Mafia 1 - The CROWN - GAME OVER!

Guilt is a numbers game.
Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Of course after reading my post above you feel like I have misinterpreted what you have typed feel free to explain further or again. A townie would want to make sure everything is crystal clear.

radwulf
Reactions:

Post by radwulf »

Moxy, I wanted to be sure the infectious-mafia idea is known by other townies, because it will take more than one day to determine its truth, and I'm only guaranteed to live one day, this one.

As I made clear from the beginning, the idea is improbable but worth considering. It would greatly affect the game dynamics and optimal townie strategy, so townies should be aware of it. In risk management, one considers and prepares for low-probability high-impact events.

Your overreaction was completely unwarranted. You distorted a mere mention into belief and voted me for it even though I used less than one paragraph for it and I continued my efforts to identify suspicious posting and to talk people out of non-substance posting.

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

Hmm ... besides Moxy and raduwulf having their big theatralic discussion on day 1, which I appreciate, as it brings at least some action; they are more people which should contribute something here. A lot of them are quiet, Skuggi for example never responded to my vote on him and vanished into silence again. Stringer, pelasgi also no single comment here yet?

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Yeah where’s the damn quiet ones!

At least myself and radwulf is making something of the day.

And radwulf thanK you for explaining further I am a slow understanding person ^^. That post is exactly what I wanted, apart from no one has tried to join the bandwagon unless you count myself. Shame tactic didn’t work, whether that’s cause your mafia or because I’m just bad at trying to stir up mafia behaviour who knows for now but I got what I wanted per say so for now

Unvote radwulf

zero
Reactions:

Post by zero »

Daemon wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:57 pm
Moxy receives a warning. This isn't your usual online game community. If you will, it's sort of a PG12 environment, minors have been playing this game and are allowed to read it. Usually, one should not employ strong language to transmit a message, when they can use logic.
Haha, this is so true. I must have been 12 when I first joined.

Anyway, back to our game at hand, I find the pacifists among us who promote "no lynch" as if to not raise any suspicion very suspicious. As other people have mentioned before, our only hope as townies is day-time lynching. Promoting any other behavior is typical of a rookie mob trying to "lay low" and not attract any attention upon themselves. Candidates here are Trigardon and MrWaffles.

The other obvious suspect is Moxy but I cannot yet decide whether it's because he is a mob or just a tad too exuberant and excitable.

For now, I will unvote: Sander since there are other players worthier of my vote but I shall keep an eye on him as the game progresses because a part of me still thinks he was fishing for information.

EDIT: typo.

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

Moxy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:16 pm
Yeah where’s the damn quiet ones!

At least myself and radwulf is making something of the day.

And radwulf thanK you for explaining further I am a slow understanding person ^^. That post is exactly what I wanted, apart from no one has tried to join the bandwagon unless you count myself. Shame tactic didn’t work, whether that’s cause your mafia or because I’m just bad at trying to stir up mafia behaviour who knows for now but I got what I wanted per say so for now

Unvote radwulf
Ha, interesting spin. But I don't like it.

Doesn't make full sense. Why unvoting radwulf then?

You said it yourself, if the mafia didn't jump on the bamdwagon then the probability is that he is mafia.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

I agree escape the probability is high because mafia didn’t jump on the bandwagon. So why unvote you ask? My view is that there is another 48hours of the day left and I feel that I have gotten all I can out of radwulf for now. If my the end of play I see no one else more worthy I will put my vote back on but for now I don’t think it will do townies any help if I just concentrate on one person.

Here’s a question to you guys thinking I’m mafia, if so and radwulf was the target where was my mates to help out?

No one came to help me, because I don’t have mafia mates. People came to help him though...

Stringer
Reactions:

Post by Stringer »

I just like to watch :)

A few things come to mind
Psychologically, to a mafia, players would look divided in two groups, while from towny's perspective, everyone are equal.
Therefore, it is natural for a towny, especially one not very well versed in math, to come up with 1/28 probability on instinct. To him, everyone are equal. The mafia, on other hand, would instinctively think of two groups, and will start making assumptions based on that.
(and btw, math wise, situation is simple: given that some player is targeted, the healer still have a choice of 28 people. So it is 1/28 chance for a healer to select the right one. Regardless of how many mafia there is. If the healer can't protect himself (I am new to mafia, so no idea about that) it would change the math slightly, but only slightly)

From that, people who instinctively consider everyone to be equal, like Sander, seems less suspicious, while those who jump at conclusions based on a notion that there are two distinct groups, seems more like mafia types.

Based on what is written in the rules section of the forum, there should be 1/3 of mafia players, 2/3 of townys.
If mafia would turn townys into mafia, that would make the game mathematically unsound, as with each kill, the difference between number of townys and mafia would change by 2, which is too fast for an even game. I don't think Daemon, with all his experience would make something so unbalanced.
Well, or the rules are incomplete and there are a lot less starting mafia than we think, without it being state in game rules. Worth keeping in mind, but very unlikely.

When choosing someone to randomly vote at start, people would more often choose someone they know. And protect someone they know.
Which could be them knowing each other from some game, or knowing each other because they are mafia.
So if you know that two specific people are from different games yet you seem them acting like they know each other on page 1, joking between each other or something like this, it would strike me as suspicious.
Noni wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:04 am
thanks radwulf for making things interesting.
also, vote zero for voting radwulf :)
Are those 3 supposed to know each other? I radwulf and zero could be from savage, if memory serves, but I can't remember Noni.

**** you Gridfon, don't you think I didn't see you voting me :p

I don't know who to vote yet.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Moxy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:47 pm
I agree escape the probability is high because mafia didn’t jump on the bandwagon. So why unvote you ask? My view is that there is another 48hours of the day left and I feel that I have gotten all I can out of radwulf for now. If my the end of play I see no one else more worthy I will put my vote back on but for now I don’t think it will do townies any help if I just concentrate on one person.

Here’s a question to you guys thinking I’m mafia, if so and radwulf was the target where was my mates to help out?

No one came to help me, because I don’t have mafia mates. People came to help him though...
Moxy that argument would not stand up because it's not like mafia tend to wear matching t-shirts with "best mates" written on them in big bold letters:)

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

True but not one person. Questioned the things I did. Surely they would of least questioned it?

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Stringer wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:49 pm
I just like to watch :)

When choosing someone to randomly vote at start, people would more often choose someone they know. And protect someone they know.
Which could be them knowing each other from some game, or knowing each other because they are mafia.
So if you know that two specific people are from different games yet you seem them acting like they know each other on page 1, joking between each other or something like this, it would strike me as suspicious.
Noni wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:04 am
thanks radwulf for making things interesting.
also, vote zero for voting radwulf :)
Are those 3 supposed to know each other? I radwulf and zero could be from savage, if memory serves, but I can't remember Noni.

**** you Gridfon, don't you think I didn't see you voting me :p

I don't know who to vote yet.
Stringer, you lost me when you started going into the psychology of Mafia players and then the ratios. Much ado about nothing if you ask me.
You did recapture my attention when you so nicely asked everyone else if "those 3 know each other".
So here it is from the horse's mouth : yes we know each other from the olden times when we were young and beautiful. Make more sense to you now?

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Moxy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:01 pm
True but not one person. Questioned the things I did. Surely they would of least questioned it?
To be fair, You were already under a line of questioning from radwulf so how much heat can one person take? :)

I'm not sure if you are bad and bad at it or good and unlucky. But you're interesting so I'm putting a pin in that thought.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

EscapedConvict wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:23 pm
Noni wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:16 pm
problem is my imagination isn't that crazy and i can't figure out any twist that would make sense.
Because it would be in line with the virus Covid-19 themed game play?

But then again, infected people could just mean they can't vote (i.e. Joesatri) or kill at night
Yes EC, it would be in line with the covid story. But I don't think it's townies getting infected and changing sides.
More likely people have night time abilities that they can use to force specific behaviour from other players during the day. (joesatri being unwell)
Question is are the powers of good being used upon us or is it pure evil?

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Well personally unable to vote would be traitor or mafia skill since the vote is townie a strongest weapon. Taking that away would only help mafia or traitor surely?

Skuggi
Reactions:

Post by Skuggi »

valli wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:58 pm
Hmm ... besides Moxy and raduwulf having their big theatralic discussion on day 1, which I appreciate, as it brings at least some action; they are more people which should contribute something here. A lot of them are quiet, Skuggi for example never responded to my vote on him and vanished into silence again. Stringer, pelasgi also no single comment here yet?
You are right, we won't get anywhere if people don't contribute. As for why I didn't respond to your vote, I didn't see much substance behind it.

With that said, it looks like everyone except Rene and Pelasgi are accounted for. Are you guys here?

Vote: Rene

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Moxy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:19 pm
Well personally unable to vote would be traitor or mafia skill since the vote is townie a strongest weapon. Taking that away would only help mafia or traitor surely?
Yeah, I tend to agree. So I guess that makes Joe a good one in spite of his constant dad jokes.
We're getting somewhere moxy.

Sander
Reactions:

Post by Sander »

Moxy wrote:
So on day one, without a kill and without any knowledge what so ever, your reasoning is as following: I'm not mafia because if I were, my mafia team would have started to bandwagon and kill off Radwulf?

Do you really believe that? Because I find it more reasonable, that the mafia does not want to cover for a fool who wants to so eagerly reveal he's mafia. And therefor, if your foolish behavior would have led to you being - possibly -lynched, your mafia buddies could use you as the sacrificial lamb. And therefor advocating as town people. Because, well, just look at me! I killed the bad guy.

And zero, I'm very sorry that you believe that. While at the same time, you don't seem to have any problem with someone calling for a role declaration. Thus, for what you make implicitly out of something - that has not been said - is worth your vote. But when someone asks explicitly for it, you don't care. Care to elaborate on that?

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

I truly believe that mafia would of tried to find a way to bandwagon onto radwulf, remember I was the third vote, not the first, I was trying to set a trap to see who would bite, no one did which makes my suspicion of radwulf a little but that’s all I got hence why I removed the vote since I don’t thinks it’s enough.

Was my behaviour reckless from a townie point of view yes I understand that completely but it was a risk I was willing to take nothing happened, mafia didn’t bite so radwulf is high on my mafia list.

In all honesty I was trying to make something happen. I ain’t a newbie and if I was mafia it would of been bad play from me since no action only helps mafia. I was trying to get something to happen. What would you prefer me stay quiet and just let everyone say hi and get nowhere?

Mary
Reactions:

Post by Mary »

So far Moxy has been very boisterous in his steadfast belief that there's no way daemon would tweak the game (despite this being a very novel theme and a comeback edition) and then backed down from radwulf (out of desperation cause he's been sussed out perhaps?), and then tried to justify the unproportionally zealous behavior by saying it was a tactic to trick the mafia into jumping to radwulf's defense.

Followed by the frankly funny reasoning that (I'm putting this loosely)'if you had been mafia your friends would have jumped at the chance to help you out'.

I agreed with you when questioning the 'no lynch' approach Trigardon employed, cause that was logical. The rest of it is not logical.

So Moxy joins my list of suspiciousness.

My vote stays with Phox for now just to get her to join us. :)

Mary
Reactions:

Post by Mary »

zero wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:25 pm

The other obvious suspect is Moxy but I cannot yet decide whether it's because he is a mob or just a tad too exuberant and excitable.
That's funny zero, cause it's exactly how I remember your posting style from the old games :lol:

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Moxy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:20 pm
EscapedConvict wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:14 pm
Moxy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:30 am
Princess is not onto something. It’s complete bullshit and people actually considering it is hugely suspicious to me.

If this is the case then it will be very difficult thing for the townies to win. You talking about mafia becoming more people and less townies. So what one night suddenly instead of say 4 mafia they suddenly become 5 ?

The game of mafia is the minority in the know against the majority not in the know. This scenario would break that fundamental rule and break the game and the amount of games radwulf has modded he should know this.

Now radwulfs first scenario, that I could see happening and maybe is but the last one is complete BS from someone so experienced and has actually modded these games themselves.

Unvote Trigardon

Vote Radwulf
Actually radwulf suggested it first.
Also you are aware you're giving radwulf a 3rd bandwagon vote and doing that before he had the chance to respond correct?

The theory could work in a very wonky game of mafia (which Daemon is capabale of) because of the following:
1. you can make the number of initial mafia roles a lot smaller percentage then usual to balance for the mafia recruiting more members as the game goes along
2. mafia not killing at night also counterbalances forces in favor of the town, numbers wise.

Anyhow, the fact that you jumped so viciously (3rd bandwagon vote) plus you didn't take the time to break down the logic makes you now very suspicious to me.
SilveXtru is also guilty of poor logic as well.
I don’t think it’s poor logic but to be honest no i didn’t realise that my vote was the third vote but at the moment to me he is the most suspicious. And it’s not like he has enough for lynch at the moment. For fuck sake he needs another 7 for even a deadline lynch. I cast my vote because I believe he deserves some pressure. Casting the third vote when you need 10 for a deadline. Sure that’s bandwagon. But thank you for suddenly jumping to his defence.
Oh no moxy. Just when you were beginning to grow on me you go and so obviously contradict yourself. Why?!

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Moxy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:01 pm
I truly believe that mafia would of tried to find a way to bandwagon onto radwulf, remember I was the third vote, not the first, I was trying to set a trap to see who would bite, no one did which makes my suspicion of radwulf a little but that’s all I got hence why I removed the vote since I don’t thinks it’s enough.

Was my behaviour reckless from a townie point of view yes I understand that completely but it was a risk I was willing to take nothing happened, mafia didn’t bite so radwulf is high on my mafia list.

In all honesty I was trying to make something happen. I ain’t a newbie and if I was mafia it would of been bad play from me since no action only helps mafia. I was trying to get something to happen. What would you prefer me stay quiet and just let everyone say hi and get nowhere?
Oops

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

I have to admit it does look suspicious I even did say it’s a risky tactic, but you take one post from when I was trying to pressure radwulf and the. Take a post after I admitted what I was doing and compare them when obviously they’re going to be different because of my change of tactic.

What was I meant to do at the time of that quote? Admit to you oh yeah hey guys I’m trying to set a trap to see who jumps on the bandwagon so go on guys fall into it?

I know I look suspicious but hey what can I do but tell the truth.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Well that was a long and interesting read. Took me a while, but now I'm finally up to speed, so I will be talking about a number of things that seemed peculiar to me from a while back. Personally, I don't see why the mafia spin-off scenario is so vehemently contradicted by some (Moxy), especially so brutal and in very early stages of the game. Wasn't the last game of mafia a long time ago? Why not come back with a twist? I'm not saying that exact theory is the valid one, but I am open to the fact that it might have some truth to it, because of Joesatri's weird "symptoms" and the fact that nobody has died in the first night.
I'll start with pointing out that I think it's sketchy that @Moxy 's only argument is actually pretty vague and it's based on "ruining the sacred principles and mechanics of mafia" , moxy says the same thing twice, with a slight change of wording:
Moxy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:30 am
Princess is not onto something. It’s complete bullshit and people actually considering it is hugely suspicious to me.

If this is the case then it will be very difficult thing for the townies to win. You talking about mafia becoming more people and less townies. So what one night suddenly instead of say 4 mafia they suddenly become 5 ?

The game of mafia is the minority in the know against the majority not in the know. This scenario would break that fundamental rule and break the game and the amount of games radwulf has modded he should know this.

Now radwulfs first scenario, that I could see happening and maybe is but the last one is complete BS from someone so experienced and has actually modded these games themselves.

Unvote Trigardon

Vote Radwulf
Also here:
Moxy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:52 pm
EscapedConvict wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:26 pm
Moxy, can you explain why you don't think its flawed logic?

I'd also be careful with the language. For one, it's against the rules and secondly it reveals your anger
Because if you can continue to turn towines into mafia soon mafia will become a group of 7-10 or more unless we lynch someone successfully. I just don’t think daemon would break the fundamental rules of mafia by having become the majority that way. It’s simple not how the game mechanics work.

That numbe is a rough guess on just having a third be mafia. I actually don’t k ow how many there is.
Moving on, it is becoming difficult to follow your ideas, @Moxy because you start going in circles, contradicting yourself
Moxy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:20 pm
EscapedConvict wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:14 pm

Actually radwulf suggested it first.
Also you are aware you're giving radwulf a 3rd bandwagon vote and doing that before he had the chance to respond correct?

The theory could work in a very wonky game of mafia (which Daemon is capabale of) because of the following:
1. you can make the number of initial mafia roles a lot smaller percentage then usual to balance for the mafia recruiting more members as the game goes along
2. mafia not killing at night also counterbalances forces in favor of the town, numbers wise.

Anyhow, the fact that you jumped so viciously (3rd bandwagon vote) plus you didn't take the time to break down the logic makes you now very suspicious to me.
SilveXtru is also guilty of poor logic as well.
I don’t think it’s poor logic but to be honest no i didn’t realise that my vote was the third vote but at the moment to me he is the most suspicious. And it’s not like he has enough for lynch at the moment. For fuck sake he needs another 7 for even a deadline lynch. I cast my vote because I believe he deserves some pressure. Casting the third vote when you need 10 for a deadline. Sure that’s bandwagon. But thank you for suddenly jumping to his defence.

And finally the worst argument I could have possibly read today was the one where you said that because nobody is coming to your rescue it means you are not mafia, have you considered it is because you are not making any sense? : ) and acting pretty suspicious, like others have also pointed out.
Moxy wrote:
I VOTE Moxy

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Oh here’s someone not reading posts and jumping on The bandwagon hey mafia person. I just posted why I contradict myself. But sure don’t read it just jump on the bandwagon to kill of a townie.

And I k ow what you mafia lot will say next day, oh we voted for moxy because he was playing so poor. All I ask the townies is not to accept that as an excuse for them to kill of a townie

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

I can’t believe people are using thE fact that I dont believe you can turn townies into mafia as an excuse to lynch me and that not contradicting my self I never stop believing that. but hey at least the townies can see when they do lynch me what the mafia is doing.

So when ImGone cause I’m sure the mafia will make sure I’m lynch on the first day of mafia we’ll done, I just ask townies to remember this.

We’re all in this together

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Can I ask cause I am 100% townie what can I do to prove it?

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

@Moxy if you look at the timestamps of our posts you'll see yours was posted right before mine, one minute to be precise, the last thing I read before posting my message was not what you said, so yes, I do read the messages. Regardless, your "tactic switching" and contradictions still don't seem to me like a super bright thing a townie would do.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Oh and another under what circumstances do I need to claim a role. Do I need a certain amount of votes or can I claim whenever ? I’ve read it and claiming my role I’m hope would save me but I’m not sure I’m allowed just yet.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

phox wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:00 pm
@Moxy if you look at the timestamps of our posts you'll see yours was posted right before mine, one minute to be precise, the last thing I read before posting my message was not what you said, so yes, I do read the messages. Regardless, your "tactic switching" and contradictions still don't seem to me like a super bright thing a townie would do.
Yeah well I knew the tactic was risky for this very reason I tried to dangle honey and I got stung what can I do now. Like I said just remember when I’m gone the ones not even discussing with me and just calling me mafia and that’s it.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

phox wrote:
Sorry about this, I was wrong, had an old version open in my browser that I didn't refresh so what I said here about the messages being one minute apart is not valid, my bad
Last edited by phox on Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

At least I made the day interesting it was as boring before me this is what I wanted (without the lynch part mind you).

I think a role claim might save me but I’m in two minds to make that claim plus do I need a certain amount of votes or?

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

phox wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:05 pm
phox wrote:
Sorry about this, I was wrong, had an old version open in my browser that I didn't refresh so what I said here about the messages being one minute apart is not valid, my bad

Right the time stamps say there was an hour difference roughly between the posts surley it didn’t take you an hour to type they, if so then your trying to be careful what you type. Only mafia would be THAT paranoid. I know this will be glossed over because the suspicion is on me and everything think I am deflecting but does no one else find that suspicious?

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

There is little time left and the deadline to end of Day 1 is fast approaching.

Nothing bugs me more and nothing reeks more of scumish stink then complete lack of participation.
So, unvote Moxy (FOR NOW)

and vote Pelasgi which has no posts so far and was summoned a few times by others.
Also he has a couple votes already which is good.
Lynching someone that does not participate at all is a priority over any other weak reasoning gathered or argument that can be made on the first day.
Hope he speaks soon, otherwise I invite all responsible townies to bandwagon and eliminate him.

The only other one with a zero post count is:
Renegade

Other notables that have only 1 post so far, in other words "let me just say something so they don't suspect me" behavior, are as follows:
Adela (which also cast a bandwagon vote on radwulf with no reasoning and disappeared)
Bombaclaat
Emilly
Gridfon
Stringer
Telvek

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

@Moxy Is this a lame attempt to accuse me of something?:)) just because I was typing a message then I decided I have to finish doing my meal prep for tomorrow cause I only have 30 min lunch break and then went back to finish my message.

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

Moxy, see below for the latest update on role claims. Now would be a good time for you to do come forth with your role.
Daemon wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:01 am
At certain of our peers' behest, that rule requiring a minimum amount of votes before allowing players to require role claims from others has been removed. (Just making sure it was known, although the game rules are in the 1st post.)

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

That might be the case and to be honest I tend to believe you but come on surley you recognise why I brought that
Up? Taking so long to type a post? How was I meant to k ow you were on your lunch break. I posted the facts as I saw them at the time.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Thanks Behe and I might just have to do that before the day ends.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

phox wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:26 pm
@Moxy Is this a lame attempt to accuse me of something?:)) just because I was typing a message then I decided I have to finish doing my meal prep for tomorrow cause I only have 30 min lunch break and then went back to finish my message.
Also it was an hour difference not 30... unless your typing whilst your meant to be working which might be the case but I still stand by my reason that it was something worth bringing up.

Mary
Reactions:

Post by Mary »

Hi Phox, nice of you to join us, I'll remove my nudge :) unvote Phox
Moxy wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:55 pm
Can I ask cause I am 100% townie what can I do to prove it?
Moxy, I'm sorry but I gotta say from re-reading the thread and a few other peoples' summaries of your behaviour, it's not looking good. BTW, saying you're 100% townie isn't that credible based on what you've said so far.

I hadn't voted for you yet since although you'd topped my suspicion list, I agreed with how you called out Trigardon right off the bat.

Saying that though, you also backed off immediately when he said it's cause he didn't want to accuse people at random - Although the day inevitably started with a few random votes in the very early hours (totally normal for day 1), there's been plenty logical analysis since with people justifying their votes. No one was ever suggesting we should all select someone to lynch randomly and just hope for the best.

I'm very tempted to vote for you right now, but since I'm working tomorrow and won't get a chance to check the thread until near the end of the game day, the votes may have added up and there's a slim chance that you're an overzealous townie with questionable "mob bandwagon trapping techniques"... I'll wait to see what you come up with to make this sound any better before I cast my vote your way.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

I said my lunchbreak is 30min tomorrow (!) during work so I don't have time to cook anything substantial. Why would I be having a lunchbreak at midnight? What are you trying to do @Moxy :))?

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Seems like you are just very desperate and you are grabbing whatever you can hold on to, creating conspiracies that make no sense, again.

PS sorry to the rest that are focusing on the thread and this off topic thing is turning into a distraction, just wanted to get the story straight

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

EscapedConvict wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:24 pm
There is little time left and the deadline to end of Day 1 is fast approaching. Nothing bugs me more and nothing reeks more of scumish stink then complete lack of participation.
I agree with you about the lack of participation. Can I propose a slight change in tactic to target those who not only posted something to get a checkmark for attendance and then disappeared, but whose 1 or 2 posts were actually suspicious? If yes, can we reconsider Siderite's case - see my post #60 for why I think he's highly suspicious.

Also, by this point in the game there has been enough activity to make some educated guesses. I think it would benefit the townies if we collectively decide our next move - i.e., should we target the low participation players, or go with the ones who who are high on the suspect list because of inconsistencies, contradictions, and/or weak logic.

Which leads me to my next point about Moxy, who is in the latter category and has earned my suspicions for all the reasons mentioned by the other players. I still can't decide if it's a case of overzealousness gone wrong, but I'd like to hear his role before deciding on my next and hopefully final vote for the day.

Unvote: EscapedConvict

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

One last note about Adela - she is completely new to the game and might be feeling slightly overwhelmed. Still doesn't get her off the hook, but if we were to vote based on non-participation then I'd pick an inactive player who at least knew what they signed up for.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

I know you are right Mary I thought you might be in a different time zone and you were saying that you only had 30 minute lunch break I messed up again. Sigh I’m sorry I screwed up guess not having played this game in a while I was just very over eager and got caught up and the mafia has pounced on it.

I’m the security chief so basically my role says im stupid which fits because I played today rather poorly and I only have my brute strength and stupidity. What My NTA is I will leave until later, I don’t want to give mafia too much On the first day. All I can say townies is that I’m sorry for playing poorly.

What you count as clutching at straws was stuff I was finding suspicious to make it easier for townies to go back to when you lynch me to look at who is mafia trying to lynch a townie. I am still trying to give townies as much helpful i formation I can before I die. That’s the solid truth.

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Huh, things got out of hand really quick. I had to skip most of the posts, but blind lynching on the first day. Is this your first rodeo? I hope you do know who it serves.

Vote NO LYNCH

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

behemoth wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:03 am
EscapedConvict wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:24 pm
There is little time left and the deadline to end of Day 1 is fast approaching. Nothing bugs me more and nothing reeks more of scumish stink then complete lack of participation.
I agree with you about the lack of participation. Can I propose a slight change in tactic to target those who not only posted something to get a checkmark for attendance and then disappeared, but whose 1 or 2 posts were actually suspicious? If yes, can we reconsider Siderite's case - see my post #60 for why I think he's highly suspicious.
I did notice Siderite's quick vote on you but it was right at the start of day 1 and a bit on the funny side.
I agree with you though, that it's time for him return, reconsider his vote and offer some meaningful thoughts now.

I don't have a problem with voting for him at this point. He's a good candidate but I think Pelasgi is a better one at the moment.
He played before and has no excuse.

Not sure if renagade is new or not.
behemoth wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:03 am
Also, by this point in the game there has been enough activity to make some educated guesses. I think it would benefit the townies if we collectively decide our next move - i.e., should we target the low participation players, or go with the ones who who are high on the suspect list because of inconsistencies, contradictions, and/or weak logic.

Which leads me to my next point about Moxy, who is in the latter category and has earned my suspicions for all the reasons mentioned by the other players. I still can't decide if it's a case of overzealousness gone wrong, but I'd like to hear his role before deciding on my next and hopefully final vote for the day.
Unvote: EscapedConvict
I will reiterate what I said. I strongly believe that on the first day lynching a player that is 100% inactive is very important for 2 main reasons:
1. mafia scum behavior
2. he/she is useless to us townies. can't help with discussions or vote. why should they live?

But of course, behemoth, you know that already. There are few more OGs that I'm waiting to hear from on this matter, you were one of them.

To the new or less experienced players, please break down that logic and join us.

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

Can we please tone it down with the acronyms everyone:) I played before and have no clue what NTA and OG are, and I can only imagine what it's like to be in the shoes of a new player.

behemoth
Reactions:

Post by behemoth »

Rene wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:23 am
Huh, things got out of hand really quick. I had to skip most of the posts, but blind lynching on the first day. Is this your first rodeo? I hope you do know who it serves.

Vote NO LYNCH
Blind lynching? Clearly you did skip most of the posts. What serves the town best is players reading the posts and making informed decisions about who to vote for. Not reading and a no lynch serves the mafia.

Moxy
Reactions:

Post by Moxy »

Oh sorry NTA is night time ability

And I would guess OG means originals(veterans) but I’m not to sure on that front