is why, behemoth I pointed it out and didn't do too much else. I also wanted to give you and phox time for a reaction. This is a conversation after all.

Regarding bombaclaat and phox roles is seems strange that the names are this similar though not impossible. Their abilities try to complement each other. One gives compelling advice, the other receives clues. Kind of like you a clements are immune to two different things, if it makes sense.

Still thinking about this.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

MrWaffles wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:35 pm
I vote blocked Rene last night.
I was indeed vote blocked last night. Thank you MrWaffles, your food is definitely the worst I've ever had.

Alright townies, gather up. First of all, stellar effort on the deadline of day three. Sorry I couldn't make it there, I even said it in a post that I had limited time and I was going to miss it, so I casted a vote that seemed like the best choice and went with it, rather than skipping that day's vote. Despite it having no effect at all. My messy sleep schedule is all there's to blame, otherwise no one in their right mind would miss a lynch streak like that. Regardless of town or mafia, no one would.

And I can't really blame you for not trusting me, since I've missed the mark a few times now with the votes, literally -all- the votes except the first one on Moxy, which i gallantly defended, and blissie that I picked up after phox hinted that we should go after them. Am I lynching townies while defending Mafia? The vote I gave on Trigardon weren't really my instigation, but Joesatri's. It made sense to me and I took it up. My vote on Radwulf was my own disbelief in his innocence, after my defense versus him during the Moxy debate. So, not really regretful that I made that mistake, because so did everyone else with those two. My defense of Emilly, I did try to explain it as best I could in my posts over Emilly's own posts, behaviors and analysis. There's nothing deeper to it, unfortunately. I defended Emilly because they defended Radwulf before their innocence was proven. And I voted for anyone, with anyone, that managed to convince me to their arguments, since the very beginning. Apologies @Noni, but I did what I believed in.

Since I've already declared that I've no NTAs despite nobody asking, because it felt it was necessary to explain why I can only contribute to discussions in theory, with behavioral analysis and nothing concrete. Because that sucks, I'd have loved to call who visited who the other night and point my fingers accordingly, alas I can not do that.

---

Also there's something curious that nobody seems to have picked up yet?
I chose MrWaffles to vote for Rene because I think rene defended emily too much even after we got the eye-opening information from valli and ruxi, so I thought he might be mafia.
That just makes no sense and I called it on day three as well, if someone else is confirming the role and the exact abilities of another in a game where every ability and role name is a mystery to all except the gamemaster, it solidifies their innocence. Valli coming out was just another reason to trust Emilly in the common modus operandi, but it didn't work out that way because Mafia %99 has a NTA to see others role names, NTA abilities and even the format of the answers they'd potentially have. Those two's wills were identical!

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Rene wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:37 am
MrWaffles wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:35 pm
I vote blocked Rene last night.
I was indeed vote blocked last night. Thank you MrWaffles, your food is definitely the worst I've ever had.

Alright townies, gather up. First of all, stellar effort on the deadline of day three. Sorry I couldn't make it there, I even said it in a post that I had limited time and I was going to miss it, so I casted a vote that seemed like the best choice and went with it, rather than skipping that day's vote. Despite it having no effect at all. My messy sleep schedule is all there's to blame, otherwise no one in their right mind would miss a lynch streak like that. Regardless of town or mafia, no one would.

And I can't really blame you for not trusting me, since I've missed the mark a few times now with the votes, literally -all- the votes except the first one on Moxy, which i gallantly defended, and blissie that I picked up after phox hinted that we should go after them. Am I lynching townies while defending Mafia? The vote I gave on Trigardon weren't really my instigation, but Joesatri's. It made sense to me and I took it up. My vote on Radwulf was my own disbelief in his innocence, after my defense versus him during the Moxy debate. So, not really regretful that I made that mistake, because so did everyone else with those two. My defense of Emilly, I did try to explain it as best I could in my posts over Emilly's own posts, behaviors and analysis. There's nothing deeper to it, unfortunately. I defended Emilly because they defended Radwulf before their innocence was proven. And I voted for anyone, with anyone, that managed to convince me to their arguments, since the very beginning. Apologies @Noni, but I did what I believed in.

Since I've already declared that I've no NTAs despite nobody asking, because it felt it was necessary to explain why I can only contribute to discussions in theory, with behavioral analysis and nothing concrete. Because that sucks, I'd have loved to call who visited who the other night and point my fingers accordingly, alas I can not do that.

---

Also there's something curious that nobody seems to have picked up yet?
I chose MrWaffles to vote for Rene because I think rene defended emily too much even after we got the eye-opening information from valli and ruxi, so I thought he might be mafia.
That just makes no sense and I called it on day three as well, if someone else is confirming the role and the exact abilities of another in a game where every ability and role name is a mystery to all except the gamemaster, it solidifies their innocence. Valli coming out was just another reason to trust Emilly in the common modus operandi, but it didn't work out that way because Mafia %99 has a NTA to see others role names, NTA abilities and even the format of the answers they'd potentially have. Those two's wills were identical!
I've never played a game where mafia has an NTA to see other role names. What do you mean?

Also why are you stalling with your role?

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Noni wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:42 am
I've never played a game where mafia has an NTA to see other role names. What do you mean?
It's the first explanation that comes to my mind about Emilly's forged will. And maybe this Bomboclaat vs. Phox role claims will also bolster that.

I've already said that I have no NTA twice, going further than that won't be helpful to town. Will just adding a role name on top of that satisfy your inquiries? Because I firmly believe town has more to gain by my anonymity.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Okay, maybe this isn't fair. But this town isn't fair either, people have been very open and honest about their roles on day one and still got lynched.

I still remember that, and you're to blame for this PTSD.

But for the sake of being most helpful, I will say this.

Unvote me.

Look at everyone else that you are suspicious of first, and then go for me, if you must absolutely have to lynch me.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Rene wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:55 am
Noni wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:42 am
It's the first explanation that comes to my mind about Emilly's forged will. And maybe this Bomboclaat vs. Phox role claims will also bolster that.

I've already said that I have no NTA twice, going further than that won't be helpful to town. Will just adding a role name on top of that satisfy your inquiries? Because I firmly believe town has more to gain by my anonymity.
At this point there are only a few unclaimed roles. The important ones are already out we have the doctor and two investigators.
I think there is a possibility nobody got infected tonight too, as it hasn't been claimed yet. So there can't be too many scum left?

If you have no nta you are not a high profile target for them so revealing the role would only help you gain more credibility. Unless you're one of the crazies?
I for one would still like to know your role. Feel free to not disclose if others don't agree.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Rene wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:59 am
Okay, maybe this isn't fair. But this town isn't fair either, people have been very open and honest about their roles on day one and still got lynched.

I still remember that, and you're to blame for this PTSD.

But for the sake of being most helpful, I will say this.

Unvote me.

Look at everyone else that you are suspicious of first, and then go for me, if you must absolutely have to lynch me.
I'm sorry but I just had to laugh. You're funny even though you didn't mean it maybe :)

Sander
Reactions:

Post by Sander »

Al right here goes.
Clemens wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:40 pm
Sander - either lied about his role or doesn't know what it actually does.
I wouldn't discard Clemens just yet. He's a thorough player. Though he is not a follower. He tends to lead. Yet except for voting for me, he has only been following you in the other lynching votes. He's immunity system still makes sense for him being The Godfather. That Mary said that as well, does not exonerate him. It could be the last gift of Emily to clear him out. The only way to outsmart a con is to be honest. Besides, if the mafia figured out my role, so would Clemens.
Clemens wrote:
Skuggi - participates once in a while; tries to contribute, but in a sneaky way.
I agree with Clemens here. Skuggi is a master referee. Always present and active but in the background. Last time he played like that, he was scum as well. He plays along with rationality, doesn't seek out to much attention.
Clemens wrote:
Zero - active when time permits, tries hard to go after suspects (to a point he'll use any little he can find), his role claim put Emilly in a tight spot.
I don't trust zero at all. Due to all his ignoring in the previous day. And because of this little information:
Joe got infected in N2. zero is the only person who calls people out of their room according to him for protection. Side effect, if zero is a target, so is the person in his protection. Joe died in N2 whilst zero did not. And Joe was called away during the N2.

PS, the person who has knowledge about the strings used, you should pressure him a bit as well. I do not articulate an opinion about Gridfon and valli because I'd call them scum anyway. And Gridfon has helped the town. Noni is innocent in my opinion.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

I tend to be a bit playful at times.

But looking back at the posts of Bomboclaat and seeing that both of us are asking to be lynched last, let me give you more food for thought.

The most important argument I can offer for now to be lynched last, is that I'm already vote blocked which means there's nothing I can do to shift the fate of another one or my own with a vote, unlike others that you can lynch.
Sander wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:34 am
Joe got infected in N2. zero is the only person who calls people out of their room according to him for protection. Side effect, if zero is a target, so is the person in his protection. Joe died in N2 whilst zero did not. And Joe was called away during the N2.
That's actually a really valid point, I for some reason thought Joe was infected on night one, because of that "feeling unwell" post, but apparently that was just MrWaffles' notorious cooking skills.

I had to dig some posts, but here Joesatri confirms he got infected on N2.
joesatri wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:26 pm
This is what the story said in my email from the mod, that I was not feeling well, and I went to get checked out, and it turns out I am infected with the virus, but it was discovered too late.

That's what initially got me thinking about the infection happening during N1. Turns out I read too much into it. I was simply infected that night (N2), and was going to die at the end of the day.

Skuggi
Reactions:

Post by Skuggi »

Morning everyone. I guess with Telvek gone, we don't need to spend time trying to get him to come out. Unfortunate that he ended up being a townie. It was really important to catch Emilly yesterday, as well as Mary. At least we have a bit more idea right now. We have an Infected Gardener, Infected Genetics Researcher and Infected Twin Test Subject - I don't really see a pattern of whom we're dealing with.

Yesterday was a weird day as well. Some people seemed way too intent on defending Emilly, for what seemed like far too long. And then the same people were perfectly happy to lynch others in mere hours. I am not totally convinced that lynching the conspiracy faction so fast was a great idea.

Finally, I agree that I haven't been able to contribute as much as I hoped due to time constrains. I hadn't anticipated the volume of posts to read to properly understand what is going on, let alone decipher hidden meaning etc. I am trying though :)

Heffie
Reactions:

Post by Heffie »

Bombaclaat wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:34 am
Gridfon wrote:
Bombaclaat wrote:
Can you elaborate more?
Regarding your item #3, how was this worded to you that you came to this conclusion? Based on what? Can you provide a little more detail?

@Rene for a full role claim, we'll need your role name as well. I don't see how anonymity will help us now. We have to get our next move right and there are too many suspicious people:

1) @phox Vs @Bombaclaat , I'm expecting one of these to not be pro-town and will save my suspicions for now, till we hear back from @Bombaclaat
2) @Rene missing the full role
3) as @sander pointed out there are still @Skuggi and @Clemens

Help us out please.

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Rene wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:51 am
Sander wrote:
That's actually a really valid point, I for some reason thought Joe was infected on night one, because of that "feeling unwell" post, but apparently that was just MrWaffles' notorious cooking skills.
If Radwulf actually had Mandatory Cleaning on N1 then he would have told us about it before dying (along with all the other generic game information he tried to leave behind). So any possibility of zero being the Mandatory Cleaning guy would likely imply that zero lied about his N1 target. Did he lie just so he can lynch Emilly and gain credibility in town?

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

@Rene this is the second time you tell us about your weird sleep schedule, last time you gave us a clue that "being tucked away does stuff to your sleep rythm" or something like that, which stood out to me, and now that you mentioned it, I remembered. So what do you mean more specifically about your sleep schedule in the game? I think there is noting you stand to gain from remaining anonymous .

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

What we know so far :
Mafia : Emily, silvestru, Mary infected researcher Gardner and twin
Crazies : nanaa, Siderite Blissie - conspiracy theories guy, anti vaxxer and flat earther
Do we think there are 4 and 4? Or 4 and 5?

I really think we have a good chance here. Especially if the Mafia wasn't successful tonight.

If the violent kills are limited there may still be one of these murders pending so I think our main priority is to lynch this person (due to the kill not being delayed)

I'm hoping someone has managed to block one of these violent kills which I guess if why we haven't seen a repeat instance?
If there was only one I don't see the point in behemoth's special ability.

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

As promised, my post about Noni:)

I must begin with a little disclaimer though. It is possible that I have a major blind spot and my perspective on this is skewed. My suspicions started out with just an instinctive feeling, and based on that instinct, I gathered what facts I could. And while these facts definitely allow room for subjective interpretation, taken as a whole they at least raise a red flag for me.

First there is the matter of her role. So far the proportion of investigative roles seems to be favoring the town: Joesatri detected whether players left their rooms, Radwulf detected acute infection symptoms, Princess detected player activity at night, EC knew his twin was corrupted, Grifdon detects traces of infection in rooms, and Bombaclaat can possibly detect the crazies. Add to this Noni's claimed role that she can detect someone's visitors at night.
  • This role is similar to Princess and Joe's, but they performed their roles using technology (access logs, webcam), whereas Noni's role involves her physically hanging around the rooms with a clipboard. If these three roles were meant to be complimentary, I think the methodology would have been consistent.
  • Is it plausible that in the interest of maintaining balance, her NTA is accurate but it actually serves the mafia.. in which case this would be a mafia spy type of role.
  • Regarding your target for N2 - i.e., me - can you share why you picked me? I was not a highly visible player, nor one of the controversial ones at that point, and it seems that you could have gotten a better return by choosing someone else.
  • Last but not least, I still have a problem with the fact that Sander's role declaration didn't ring any alarm bells for her. He was considered highly suspicious at that point, he was providing conflicting info about his role, and his role title was nearly identical to hers. The pro town thing to do would have been to call him out or at least raise the question - hey, does it make sense to have two of the same function (manager/administrator).
Secondly there is the matter of pro town behavior, and as I've stated before, she does seem like the ultimate townie. Now if she's mafia, it's an even greater compliment, because it's that much harder to accomplish that feat by dissimulation. However, this is what mafia do for a living, and the good ones do it really well. This is where we get into the more subjective waters of my expose, but hear me out:
  • She was the one who first exposed Moxy's lie/contradiction, which eventually led to his being killed. Now if she's a townie, this is great powers of observation to have on our side, chances are someone else would have caught that if she didn't, and it's unfortunate that Moxy turned out to be good after all. But the devil's advocate scenario might go something like this: Mafia is in a position to catch glaring inconsistencies from townies more easily, and they also stand to gain more by being the first ones to expose them. They can have such a person lynched without bringing undue suspicion on themselves when that person dies and turns out to be townie, and in the process they can build credibility as a helpful player even if the ending is not a happy one. Noni played this to perfection by pointing our the contradiction and letting it play its course. When the debate was at its hottest she kind of stayed out of it, shifted her focus to Trig at one point, and then towards the end of the day came back with a few comments against Moxy. She didn't call too much attention to herself or cross the line into the kind of vehemence that gets people asking questions.
  • She was also one of the main instigators in Radwulf's lynch by egging players on for the votes that eventually sealed his fate. While she provided a logical and coherent explanation for that, the outcome still remains.
  • She demonstrated pro town behavior in taking out the crazy faction, but this would also serve the mafia and therefore does not go a long way in giving her extra credibility points.
  • She demonstrated pro town behavior by playing an important role in Emily's demise. I haven't looked closely at the interactions between them prior to Emilly's lie being exposed, so one thing I will go back to look at is whether she might fit the profile of the person who "betrayed" / hurt Emily's feelings.

@Noni - If I'm being paranoid and you do happen to actually be the ultimate townie, my hat off to you along with my apology, as I do find your style of play quite endearing:) However, there must be at least one very clever mafia in this game, and based on the above conjectures it may be you. These could be just little coincidences or disjointed facts, or they could be more than that - I haven't made up my own mind yet, so I'm curious if anyone else is seeing any red flags here or if it's just my hyperactive imagination.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

behemoth wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:36 am
phox wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:41 am
I am it and you can come to me for treatment, please don't jump out the window :)

Totally kidding. So while your roles do seem similar, the seem to serve distinct purposes. I know this was discussed earlier, but is the vote stealer role usually a pro-town role?
@behemoth "usually" is not the case we have at hand, we have slow killing deaths (infection) and a second bad faction that are probably vigilante killers, so I think it would be only fair to give some townies an NTA to balance the scales and gain more voting power during the day. Before my role was declared, a lot of players were keen on defending the "vote convincer role", and pointed out they think it's a townie doing it because of the targets I chose every night. I have to go check who said it cause I don't remember anymore (I think noni and valli were some of them ?? maybe, not sure)

Anyways I think I explained very clearly everything I did and my reasoning on the votes, but nobody commented on what I actually said in my role disclaimer, people just vaguely said I was suspicious and moved on to the rest. cool.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

phox wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:10 am
@Rene this is the second time you tell us about your weird sleep schedule, last time you gave us a clue that "being tucked away does stuff to your sleep rythm" or something like that, which stood out to me, and now that you mentioned it, I remembered. So what do you mean more specifically about your sleep schedule in the game? I think there is noting you stand to gain from remaining anonymous .
Yeah, nothing mystical about my diurnal rhythm, if you look at my posts you can see some of them are posted at 1:00 or 2:00 GMT, it's a little hard to not fall asleep before 20:00 GMT if i'm having one of those days.

There's nothing I personally gain, but there's a lot that we do, collectively. I'll not come off with full details unless I absolutely have to. Life is a gamble, I play it everytime I evaluate your NTAs because there's nothing else I can do, you'll just have to trust me on this one.

But I wonder, why are you not unvoting me, @phox?

Despite I made it very clear that there're things to be gained by lynching me last, and nothing to be gained by lynching me first, (because yourself blocked my vote right.), you are still trying to get me first?

Why?

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

Noni wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:13 am
I'm hoping someone has managed to block one of these violent kills which I guess if why we haven't seen a repeat instance?
If there was only one I don't see the point in behemoth's special ability.
It could be that we killed off the faction responsible for them. There's also a symmetry to the roles - the way some NTAs are complementary and all of them are interconnected. That's the main reason I don't believe in the Clemens as godfather theory, at least not until someone else steps up to claim immunity to the virus, and that was the reason for disclosing my NTA.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

@Rene should I unvote just based on trust, which you have done nothing substantial to deserve? I don't get your vague explanation about the sleep thing. Be more specific. Also who is "we" ? who are you referring to?

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Last but not least, I still have a problem with the fact that Sander's role declaration didn't ring any alarm bells for her. He was considered highly suspicious at that point, he was providing conflicting info about his role, and his role title was nearly identical to hers. The pro town thing to do would have been to call him out or at least raise the question - hey, does it make sense to have two of the same function (manager/administrator).
@behemoth this is the reason why I immediately reacted to @Bombaclaat 's role, when I saw the title is so similar to mine.

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

phox wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:25 am
@behemoth "usually" is not the case we have at hand, we have slow killing deaths (infection) and a second bad faction that are probably vigilante killers, so I think it would be only fair to give some townies an NTA to balance the scales and gain more voting power during the day. Before my role was declared, a lot of players were keen on defending the "vote convincer role", and pointed out they think it's a townie doing it because of the targets I chose every night. I have to go check who said it cause I don't remember anymore (I think noni and valli were some of them ?? maybe, not sure)

Anyways I think I explained very clearly everything I did and my reasoning on the votes, but nobody commented on what I actually said in my role disclaimer, people just vaguely said I was suspicious and moved on to the rest. cool.
So what you said makes sense and is credible, but it could work both ways even if your role was serving the mafia. You could possibly surpass Noni as that most elusive cleverest mafia player ;) However, your actions and reasons behind them seem to be pro town, so for now I will consider your role as such.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Rene wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:27 am
phox wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:10 am
Yeah, nothing mystical about my diurnal rhythm, if you look at my posts you can see some of them are posted at 1:00 or 2:00 GMT, it's a little hard to not fall asleep before 20:00 GMT if i'm having one of those days.

There's nothing I personally gain, but there's a lot that we do, collectively. I'll not come off with full details unless I absolutely have to. Life is a gamble, I play it everytime I evaluate your NTAs because there's nothing else I can do, you'll just have to trust me on this one.

But I wonder, why are you not unvoting me, @phox?

Despite I made it very clear that there're things to be gained by lynching me last, and nothing to be gained by lynching me first, (because yourself blocked my vote right.), you are still trying to get me first?

Why?
So do you mean the sleep thing is not game related? you have a weird schedule IRL or what do you mean?
Also, elaborate the underlined section please @Rene

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

behemoth wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:44 am
So what you said makes sense and is credible, but it could work both ways even if your role was serving the mafia. You could possibly surpass Noni as that most elusive cleverest mafia player ;) However, your actions and reasons behind them seem to be pro town, so for now I will consider your role as such.
Haha, thanks @behemoth :D I'm sure I'm the most elusive cleverest mafia player, especially now in my first ever online mafia game :lol:

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Yes, it's my sleep schedule IRL.

I don't want to repeat myself, but the fact that you got my voting right revoked warrants me a right to survive till the deadline.
Saying 'No, Rene. We don't believe you, you are scum and you die now." then lynching me instantly will earn the town nothing when compared to turning your attention back to me when it's closer to the deadline. But if I what I claim is true, it damages the town a lot. You can do the math.

So please, unvote me for now. Except our 3 michelin star chef, I know they can no longer change their votes and I hold no grudges for that.
Last edited by Rene on Fri May 01, 2020 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

So @Bombaclaat has an allegedly weird role.
And @Rene wishes to keep his allegedly unhelpful (but vitally important) role a secret.
@phox has come out as the vote-compeller.

And @Sander and @Heffie hint at going after me again. :D
So @Sander, update us on your NTA?

Skuggi
Reactions:

Post by Skuggi »

Coming into today, I was highly suspicious of phox. I didn't like the way she defended Emilly till the end (though not as far as Rene), attacking people making reasonable arguments and voluntarily revealing their roles:
phox wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:11 pm
YEAH. I don't believe valli! not one second. thanks valli for coming to the mafia's aid and trying to lynch our only investigator, you gave me a lot of clarity.
Only when faced with overwhelming evidence and with the tide turning against Emilly, she reluctantly voted for her. That along with Emilly's pleas towards phox and talking of betrayal felt strange:
Emilly wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:27 pm
I have no words....what schould I do you believe me? Just like Radwulf? How can you kill your only investigator who can see who is infected?
@phox whats wrong with you?
However, phox's role claim seems reasonable, and she has the track record of people who've been targeted. I had guessed that the ability belonged to one of the conspirators, as it fit with their ability to convince people of the most bizarre things. Therapist does make sense though, although I would have expected a therapist to do more listening than forcing others to do something.
phox wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:36 am
Role: Therapist
I help people cope with the stress of being isolated and so far away from the rest of the world. I offer them comfort by listening to them and I give them friendly advice. I am the person that gives people the idea who they should vote for.(NTA)

[...]
So, I need to think some more, but I wanted to address this now.

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

Sander wrote:
Clemens wrote:
Zero - active when time permits, tries hard to go after suspects (to a point he'll use any little he can find), his role claim put Emilly in a tight spot.
I don't trust zero at all. Due to all his ignoring in the previous day. And because of this little information:

PS, the person who has knowledge about the strings used, you should pressure him a bit as well. I do not articulate an opinion about Gridfon and valli because I'd call them scum anyway. And Gridfon has helped the town. Noni is innocent in my opinion.
Rene wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:51 am
I tend to be a bit playful at times.

But looking back at the posts of Bomboclaat and seeing that both of us are asking to be lynched last, let me give you more food for thought.

The most important argument I can offer for now to be lynched last, is that I'm already vote blocked which means there's nothing I can do to shift the fate of another one or my own with a vote, unlike others that you can lynch.
Sander wrote:

I had to dig some posts, but here Joesatri confirms he got infected on N2.
joesatri wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:26 pm
This is what the story said in my email from the mod, that I was not feeling well, and I went to get checked out, and it turns out I am infected with the virus, but it was discovered too late.

That's what initially got me thinking about the infection happening during N1. Turns out I read too much into it. I was simply infected that night (N2), and was going to die at the end of the day.
Is this the game plan you guys concocted last night? Really? Let's pretend @zero is scum because he didn't answer @Sander's repeated attempts to try and milk further info regarding his NTA? Please. All I have to do is look at your voting record and see that none of you voted for @emily or @Mary and in fact were an impediment to their lynching but both were very happy to vote for @radwulf and @Trigardon. As a result, you two are either the most useless townies in this whole game or mafia. I saw no reason yesterday to give away more details regarding my role and NTA especially after @emily turned out to be scum.

Moreover, I saw @Sander's repeated attempt to imply that I am the one doing the mandatory cleaning orders as an obvious ploy to save @emily from the lynch since my revelations put her under significant pressure. As a result, bearing in mind I was also dealing with real life matters, I chose to only reply to queries coming from players that I knew were most likely townies and not give @Sander and his attempt to divert attention from @emily any traction.

Gridfon wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:59 am
If Radwulf actually had Mandatory Cleaning on N1 then he would have told us about it before dying (along with all the other generic game information he tried to leave behind). So any possibility of zero being the Mandatory Cleaning guy would likely imply that zero lied about his N1 target. Did he lie just so he can lynch Emilly and gain credibility in town?
You forgot to add the following:

- defended radwulf vehemently because I genuinely thought his role was plausible and didn't see the contradiction raised by joesatri and used by others to attack him
- claimed and brought arguments why both @Mary and @SilveXtru are mafia before @EC's revelations and @SilveXtru's withdrawal
- pushed hard to lynch @Mary first when others including @emily tried very hard to delay and if possible prevent this in order to most likely try and decouple her from @EC
- voluntarily came forth with information regarding my NTA which later proved that @emily was lying

Once you add all of them up, the only sane conclusion one can draw is that I have either been a useful townie or a very bad mafia player.

Anyway, I see no reason to provide further details regarding my role or NTA as long as there are players such as @Rene that haven't done so or @Sander who has already admitted to lying to us. I am convinced @Sander and @Rene's attack on me was premeditated and probably planned last night and my vote will therefore go to @Rene as soon as I figure out how on earth you are meant to vote with this new system.

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

vote Rene

I think this has done it? I also clicked on the poll above the page first. Sorry if I broke something @Daemon :(

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Aren't you guys a delight?

Let's all vote the only person who can't vote, but also claims it's vital that they get lynched last. Wonderful. Go on.

"Premeditated attack", while all I said was that it was a good point Sander made. I hate you to my bones, zero. But not every neighbour has to like each other.

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

Rene wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:22 am
Aren't you guys a delight?

Let's all vote the only person who can't vote, but also claims it's vital that they get lynched last. Wonderful. Go on.

"Premeditated attack", while all I said was that it was a good point Sander made. I hate you to my bones, zero. But not every neighbour has to like each other.
I genuinely don't hate you and I am actually sorry and apologise for the fact that I seem to have provoked something in you that made you hate me. However, you must surely realise how ridiculous your request is bearing in mind your refusal to offer any compelling reasons and your voting record.

Sander
Reactions:

Post by Sander »

So I'm pointing at three people. Where two respond. "Coming at me again lol." And the other "I don't need to tell you shit". Strong.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

zero wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:41 am
However, you must surely realise how ridiculous your request is bearing in mind your refusal to offer any compelling reasons and your voting record.
What's so ridiculous about it? I'm saying lynch me last today and focus on other suspicious targets first, if you have to lynch me at all, because I can't vote anyways. That's very basic critical thinking. By going after me, you aren't only lynching a townie, but you're also wasting our precious day.

Do I have to hold your hand and go through all the possible reasons as to why one would make such a request from their first post of the day?

I'm not saying don't lynch me. I know there's nothing I can do if you're all set in lynching me. I'm saying something else. Read it carefully.
Last edited by Rene on Fri May 01, 2020 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Skuggi wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:08 am
Coming into today, I was highly suspicious of phox. I didn't like the way she defended Emilly till the end (though not as far as Rene), attacking people making reasonable arguments and voluntarily revealing their roles:
phox wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:11 pm
YEAH. I don't believe valli! not one second. thanks valli for coming to the mafia's aid and trying to lynch our only investigator, you gave me a lot of clarity.
1. @Skuggi so sneaky of you to blow my post completely out of context, I posted that very soon after valli disclosed his role, back when I thought he was a copycat, after he brought more info I admitted I was wrong and apologized

2." til the end is WRONG" , rene was the one that defended her til the end in case you forgot, and ruxi and behemoth defended her longer than I did.

I changed my opinion and vote before them, Ruxi even told me "phox what are you doing, don't let them confuse you!!!" and behemoth was poking around about vallis nta and saying we might have 2 people with the exact same role.
so what you said makes no sense at all @Skuggi and it's probably an attempt to shift the blame from yourself.

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

@Rene
You're going to have to give us something other than "don't lynch me yet".
And your inability to vote doesn't make a difference to your own defense either.

@Sander
Still waiting.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Clemens wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:59 am
And your inability to vote doesn't make a difference to your own defense either.
First of all, I'm not even defending myself. Putting me up and asking for my defense this early on is a distraction. Be it intentional or a honest mistake. Don't fall for it. Vote inability doesn't make any difference on my fate before day 4 ends. But it makes a lot of sense in the short run of making most of day 4.

I'll put my defense up there at the deadline. Rest assured. That's despite knowing now is the better time to relieve the doubts people have about me, as deadline comes closer people just tend to trust their prior instincts and vote.

Focus your attention on the true evils. Then come for me, if you must.

For the last time I'm begging, unvote me.