Guilt is a numbers game.
valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

Siderite wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:05 am
Gridfon wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:33 am
It's time for me to declare my role. I am convinced I have to do it before the night anyway, and I prefer to be able to discuss all of this before deciding on the first instant lynch target for today.

I am a Researcher. I actually hinted at this in my first post of this game:
Gridfon wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:02 pm
Good morning, fellow researchers.
Every night, I visit someone's room to collect air samples. By analyzing these samples, I can tell whether any infected player has been in my target's room since the last decontamination (this includes the host of the room themselves).
I am sure we all want a "Researcher" going in our rooms at night, looking for "infection". I find it suspicious that you can determine the presence of an infected person in a room but you can't tell who is infected (considering they are sleeping in the room you visit, presumably). However, if something infection related does happen to Clemens, it does not prove anything, considering you went into his room to ascertain that, so you might just as well infected him yourself. Most everything is deception, as life rolls on. There are few exceptions, I doubt you are the one.
Actually I find his role description very sound. It is well balanced and not too powerful and not too weak.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

phox wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:07 am
Yeah, everyone is speaking in puzzles today. Maybe I am just unable to follow properly, what is this "Newerth" @Gridfon and how do you know which players are part of it?

@Sander why are you committing suicide and are you trying to send us a message or clues with those distinct capital letters you scattered around your post?

" He is the hero Newerth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight. He's the element of Nocturne, the RaGe of Demonic Monsters, White Wolves, once a Sun barely an Earth he is EvOlved but most of all, he remains an element of Nocturne."
I tried to solve this for 3 max 4 min before giving up. I got 4 words which don't make sense. Blah!

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

I think it's a safe bet that there is mafia among the last-minute trio of valli, Nanaa and Sander. We heard some explanations from valli and Sander.

The chances are: the true mafia is/are the silent ones hiding behind Sander's vocal last-moment decision. He gave everyone an excuse to not stop the lynch yesterday, and this far his defense today has allowed Nanaa to stay fully in shadows. We can get back to analyzing the reason for Sander to be destructive later in the day, but for now I want to move on to the next target.

@Nanaa: Stop hiding under that floor mat!

unvote Sander
vote Nanaa

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Sander wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:16 am
Noni wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:12 am
Are you actually slitting your wrists?! Is this mandatory? Why?
It's not mandatory. I preferably take my life into my own hands, then in yours.
Is this because you don't want us to get clues from daemon about your death?

Sander
Reactions:

Post by Sander »

phox wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:25 am
Sander wrote:
Noni wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:12 am
Are you actually slitting your wrists?! Is this mandatory? Why?
I never even thought about that. My grandiose idea was to make a dramatic scene, in which you would never forget me, and regret that I died. I might need to reconsider, if that means you don't get any clues about my death.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Because Mind uses his specific methods to reveal the newest hacks and cheats. Methods uncommon to the ordinary folk, yet successful. Mind is beyond clans or similar bindings. He is the hero Newerth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight. He's the element of Nocturne, the RaGe of Demonic Monsters, White Wolves, once a Sun barely an Earth he is EvOlved but most of all, he remains an element of Nocturne.

- ok so this newerth is a reference to a game with a battle between hellbourne and legion heros @Sander are you trying to tell us something about behemoth? because his character name is from this game?
-some of these capital letters are the initials of some of our players: N R G D M W S E E O N, the players @Gridfon has already mentioned
- MIND, is a reference to the hive mind entity we read about in the beginning of the game (?)
anyone else have any ideas?

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Gridfon wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, the people here who are from Newerth (besides me and Daemon) are: Moxy, Nanaa, Rene, Skuggi, Stringer, Telvek, Trigardon, Valli (and now also Clemens).
phox wrote:
Yeah, everyone is speaking in puzzles today. Maybe I am just unable to follow properly, what is this "Newerth" @Gridfon and how do you know which players are part of it?
Ehh, sorry for not explaining that part. It's not related to the game at hand, and I did not realize it would confuse someone. Newerth is a community for the game called Savage XR. All of the people I listed have been playing (or had previously played) that game for many years (most, if not all, of us: at least since 2006). (In case of Daemon and Skuggi, rather "maintaining" or "updating" than "playing").
Sander wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:29 am
I'm a man of a my word, and hard to convince once my mind has been made up. Because Mind uses his specific methods to reveal the newest hacks and cheats. Methods uncommon to the ordinary folk, yet successful. Mind is beyond clans or similar bindings. He is the hero Newerth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight. He's the element of Nocturne, the RaGe of Demonic Monsters, White Wolves, once a Sun barely an Earth he is EvOlved but most of all, he remains an element of Nocturne.
That's just his pretentious way to tell us "I tricked you by playing under a different name, I'm actually Mind". Mind is another player from Newerth. He listed many player clans from Newerth, and many of us belonged to one over the years: eoN (Telvek, Clemens, Daemon, Mind), RaGe, DeMo (Moxy, Stringer, Trigardon), WW (Nanaa, valli), Sun, Earth (myself), EvO... I would not read much into it, I personally disregarded it as gibberish. I think Mind wanted to tell that at different points throughout the years he belonged to each of these clans.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Sander wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:31 am
phox wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:25 am
Sander wrote:

I never even thought about that. My grandiose idea was to make a dramatic scene, in which you would never forget me, and regret that I died. I might need to reconsider, if that means you don't get any clues about my death.
Yeah cause that's what matters most. People's regrets. SNAP OUT OF IT

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

phox wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:42 am
Because Mind uses his specific methods to reveal the newest hacks and cheats. Methods uncommon to the ordinary folk, yet successful. Mind is beyond clans or similar bindings. He is the hero Newerth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight. He's the element of Nocturne, the RaGe of Demonic Monsters, White Wolves, once a Sun barely an Earth he is EvOlved but most of all, he remains an element of Nocturne.

- ok so this newerth is a reference to a game with a battle between hellbourne and legion heros @Sander are you trying to tell us something about behemoth? because his character name is from this game?
-some of these capital letters are the initials of some of our players: N R G D M W S E E O N, the players @Gridfon has already mentioned
- MIND, is a reference to the hive mind entity we read about in the beginning of the game (?)
anyone else have any ideas?
No idea but stop referring to behemoth as a he. She is a girl! You can tell by how she is quite reasonable in her posts :))
Also cause radwulf said it's his sister.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Gridfon wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:47 am
That's just his pretentious way to tell us "I tricked you by playing under a different name, I'm actually Mind". Mind is another player from Newerth. He listed many player clans from Newerth, and many of us belonged to one over the years: eoN (Telvek, Clemens, Daemon, Mind), RaGe, DeMo (Moxy, Stringer, Trigardon), WW (Nanaa, valli), Sun, Earth (myself), EvO... I would not read much into it, I personally disregarded it as gibberish. I think Mind wanted to tell that at different points throughout the years he belonged to each of these clans.
LOVELY :lol: what can I say? Thanks for clarifying that :)))

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Gridfon wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:47 am
Gridfon wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, the people here who are from Newerth (besides me and Daemon) are: Moxy, Nanaa, Rene, Skuggi, Stringer, Telvek, Trigardon, Valli (and now also Clemens).
phox wrote:
Ehh, sorry for not explaining that part. It's not related to the game at hand, and I did not realize it would confuse someone. Newerth is a community for the game called Savage XR. All of the people I listed have been playing (or had previously played) that game for many years (most, if not all, of us: at least since 2006). (In case of Daemon and Skuggi, rather "maintaining" or "updating" than "playing").
Sander wrote:
I'm a man of a my word, and hard to convince once my mind has been made up. Because Mind uses his specific methods to reveal the newest hacks and cheats. Methods uncommon to the ordinary folk, yet successful. Mind is beyond clans or similar bindings. He is the hero Newerth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight. He's the element of Nocturne, the RaGe of Demonic Monsters, White Wolves, once a Sun barely an Earth he is EvOlved but most of all, he remains an element of Nocturne.
THANKS! and thanks sander for wasting 3 to 4 minutes of my life

Sander
Reactions:

Post by Sander »

@phox @Noni I'm sorry, I can't handle this. I'm just a distraction. And I thought I would be fun, but it is not. The message is meant for savage players to discover who I am, though I'm pretty sure only Clemens will figure it out.

So my suicide is not game relevant, it's me as a person. Which I'm considering not to do, since I never thought about losing clues. And the Newerth message is mainly directed to Clemens. There could have been a slight chance that Mox, would have figured it out as well.

Ignore everything that has to do with. It's a distraction and has no value to the game. Suiciding is apparently even a bad idea because town folk would lose their clues. I'm very sorry.
Sander wrote:
I'll scalpel my wrists before the day ends. So you can pressure other people as you please. I'm a man of a my word, and hard to convince once my mind has been made up. Because Mind uses his specific methods to reveal the newest hacks and cheats. Methods uncommon to the ordinary folk, yet successful. Mind is beyond clans or similar bindings. He is the hero Newerth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight. He's the element of Nocturne, the RaGe of Demonic Monsters, White Wolves, once a Sun barely an Earth he is EvOlved but most of all, he remains an element of Nocturne.
Added, respect Gridfon. Did not know you knew me.

Mary
Reactions:

Post by Mary »

Right so @Gridfon has been very forthcoming and then @Sander 's role made sense as well, leading me to think they've just been butting heads. But @Sander I have to say that resigning from the game and all this cryptic stuff is mega weird! I've never been good at riddles, however @phox seems to be getting somwhere (*cheering you on from over here*)

@Sander this might be just personal exit strategy that you prefer to employ, but on the off chance that it isn't.... ' you'll never take me a alive ' isn't the kind of thing I'd expect any townie to say.

Waiting on @Clemens to respond to @Gridfon 's very pertinent assessments.

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

Sander wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:56 am
@phox @Noni I'm sorry, I can't handle this. I'm just a distraction. And I thought I would be fun, but it is not. The message is meant for savage players to discover who I am, though I'm pretty sure only Clemens will figure it out.

So my suicide is not game relevant, it's me as a person. Which I'm considering not to do, since I never thought about losing clues. And the Newerth message is mainly directed to Clemens. There could have been a slight chance that Mox, would have figured it out as well.

Ignore everything that has to do with. It's a distraction and has no value to the game. Suiciding is apparently even a bad idea because town folk would lose their clues. I'm very sorry.
Sander wrote:
I'll scalpel my wrists before the day ends. So you can pressure other people as you please. I'm a man of a my word, and hard to convince once my mind has been made up. Because Mind uses his specific methods to reveal the newest hacks and cheats. Methods uncommon to the ordinary folk, yet successful. Mind is beyond clans or similar bindings. He is the hero Newerth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight. He's the element of Nocturne, the RaGe of Demonic Monsters, White Wolves, once a Sun barely an Earth he is EvOlved but most of all, he remains an element of Nocturne.
Added, respect Gridfon. Did not know you knew me.
or maybe you just pretended you would commit suicide to get the pressure off of you and you wouldn't have done it after all in the end? now you are pretending you are sorry to have suggested it, because I said we would lose the clues?
@Sander I really gotta say I am not liking your riddles and weird behaviour.

Mary
Reactions:

Post by Mary »

God the phone posting is such a nuisance, I guess it's all been explained now, clear as mud :roll: . I would have never got any of that, thanks for the explanations guys.

@Daemon I hope you've noted that this game is making some people suicidal. Don't know if that's an accolade or not!

phox
Reactions:

Post by phox »

phox wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:58 pm
@Nanaa can you please tell me why you didn't vote for radwulf the entire day, and then in the last minutes of the day, after we discussed and some of us came to our senses (both me and ruxi unvoted radwulf) you referenced an older post by @Princess.ruxi and said you'll vote for radwulf based on that logic. How does this add up? You like ruxi's logic but when it comes to her voting choices you suddenly don't?
Nanaa wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:47 pm
Nanaa wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:20 pm

Princess.ruxi makes a lot of sense here. Thanks for reminding of the backstory and clearing my thoughts.

Radwulf's useless ability bothers me as well. The only logical explanation for knowing about Joesatri's fever is that Radwulf is the infector or part of such group.
I'll go with this logic

unvote behemoth
vote radwulf
@Nanaa why are you ignoring my question? Come along now, we haven't got all day. vote Nanaa as a nudge
WHAT DO WE WANT? Answers.
WHEN DO WE WANT THEM? Now. :))

Heffie
Reactions:

Post by Heffie »

@gridfon your role is very similar to radwulf's. He was about finding temperature (could be mafia infection or food) Vs you're about finding traces of infection (mafia maybe visited or maybe the person is infected? I wasn't clear based on your description)

Since we had a confirmed nurse, we have a person claiming to be a doctor, we have a vigilante, we have a person who blocks (allegedly for the town)... Why would there be another role like this? Sounds made up.

valli
Reactions:

Post by valli »

Heffie wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:21 pm
@gridfon your role is very similar to radwulf's. He was about finding temperature (could be mafia infection or food) Vs you're about finding traces of infection (mafia maybe visited or maybe the person is infected? I wasn't clear based on your description)

Since we had a confirmed nurse, we have a person claiming to be a doctor, we have a vigilante, we have a person who blocks (allegedly for the town)... Why would there be another role like this? Sounds made up.
i think there are for sure more investigative roles and a researcher fits well

EscapedConvict
Reactions:

Post by EscapedConvict »

Princess.ruxi wrote: Dear Mary, you admit you are a patient in a clinical trial and you are EC's twin.
EC claims that when one of you dies, the other one dies too.
Why would Daemon create a role where two townies would die at the same time??? It's too unbalanced. It's more likely that one is mafia and one is a townie. That, I have heard of.
THIS
MrWaffles wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:32 am

Hi @EscapedConvict,

Sorry if I am digging too deep into mechanics you don't know about, but how can Mary go into cryofreeze if you go into cryofreeze? I thought the story said that cryofreeze is not the same as death ("community was one of scholars, not of murderers"). If we lynch you, we put you in a freezer which we will later thaw you out from (I guess after the game ends). As we didn't put Mary in the freezer, does she just actually die because her heart stops beating without being in a freezer?

Regardless of the above, I am still happy to freeze you, because if Mary is evil, you will be cryofrozen (and maybe alive at game end or whatever), while she will die. I am still very unhappy with lynching Mary first just in case you are lying, because that costs us (innocent) Mary to kill (guilty) EscapedConvict.

However, I can switch my vote to her if someone can convince me that the link you share with her is now broken and my strategy will kill (innocent) EscapedConvict without killing (guilty) Mary. Given all the things that have to be proven (or at least supported) for me to switch my vote, I feel EscapedConvict would have an easier time just having people vote for himself instead. We can still lynch Mary after EscapedConvict, especially if his role is not revealed as Infected after he gets frozen.

-MrWaffles
Possibly. I just know she dies if I do.

The whole cry-stasis thingy is just game color (fluff) imo, cryo-stais = death as far as I'm concerned.

Also, Daemon never responded to the email from yesterday.

I see your guys point about lynching me instead of Mary (to kill her) so I'd have to vote Escaped Convist again to try to kill off Mary (now this is proper suicide with a gift for the town, @Sander )

Anyhow, at this point I personally don't have a better suspect then Mary and now that my role is out I can't risk getting infected and maybe decoupled from Mary and her surviving, without taking my chance and trying to kill herr off now.
The more the game advances to more my chances of taking Mary with me to the afterlife decrease, I think, based on Daemons hint in the email.

Again,for the doubters and the philosophers out there, the fact that Mary plays for the bad guys has been confirmed to me by Daemon in email text form.
I cannot in any way be confused as to her allegiance.
To me, Mary is scum 100%.
Not to mention the loose way she played so far, the gaps nd inconsistencies in her logic, the votes she cast and so forth.

@Noni you're cracking me up with your off the cuff, quirky and direct posts . You're funny.
Last edited by EscapedConvict on Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skuggi
Reactions:

Post by Skuggi »

Mary wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:13 am
Skuggi wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:31 pm
My vote is still on Mary. Frankly, I don't see why EscapedConvict could gain from lying. If we agree to go that way, it is possible to de-risk it further by lynching EscapedConvict himself, if he is lying for some reason. Unfortunately, if he is telling the truth it means losing one more townie - however, that's probably a price worth paying.

@Skuggi you acknowledge @Clemens’ assessment that the numbers do not look good, but then go on to say that with the scenarios currently laid out - losing one, potentially two townies is a price worth paying; all of this to try and get rid of someone who isn't infecting anyone. This is mindboggling maths.

I wanted to address some of this stuff today so it does not continue to eat into the game day.
As it stands 7 people have died, and only one of them was mafia (presumably). If it costs us one more townie to get one more mafia player, that seems to be worth the price - even EscapedConvict is pushing for it. I suppose there is a chance that both of your are townies, with somewhat conflicting information, but something definitely does not add up.

Even so, as I mentioned in a previous post, it seems more important to focus on one (or two) suspicious players at a time. Otherwise we'll continue getting distracted and nothing will be done. Therefore, I will (for now):

Unvote: Mary

And as it seems like our best course of action is going after the last minute bandwagon against radwulf, I will also:

Vote: Nanaa

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Heffie wrote:
you're about finding traces of infection (mafia maybe visited or maybe the person is infected? I wasn't clear based on your description)
Here are the only bolded parts of my post. Please read them.
Gridfon wrote:
I am a Researcher.

Every night, I visit someone's room to collect air samples. By analyzing these samples, I can tell whether any infected player has been in my target's room since the last decontamination (this includes the host of the room themselves).

N1: I checked Stringer. He was clear.
N2: I checked Radwulf. He was clear.
N3: I checked Clemens. I found traces of infection in his room.
------------------
Heffie wrote:
Let's assume we indeed have a doctor (but Sander is not sure about the meaning of his role himself) and a vigilante (but people were arguing that MrWaffles' NTA is not really vigilante-style), and we have a person who blocks (but isn't Moxy dead?). How does that impact the chances of having another detective-style role in this game? Yours very much looks like a half-baked mafia attempt to attack me - it makes exactly no sense to ask this; you will need to try much harder.

Let me do this for you: "Gridfon, we already had at least 4 investigative roles: one by Radwulf, one by Noni, one by Princess.ruxi, one by Joesatri. Are you sure you are the 5th??"

Princess.ruxi
Reactions:

Post by Princess.ruxi »

Gridfon wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:46 pm
Gridfon wrote:
I am a Researcher.

------------------
Did any of you noticed that Sander and Gridfon both targeted Clemens on night 3?

Princess.ruxi
Reactions:

Post by Princess.ruxi »

@Noni what did you do on night 3? You never mention it.

MrWaffles
Reactions:

Post by MrWaffles »

EscapedConvict wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:40 pm
I see your guys point about lynching me instead of Mary (to kill her) so I'd have to vote Escaped Convist again to try to kill off Mary (now this is proper suicide with a gift for the town, @Sander )
I vote Escaped Convict because this seems like the only sensible way of removing a Mafia player. I don't think Escaped Convict's under the influence of hallucinogens or whatever in his role claim and claims about Mary being his twin, because frankly if people were forced through NTA to convince us to lynch them, how would this game even function?

That said, I still don't understand why Siderite, Moxy, and now Sander are talking so weirdly. Can being poetic, stupid, or suicidal actually be in people's role description? Has anyone seen this in prior games?

-MrWaffles

Heffie
Reactions:

Post by Heffie »

Gridfon wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:46 pm
Heffie wrote:
you're about finding traces of infection (mafia maybe visited or maybe the person is infected? I wasn't clear based on your description)
Here are the only bolded parts of my post. Please read them.
Gridfon wrote:
I am a Researcher.

------------------
Heffie wrote:
Let's assume we indeed have a doctor (but Sander is not sure about the meaning of his role himself) and a vigilante (but people were arguing that MrWaffles' NTA is not really vigilante-style), and we have a person who blocks (but isn't Moxy dead?). How does that impact the chances of having another detective-style role in this game? Yours very much looks like a half-baked mafia attempt to attack me - it makes exactly no sense to ask this; you will need to try much harder.

Let me do this for you: "Gridfon, we already had at least 4 investigative roles: one by Radwulf, one by Noni, one by Princess.ruxi, one by Joesatri. Are you sure you are the 5th??"
If I'd have been mafia, I would've voted to kill any of the lynched townies so far, but I didn't because I'm not and I'm trying to use logic even though I'm finding it hard to keep track of the roles in this game and who's claiming what. Maybe I'm just not as sharp as I used to be. And yes, if I wanted to lynch you, I would've tried harder such as voting for you for starters.

Thanks for restating what I said and adding all the other investigative roles so far. Seeing as how you found @Clemens infected, why are you not voting for him? I've just re-read the last few pages and maybe I've missed it but he didn't claim a role yet right?

Will unvote: sander and get things straightened out. So, if someone can help me out regarding Clemens, I'd appreciate it.

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

phox wrote:

" He is the hero Newerth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight. He's the element of Nocturne, the RaGe of Demonic Monsters, White Wolves, once a Sun barely an Earth he is EvOlved but most of all, he remains an element of Nocturne."
"Newerth" is completely game-unrelated. It's the community around a different game (Savage XR) from where half of us know one another (including Daemon himself).
There may be a clue in there, but only people that know Sander would be able to tell at best.

(I'll get to Gridfon's post in a moment.)

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Heffie wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:06 pm
Seeing as how you found @Clemens infected, why are you not voting for him? I've just re-read the last few pages and maybe I've missed it but he didn't claim a role yet right?
Because I'm sure Clemens will promptly respond. He will provide more possibilities of him having traces of infection in his room. He will come up with ways to cast doubt on my role. I don't really need to vote against him, he'll come at me himself.

Meanwhile the less active people like Nanaa need more pressure and incentives to be active. I started my day by accusing him of doing mafia-style bandwagon, and he has not posted even once today yet. That's why my vote is on Nanaa right now.

Heffie
Reactions:

Post by Heffie »

I think we should deal with @Gridfon 's claim that @Clemens is infected before dealing with @Nanaa who we don't know anything about yet.

@Gridfon you were wrong, he just posted and ignored it :| so i will vote: clemens

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

Princess.ruxi wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:54 pm
Did any of you noticed that Sander and Gridfon both targeted Clemens on night 3?
I was expecting as much, they both know me and have been obsessed with me in the past. :roll:
This is more an atest to their personality and our relationship than what intentions they harbour towards me.
Heffie wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:06 pm
Thanks for restating what I said and adding all the other investigative roles so far. Seeing as how you found @Clemens infected, why are you not voting for him?
He didn't claim that I am infected, he claimed that there are traces of an infection in my room.
There is a distinct difference.
On that note, I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, but what a coincidence that it had to be you, old pal. :D

Firstly, your role sounds overall legit. I don't doubt there are more investigation roles out there in a big game like this.
Secondly, your choices for targets sound legit as well. I can agree with them.
Thirdly, your entire strategy in how to lay traps for me is sound as well.
Fourthly, I did inherent Pelasgi's history and role 1:1, so anything that has happened to him has happened to me.

As for what everyone is actually waiting for:
Yes, I believe that @Gridfon's N3 result is correct. I believe as well that there are traces of an infection in my room. You are also correct that I (or Pelasgi specifically) falls into one of your listed NTA "?" victims, as the history I received when replacing him strongly implied that he was. I was hoping to keep my secrets a little bit longer to observe silently what people might be accusing me of, getting clues that only I could pick up on due to my own role. Unfortunately, you did it in a way that puts a lot more attention onto me than I wanted. :roll:

I have one question, though, how do you "check" these rooms? (Yes, the story fluff.)

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Heffie wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:44 pm
I think we should deal with @Gridfon 's claim that @Clemens is infected before dealing with @Nanaa who we don't know anything about yet.
Just to make it clear: I'm not claiming that Clemens is infected just yet. I merely know that someone infected was in his room since the start of the game. I'd wait for his defense before making any conclusions.
Heffie wrote:
@Gridfon you were wrong, he just posted and ignored it :| so i will vote: clemens
He told he will get to my post in a moment. It will take him 1-2 hours to write his wall of text. Worry not, it will be here soon.

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

Heffie wrote:
I did not ignore it?
Clemens wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:11 pm
(I'll get to Gridfon's post in a moment.)
Writing long posts takes a while, and so I interrupted my catch-up reading so I could clarify that Sander's cryptic messages at the end are not worth getting distracted over. Because his real personality is very distracting and flamboyant; as I said, I know him.
Then I kept reading to catch up on what else I missed before posting my reply.
Of course then as I kept reading further I realized others had already explained his cryptic message, but alas. :lol:

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Clemens wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:47 pm
I have one question, though, how do you "check" these rooms? (Yes, the story fluff.)
I think I fully disclosed all mechanically relevant parts of my role, and there is nothing to add. (Besides trying to breach into the territory of quoting the mod).

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Clemens wrote:
Princess.ruxi wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:54 pm
I was expecting as much, they both know me and have been obsessed with me in the past. :roll:
This is more an atest to their personality and our relationship than what intentions they harbour towards me.
HAHAHA CLEMENS.
Aren't we all?!

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

Gridfon wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:59 pm
I think I fully disclosed all mechanically relevant parts of my role, and there is nothing to add. (Besides trying to breach into the territory of quoting the mod).
I was hoping for more than that, because I only have two problems with your role, @Gridfon.
One I will not disclose yet as it won't prove anything at this point (no clues for you Mafia observing).
It may boil down to schemantics, but the other problem is how I have no recollection of you actually being in my room when I didn't leave my room last night. I imagine that physically entering my room and collecting samples wouldn't be the sneakiest of actions.
This may boil down to the target not actually knowing when they have been visited by something this intrusive, of course, but your other two targets cannot confirm it one way or another at this point.

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Clemens wrote:
Yes, I believe that @Gridfon's N3 result is correct. I believe as well that there are traces of an infection in my room. You are also correct that I (or Pelasgi specifically) falls into one of your listed NTA "?" victims, as the history I received when replacing him strongly implied that he was. I was hoping to keep my secrets a little bit longer to observe silently what people might be accusing me of, getting clues that only I could pick up on due to my own role. Unfortunately, you did it in a way that puts a lot more attention onto me than I wanted. :roll:
So you imply you were targeted by mandatory cleaning.
Clemens wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:46 am
Sander wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:13 am
Clemens, in the previous night
1. Were you called away?
2. Did you have cleaning?
In the previous night, N3:
1. No.
2. Not that I am aware of.
But you were not targeted in N3. So presumably you were targeted on N1.

That gives us some options:
(a) Clemens is a mafia member, and Mandatory Cleaning is an NTA ability that belongs to mafia. He knows that the target of N1 is no longer in the game, so he can claim to be the target.
(b) Clemens is not a mafia member, and Mandatory Cleaning is an NTA ability that belongs to mafia. Clemens was the target in N1.
(c) Clemens is not a mafia member, and Mandatory Cleaning is an NTA ability that belongs to town. Clemens was targeted by an investigative-style NTA by someone from mafia (which left traces of infection in his room), and Clemens is not aware of that.

This far, we did not get far, did we.
Clemens wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:33 pm
Gridfon wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm
@Clemens: What do you think about mandatory cleaning?
Since @Princess.ruxi did not mention any with her infection, I'd assume it's an entirely different NTA.
Combined by the nature of "cleaning" in a "corona" game, I'd believe they are not on the Mafia side.
I don't know if the "cleaning" actually cleans, though - that would define if they're innocent or a third party.
If (a) is true, then here Clemens was planting some seeds so that a mafia member can claim a Mandatory Cleaning role as an innocent NTA.
If Clemens could somehow confirm that Mandatory Cleaning is a disruptive/malicious NTA, then option (c) would be excluded.

Hmm, this is not very informative.
Clemens wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:09 pm
Gridfon wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:59 pm
It may boil down to schemantics, but the other problem is how I have no recollection of you actually being in my room when I didn't leave my room last night. I imagine that physically entering my room and collecting samples wouldn't be the sneakiest of actions.
This may boil down to the target not actually knowing when they have been visited by something this intrusive, of course, but your other two targets cannot confirm it one way or another at this point.
I collect air samples from inside your room. I am told to have a vast choice of different equipment, but I am somewhat doubtful that I could possess anything that allows to collect the air without entering your room. This casts doubt on the type of ability you imply to have.

---

P.S.
Clemens wrote:
schemantics
I wonder if Clemens planted this typo on purpose, so I can correct it, and then Clemens will be able to claim that I am only attacking him because I am obsessed with him.

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Clemens wrote:
the history I received when replacing him strongly implied that he was
If you were targeted by Mandatory Cleaning, you should know for sure. Radwulf was quite specific about it.
Why is your explanation so vague?

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

Gridfon wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:29 pm
No.
Gridfon wrote:
But you were not targeted in N3. So presumably you were targeted on N1.
Correct.
Gridfon wrote:
(a) Clemens is a mafia member, and Mandatory Cleaning is an NTA ability that belongs to mafia. He knows that the target of N1 is no longer in the game, so he can claim to be the target.
(b) Clemens is not a mafia member, and Mandatory Cleaning is an NTA ability that belongs to mafia. Clemens was the target in N1.
I do not believe that I was targeted by Mandatory Cleaning, as what I experienced is different to what @joesatri said about it. @Princess.ruxi has also noted that she will die - much like joe - but without any Mandatory Cleaning having happened.
Gridfon wrote:
(c) Clemens is not a mafia member, and Mandatory Cleaning is an NTA ability that belongs to town. Clemens was targeted by an investigative-style NTA by someone from mafia (which left traces of infection in his room), and Clemens is not aware of that.
As I've said, I don't know which side Mandatory Cleaning belongs to or even if it actually does any "cleaning". My room likely has traces of an infection, so if cleaning did happen in my room, there is a chance for it to belong to Mafia. But I cannot tell you who all visited me, as I do not have an NTA to tell me such.
Gridfon wrote:
This far, we did not get far, did we.
Indeed, because my information is very limited in scope and is more useful to me than anyone else.
Gridfon wrote:
I collect air samples from inside your room. I am told to have a vast choice of different equipment, but I am somewhat doubtful that I could possess anything that allows to collect the air without entering your room. This casts doubt on the type of ability you imply to have.
Yes, hence it's (in-)convenient that your other two targets cannot help with this.
But I do not have an NTA that allows me to check my own door; you may have misunderstood this.
Gridfon wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:40 pm
If you were targeted by Mandatory Cleaning, you should know for sure. Radwulf was quite specific about it.
Which message of Radwulf's are you referring to?
But I can only repeat, I am fairly certain it was not Mandatory Cleaning.
Gridfon wrote:
Clemens wrote:
schemantics
I wonder if Clemens planted this typo on purpose
My English has been degrading from hanging out with people not well-versed in said language. :?
But I do like puns.

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Clemens wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:56 pm
Gridfon wrote:
No.
Then did you design the following to be misleading and ultimately false on purpose?
Clemens wrote:
You are also correct that I (or Pelasgi specifically) falls into one of your listed NTA "?" victims, as the history I received when replacing him strongly implied that he was.
This was my initial list that we both refer to (I later re-posted it to assign Day 3 of "feeling unwell" to Sander, but that's besides the point). You claimed a "?" for your alibi.
Gridfon wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:17 am
These are the disruptive NTAs we're experiencing. Out of them 3 are likely mafia-aligned, and the 4th is still quite mysterious. Anyone wants to shed some light on the question marks?

"I am rather unwell and cannot vote today" crowd:
Day 1: joesatri (post #31)
Day 2: Noni (post #584)
Day 3: ?

"I am going to die next morning" crowd:
Day 1: ---
Day 2: joesatri (#642)
Day 3: Princess.ruxi (post #1014)

"I had a visitor and I'm compelled to vote for ... our discussion was inspired and eye-opening and I simply cannot vote for anyone else, anything else or abstain" crowd:
Day 1: Noni against zero (post #716)
Day 2: valli against Trigardon (posts #665 and #1021)
Day 3: Bombaclaat against josatri (post #995)

"I had mandatory cleaning previous night" crowd:
Day 1: ?
Day 3: ?
---
Clemens wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:56 pm
Gridfon wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:40 pm
Which message of Radwulf's are you referring to?
But I can only repeat, I am fairly certain it was not Mandatory Cleaning.
My bad, that was a typo. I mean joesatri in #642:
joesatri wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:14 pm
The cleaning and maintenance department is clearly the mafia (N1 kill confirms it).

I was forced to leave my room last night, for mandatory cleaning. (these guys mean buisness! mandatory cleaning...)

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

Gridfon wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:09 pm
Then did you design the following to be misleading and ultimately false on purpose?
Gridfon wrote:
This was my initial list that we both refer to (I later re-posted it to assign Day 3 of "feeling unwell" to Sander, but that's besides the point). You claimed a "?" for your alibi.
I've been keeping it vague (and slow) so we could have some other players join in as well.
I want to hang on to a piece of information just a little longer for that purpose.
Gridfon wrote:
joesatri wrote:
The cleaning and maintenance department is clearly the mafia (N1 kill confirms it).

I was forced to leave my room last night, for mandatory cleaning. (these guys mean buisness! mandatory cleaning...)
I'm keeping an open mind about this possibility, but we don't have enough guilty death clues to prove one way or another.
So far we have "Infected Gardner", though "Bio-Warfare Researcher" has a sinister ring to it as well.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Clemens wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:34 pm
Gridfon wrote:
Gridfon wrote:
I've been keeping it vague (and slow) so we could have some other players join in as well.
I want to hang on to a piece of information just a little longer for that purpose.
Gridfon wrote:
joesatri wrote:

I'm keeping an open mind about this possibility, but we don't have enough guilty death clues to prove one way or another.
So far we have "Infected Gardner", though "Bio-Warfare Researcher" has a sinister ring to it as well.
it's hard for other players to join the gridfon - clemens dialogue. you guys just keep quoting each other in long ass posts.

bottom line, clemens had some infected air in his room but that could be anything apparently.
sander said a whole lot of nothing about maybe killing himself
we have mary and ec who wanna die or not die together (i vote not die yet, mainly because EC thinks i'm funny, which i enjoy)
televek joined in to vote for me since i'm super suspicious (being active and cooperating with various players) - PRICELESS
mr waffles blocks people from voting and the town thinks ''we can use him"

the world has gone mad.

outside of the game, i need to let you know that my phone decided to not really work anymore with a cracked screen. i may be a bit less active while my replacement phone arrives. unless i keep posting from my work laptop which i am not supposed to use for personal reasons

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

@Princess.ruxi on night 3 i hung around Grifon's room. nobody visited him. To think, i thought about hanging around your room too!!!! but shoulda woulda coulda doesn't help anyone

Princess.ruxi
Reactions:

Post by Princess.ruxi »

Noni wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:48 pm
@Princess.ruxi on night 3 i hung around Grifon's room. nobody visited him. To think, i thought about hanging around your room too!!!! but shoulda woulda coulda doesn't help anyone
Thanks for replying.
What bothers me is that you seem to fit the role of a lurker. The thing is the lurker is usually mafia-affiliated. The purpose of this NTA is to provide mafia with the info on who's the dr / cop. I mean, just how many investigators does this town have?

Heffie
Reactions:

Post by Heffie »

Princess.ruxi wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:12 pm
Noni wrote:
Thanks for replying.
What bothers me is that you seem to fit the role of a lurker. The thing is the lurker is usually mafia-affiliated. The purpose of this NTA is to provide mafia with the info on who's the dr / cop. I mean, just how many investigators does this town have?
My point exactly. So far the only ones I've noted that don't have one are Mary and EC but apparently even they have it at least once for the purposes of finding eachother and not dying together or dying together at the right time, who knows.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

Princess.ruxi wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:12 pm
Noni wrote:
Thanks for replying.
Well that's a question for daemon when this game ends.

Noni
Reactions:

Post by Noni »

I also feel like most people's with "investigative" abilities matter if we work together, helping us to create the bigger picture.
This is not your typical mafia with very typical roles

Clemens
Reactions:

Post by Clemens »

Alright, since nothing is happening, let's bring some action back into this.
I was hoping to see if any guilty players might be prudent enough to attack me today, as they have an important reason to do so.
Unfortunately, you've exposed a little too much about me for that to happen now.

@Gridfon
I assume you may have already figured it out yourself, but I occupy this missing slot:
Gridfon wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:46 pm
"I am going to die next morning" crowd:
Day 1: ---
Day 3: Princess.ruxi (post #1014)
I believe I was victim to an infection on N1, my experience in N1 strongly implies this to be the case.
But miracously, I am still alive.
There was no infection-based death in the day2 morning, because their attempt in N1 failed and I bet they have been nervously worrying about it ever since - after all, their other two victims (joe confirmed, Princess.ruxi assumed) have not escaped from their predicament.
I have a self-inflicted hyper-active immune system that makes me immune to viral infections - including coronavirus.
So those are likely the traces of infection that you have found in my room.
I do not know who visited me during N1, but if anyone does know, you've got yourself a massive potential lead. (Remember, during N1 I was Pelasgi, not Clemens.)

So I can speculate with almost certainty that infections happen at night and kill an entire day later (the next night).
The lack of infection death from N1, my survival as the first victim, @joesatri being the first actual infection death, and @Princess.ruxi soon-to-depart.

At the same time, my role will be exceedingly difficult to prove. :D

Rene
Reactions:

Post by Rene »

Sorry for waking up so late. Being tucked away at a place forever does weird things to your nocturnal rhythm. Anyways. Hi @Clemens, good to see you here.

I don't have too much to disclose honestly. But I'll claim this as we proceed further, I have no NTAs, if I did have any I'd have contributed more to these discussions. (Which is also why, I skip nights and then oversleep knowing that nothing particularly exciting happens to me/all I've to work with is what people say that far. And the latter makes joining in late even more useful.)

However, I hit the mark once with defending Moxy and then missed it big time twice with Trigardon and Radwulf... For fairness I can't blame myself for the either of them, but the deed is done anyways which makes me doubt my own accusation abilities and be quiet instead of pointing fingers.

So I think Gridfon's role claim sounds legit and my theory with mandatory cleaning is that it's likely a malicious event that's trying to clean up the traces of infection in the room that @Gridfon is looking for. A janitor like role to hide the traces of infections.

The find about having two different vote blockers through the ability to target dead people seem crucial, good find Clemens.

Regarding day three: I don't have much to say. I'm fine with voting EscapingConvict/Mary. I'm not going to vote for MrWaffles or Gridfon, for sure. But I'll chime into any other vote to get the day going to extract more information, especially if better reasonings present themselves. If this was day two I'd have pushed for my suspects, but I don't feel confident enough to do that.

Emilly
Reactions:

Post by Emilly »

Princess.ruxi wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:14 am
Emilly wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:04 pm
About @EscapedConvict and @Mary I noticed that they have identical roles: they are both volunteers to be tested. It seems too simple for one of them to be told that he has a twin brother who is a mafia. I rather think that they are both under the influence of some substances and have "hallucinations". It is my opinion, considering that we are in such a laboratory. To make sure @Mary is a mafia, I propose that she be investigated at night. I'm afraid they are both drugged and we're killing them in vain.
@Emilly this is a facility that's testing corona vaccines. No drugs. Actually it is very important that the subjects would not be under the influence of any drug in order to be able to report any adverse effect.
@Princess.ruxi she will be tested if she is infected with corona.

Gridfon
Reactions:

Post by Gridfon »

Clemens wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:48 pm
I believe I was victim to an infection on N1, my experience in N1 strongly implies this to be the case.
But miracously, I am still alive.
I find it unlikely that the first target of infected mafia kill was Pelasgi. Unless Pelasgi was a known middle-of-the-pack veteran name?... It's hard for me to quickly check what various people wrote about Pelasgi throughout the days, but my impression is that Pelasgi is not a household name. I understand that targeting someone like Radwulf is too dangerous on Night 1. But the mafia team ought to be able to identify an average veteran who would be known to be smart, expected to be reliably active, and certainly worth being murdered.
Clemens wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:48 pm
I have a self-inflicted hyper-active immune system that makes me immune to viral infections - including coronavirus.
It is very convenient that no doctor will ever be able to confirm what happened to you. And no mafia will obviously confirm that you were targeted.

Let's brainstorm some crazy ideas.
- This sounds like something from EC+Mary playbook. Perhaps you are a test subject, too? It could also be a good starting point for a psycho. What is your NTA?
- There might be some players who get converted into mafia instead of dying next day, and you might be one of them (e.g. it depends on your immune system). One thought I had earlier was: does every player have an NTA in this game? If Daemon did not develop 28 NTAs, he could go for shortcuts such as: infecting a player who has no NTA gets them converted instead of killed.
Rene wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:53 pm
So I think Gridfon's role claim sounds legit and my theory with mandatory cleaning is that it's likely a malicious event that's trying to clean up the traces of infection in the room that @Gridfon is looking for. A janitor like role to hide the traces of infections.
At this point, I find it more likely that Mandatory Cleaning is designed to spread the traces of infection. That (together with the other ~3 disruptive NTA abilities) should ensure that my NTA becomes increasingly useless over time. But helping (Rene's suggestion) or interfering (my suggestion) with my NTA cannot be the only function of Mandatory Cleaning.

For an example of a good role design, let me speculate about Nurse + MrWaffles's role ("feeling unwell"). Perhaps all mafia players have an increased temperature, and Nurse could detect that. It seems that getting food poisoning also increases your temperature (Radwulf claimed joesatri's temperature was higher than normal). So then MrWaffle's NTA introduced some uncertainty into Radwulf's NTA results, making it more nuanced. That makes me think MrWaffle's is likely to be mafia.

I expect to see a similarly nuanced interaction between my role, Mandatory Cleaning, and some other mechanic (or some other effect of Mandatory Cleaning) that I'm not yet aware of.

Nanaa
Reactions:

Post by Nanaa »

Uuf, still catching up page on 24 but gonna answer Phox's question in the meanwhile.
phox wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:58 pm
@Nanaa can you please tell me why you didn't vote for radwulf the entire day, and then in the last minutes of the day, after we discussed and some of us came to our senses (both me and ruxi unvoted radwulf) you referenced an older post by @Princess.ruxi and said you'll vote for radwulf based on that logic. How does this add up? You like ruxi's logic but when it comes to her voting choices you suddenly don't?
I was juggling between Joe and Radwulf the entire day trying to decide which one to believe. Didn't think it was possible that both were townies. Remembering Princess.ruxi's post I finally made up my mind and decided to go for lynching Radwulf and believe Joesatri. I was also surprised that Princess.ruxi didn't vote for Radwulf. That made me think that maybe Princess.ruxi tries to contribute town with good logic but withdraws from voting (when mafia teammate is under fire).

Tbh, I was close to unvote Radwulf when I saw Sanders' vote. I had the feeling I was in the same direction with bad the guys. Gridfon's last minute info seemed out of place. Why didn't he tell earlier? Ofc, I understand now that he wanted to protect his role till the very end... and that we would get double kill on mafia if he lied as he explained.

This is a hard game. We have already had 2 battles between townies, Moxy vs Radwulf and Radwulf vs Joesatri.

I just tried to finally get the first mafia lynched before they do more harm at night. Ofc in retrospective, since we have multilynches per day, better tactic would be to gather more info and then start lynching.